Non-matching ABS conundrum

So I bought a sheet of ABS locally to make the detail strips to assemble my RT-Mod armor the "movie accurate way", rather than doing it the "overlapping the pieces" way (If that makes any sense). Unfortunately I did not to have the wisdom or foresight to bring a piece of my armor with me to verify that the shades of white matched. So now this is what I am faced with, a big ol sheet that doesn't match my armor.

9tsMk8N.jpg

Now the way I see it I have a few options:

1) Do it anyway and hope no one notices the difference in color.

2) Do it anyway but paint the strips with the Rustoleum Pro Enamel White I have left over from reworking my MRCE first. (my favorite option)

3) Save the ABS for another project and assemble the suit the "overlapping the pieces way" and hope I am still eligible for the EIB. (probably the most practical option)

So... what do you guys think?

Would it be possible to return and exchange the plastic for something that better matches you armour?

I'll call and ask, but from what I gathered from talking to them before all they have are these precut sheets of ABS with no real variety for what color and gauge I wanted. Actually I asked for .080 but they said the closest they had was .096 <_<. So I assume that they just have more of the same.

I honestly dont think it any one other then yourself will mind........... if its really killing u u could get the abs from RT him self. if u are able to sleep at night dont worry about it.

• 2 months later...
Why dont you just ask RT for a sheet of ABS?

My thoughts exactly.

+1. That would be easiest, else I'd suggest the paint method. Everyone says no one will notice, but most people do anyway.

Again a thread I started with no closure!

I opted out of not getting a sheet from Rob because I didn't want to wait to get it. My window of opportunity to build my armor was small and Rob couldn't get some to me in time.

I ended up measuring, cutting, lightly sanding all the pieces and painting them. For now it looks good but my gut tells me after a few troops chips are going to start appearing. I can always replace them in the future though, and take the time to get a sheet from RT.