How quick can it be done?

I just ordered my FX armor and it will be here in a day or two and I can't wait to get trooping in it! My question is this: how quickly can a suit of armor be assembled? I've never done it before, nor have I helped anyone assemble theirs. I already have an armor party that I will be hosting at my house in August where members from my garrison will be there to help me out.

Keep in mind, I already have an MRCE helmet, so I don't need to assemble the helmet, the kit is the "lite" version, no helmet just armor.

So how quickly can it be done and still be a quality fit for my body?

I helped someone assemble a FX TX which was a recast so it was harder to get pieces match up, and we had to do the helmet too, but we managed to do it in 3 days.

If you have people helping you out and you only need to do the armor, you can do it in one night.

FX armor is probably the easiest armor to assemble.

I'm definitely going to use the buttons/snaps and not just velcro. I do want it to look good and fit like a glove. Luckily I have a pretty standard body type/size, so there shouldn't have to be any major mods to pieces.

if you use E6000 glue, it takes at least 12 hours to dry, I even allowed up to 24 sometimes. I like the hold that it has, not near as ugly as the Devcon plastic Welder - although the Devcon is FAST.

I'm definitely going to use the buttons/snaps and not just velcro. I do want it to look good and fit like a glove. Luckily I have a pretty standard body type/size, so there shouldn't have to be any major mods to pieces.

Ryan

Please, please don't rush it, you will be more then grateful that you didn't in the end :)

Also, if you want the FX to 'fit you like a glove' then I'm afraid that you will have to

modify it somewhat no matter what your body type is :(

Ryan

Please, please don't rush it, you will be more then grateful that you didn't in the end :)

Also, if you want the FX to 'fit you like a glove' then I'm afraid that you will have to

modify it somewhat no matter what your body type is :(

Well, I want to rush so that I can get trooping, but yet I don't want to rush in that I end up sacrificing quality. I've borrowed someone's TD and wore it for a parade, and it cut into my legs during the entire time I walked around in it, so I see great value in taking the time to get my armor to fit me right. I'm not just going to slap it together and put it on.

Well, I want to rush so that I can get trooping, but yet I don't want to rush in that I end up sacrificing quality. I've borrowed someone's TD and wore it for a parade, and it cut into my legs during the entire time I walked around in it, so I see great value in taking the time to get my armor to fit me right. I'm not just going to slap it together and put it on.

Ryan

Glad to hear it mate :duim:

A good friend of my in the UKG trooped over 50 times last year and he's up to 45 this year

in his T M and he is still tweaking his armour here and there :)

Its what we do mate, you can always find something that you want to change even when we

think that we're finished :D

If you really knew what you were doing, I think an assembly could be done in a weekend. However, I wouldn't recommend this, esp. not with your first suit.

E6000 is great great stuff, by far the easiest to use and most reliable glue I've used. I've gone thru 3 different kinds of glues in my suit, and it's been the best by far. But, yes allow 24 hours for dry time.

Take your time, get it to the best possible fit you can. Also, realize that everytime you wear the suit, you are going to want to modify or change something. I'm still a bit of a newbie in this whole arena (been 501st for a year now with 5 troops). In just that year since my approval, I've massively redone my thighs, modified ab plate, redone my belt, and now I'm redoing the whole strapping setup for my arms.

It's just like working on a car or a house, you are never truly finished. Take your time, have fun, take lots of pictures!

My best advice is "Take your time." I am currently putting together my 2nd kit of armor and am really taking my time to make sure this one looks much better than my first kit. I rushed through my first kit and it showed in my opinion and I dont want that to happen this time around.

My first kit was an FX. I was ready to troop within the weekend. Custom mods came later.

Last year a garrison mate and myself built two elite troopers in two days.

FX pretty much builds itself. The most important part is to have fun even if you rush it.

Well, I got my box of armor in the mail today, and I went from complete elation to being incredibly overwhelmed. :(

Most parts look pretty straight forward to put together, but since I've never done this, I have a million questions about every part. It looks like I have no choice other than to take it slow.

Here is a pic of the parts just laid out on the ground with my MRCE helmet.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Well at least you've got the parts laid out right :P. Look at the Dave's Garage videos on YouTube, and just ask questions if you've got them. I did the forearms first, and once you get the hang of how the parts fit together, the rest is easy.

since you already have the helmet ready the armor won't be that much of a problem.

the fitting is the hardest part but if you do it with a couple of experienced troopers you'll have your ready in a few hours.

my first kit was an FX and I build it and fitted it with the help of a friend in less than 4 hours without the helmet. I really wasn't rushing it as attaching velcro and fitting the armor is pretty darn easy with the help of someone.

the next day after a few tryouts walking, trying to sit and climbing stairs i knew where to exactly trim the armor to stop it from pinching. that same day after the trimming and some new tryouts the armor fitted perfectly and i could run, sit and even throw myself on the flor and get back on my feet again without any help.

the next day the helmet was assembled and it took me about 6 hours to complete. but since you don't have this problem you'll be trooping fast man.

My second FX kit was asembled and trimmed in less than 6 hours and ready for deployment without a fuzz. Tis new armor is fitted with a Stephan Peppin E-11 blaster replica and a MR CE Stunt Bucket and it fits like a glove.

The armor itself will refrain you from rushing with it if you pay more attention to the fitting than any other mod. just be sure the part fits before you glue it down and try t assemble it from the abs to the chest and legs... the rest is pretty much an easy thing.

Follow NovaTie's advice and look at Dave's Garage Videos man, they're great help!