motto

TK:TK

I feel a bit ?disloyal? even bringing this up, but I prefer the old FISD motto (?Stormtroopers Don?t Need Mottos?).

I understand that Stormtroopers have blind and unswerving loyalty to the evil machinations of the Empire, but "Unquestioned Loyalty" seems to miss the mark of expressing the essential coolness of being a Stormtrooper.

That's my $0.02....

It's not so much as a motto, as it is a description. It's odd, but I'm reading the Bounty Hunter Wars novels, and I ran across this and thought it was kind of cool and appropriate:

Becoming an Imperial stormtrooper was no easy process; few had a chance of enduring the violent hammering-in of the military skills that went with the deathly white armor. Those who didn't make it all the way to the end, whose bodies or minds broke under thier drill sergeants' sedistic regimens, washed out of the program as corpses. An unquestioning loyalty and obedience to superior officers went with the training; any resistance to commands, however destructive or fatal they might be, was rooted out like diseased nerve tissue.

It's not so much as a motto, as it is a description. It's odd, but I'm reading the Bounty Hunter Wars novels, and I ran across this and thought it was kind of cool and appropriate:

I like that...It sounds VERY tough! :duim::salute::trooper:

The motto will change on a periodic basis, you can always submit a suggestion to the Admin staff for future consideration.

I see Ed is already starting to act like the next DL. Mmmm...what to do with my ambitious apprentice...what to do...

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Did I miss a memo? Perhaps a TPS report?

Ā 

No my Floridian friend...however Uncle Palpy is having trouble with the printer. Something about "PC load letter". Several have gone to assist, none have returned.

"Becoming an Imperial stormtrooper was no easy process; few had a chance of enduring the violent hammering-in of the military skills that went with the deathly white armor. Those who didn't make it all the way to the end, whose bodies or minds broke under thier drill sergeants' sedistic regimens, washed out of the program as corpses. An unquestioning loyalty and obedience to superior officers went with the training; any resistance to commands, however destructive or fatal they might be, was rooted out like diseased nerve tissue."

Ā 

Ā 

The whole reference to diseased nerve tissue gives me a whole trip to the dentist vibe. Stormtroopers are white, teeth are white, coincidence?

Ā 

Other possible mottos..

Ā 

"Fights Cavities"

Ā 

"4 out of 5 detachments recommend"

Ā 

"FISD. See the Whiteness. Feel the Shine"