Memorable things I heard on my first troop as a stormtrooper.

SuperTrooper

last night I was asked:

are you able to do... pushups in that... thing?

tha point in the question was the look in her eyes! jajaja

another question was... can you go to the bathroom in that?

and finally:

is that a saint bernard dog type of first aid kit? (meaning to the thermal detonator)

When I was doing AT-ST back in '03, no one knew who I was, some little boy asked "Is he a janitor on the big planet ship?"

Yeah, unfortunately, that is a character that didn't get too much screen time :unsure:

I liked it, but didnt have a lot of resources to work with... the helmet was the hard part. Had a prop-maker buddy of mine create it and paint it for me... that friend moved away and I moved away, so I have to find new prop-maker friends where ever I PCS to.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LOL this is great! ... last year at the Convention center for SFX 2006 my dad saw a couple of troopers out front and he said to me " Look Chewbacca". In fact it seems to me that regardless of weather its Darth Vader, a Stormtrooper or even someone dressed as Princess Leia, my dad always seems to think its Chewbacca :blink:

• 6 months later...

On Halloween I had a few kids refer to me as a Transformer. It was funny but it seemed like the little kids knew what I was better than the little bit older kids. And alot of high school age kids are totally clueless. Just seems that there is a resurgence of Star Wars fans. There is part of a generation there that was completely lost. It skipped a an age group or something.

I noticed that too here. Last Halloween there were lots of kids here and the smaller ones knew Star Wars alot better than the older ones.

And what they called me.. They simply called me "Star Wars", allthough some of them actually knew I was a Stormtrooper, not bad for kids that small.