CIV Stormtrooper Costume Panel

Daetrin

For those who didn't notice it on the 501st boards...

Topic: NEW CASTING CALL for CIV Costume Panels!

Do you LOVE your costume?? If so, then BE A STAR on stage at Celebration IV!!

The 501st Costume Panels Committee is seeking panelists to share their costuming knowledge and skill with Star Wars fans at Celebration IV. This year LFL has approved panels for nine different costume categories.

GoTo swc4news.com to sign-up and for more details under "Official Events and Activities: Official Panels Info/Update Thread", or if you already have access to the site, just use this link:

------------------

INITIAL SIGN-UP DEADLINE: SUNDAY, March 25, 12Noon PDT

DON'T MISS YOUR CHANCE to be part of the Celebration IV Legacy!!!

This is a great opportunity to share your knowledge. This panel would cover the various incarnations of the armored stormtrooper costumes seen in the original trilogy, namely the clean TK, the sandtrooper, the snowtrooper, and the scout.

It would be pretty sad if all that showed up were TDs, TBs, and TS's - volunteer today!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

This sounds pretty cool.

I will have to attend this one with my SDS armour and battle spec bucket and listen to what people have to say :D

Yes, its a great opurtunity to learn from other's experience's :salute:

:wacko: OHHHHHhhh Ben that was a Right jab to the testicle!!!!!

But you are right there has been a lot of C__P and shrapnel flying around lately..... but the Admis. have shut thous up fast. some people need to get over things. ;):P:D:lol:B)

I have never seen anything get heated over here at all which is brilliant from my point of view but you know how some people are.

It will be the same when they have the movie marathon you always end up with someone trying to be smart and make a comment on a scene.

I just hope everyone attending behaves in a decent manner. I know armour builders will not get mentioned but I would not want to see people get heated with some of the things mentioned like what we see everyday on message boards.

Then it wouldn't be a true panel :lol: everyone arguing and throwing armor parts at each other, cutting each other?s work down, making comments on who makes the best stuff! :lol: Anger, Arrogance, and a false sense of superiority :D AHHHHhhh...GOD TIMES :duim::pint1::lol:

Then it wouldn't be a true panel :lol: everyone arguing and throwing armor parts at each other, cutting each other?s work down, making comments on who makes the best stuff! :lol: Anger, Arrogance, and a false sense of superiority :D AHHHHhhh...GOD TIMES :duim::pint1::lol:

Darn right! What would a ST discussion be without words like "recast" "original molds" or "Shaddup!" :P

We can call it the RPF TV channel... LOL :)

The link is DEAD, people. Nada. Nothing there. No posting.

the link in the first post works fine here. you have to be registered on the CIV boards and have access to the 501st part to see it.

the lists for the costume panels are closed already and for the Trooper panel this names are in:

STORMTROOPERS

TK____________________Sarah Pugliaresi/TK546/TK-0546©

______________________Edward DaSilva/TK4878/Tk-4878©

TB____________________Chris Romines/Army Scout/TB-111©

TD____________________Martin Vavra/TD1722/TC-1722©

TS____________________Stuart Wilkshire/ts-969/TS-0969©

I will be on the panel for the Denizens... I'm already very nervous about that, I hope it will not end in a complete desaster ;)

So do the panelists basically explain and give tips and ideas on the costumes in question and answer any questions asked to them?

I am not knocking anyone at all but I am just wondering if the panel actually digs in deep about various ideas on each costume rather than the basics of putting together a TK costume wouldnt it have been better to say pick people from different garrisons?

The panel was open to anyone that volunteered, hence the list you see.

Ben, I exchanged emails with one panelist last night, wehope to coordinate all the panelists together to maximize our time and cover subjects in depth. Also, to be fair to newb it will be appropriate to cover the basic assembly. If you aren't a trooper it does seem like magic the thing stays together B)