TK Commander. Mexican Garrison

sinergy

hey hey hey fellow troopers.

i recently got admited into the 501st this past 4th of july with a TK commander suit i made, i just wanted to say thanks a lot to sticky monkey and to my mexican garrison and childhood friend gucabe for the support and ideas for this project.

before i forget,id like to thank sticky for the helmet pointers and well, i used ur pics as refence ;p

here are some pics.

we did a real light coathing since we were gonna do some weathering, its looks lighter than it should because of the lighting tho..

iFeHV56.jpg

oGjOsJa.jpg

eJasscB.jpg

dUlImvW.jpg

tOeAKZs.jpg

v64MYFG.jpg

these were taken the day before we finished the suit, its still missing the belly buttons and the lines on the boots, and i think thats all

K2MwzvY.jpg

i personally liked this pic, we did a detchable thermal detonator so we could throw it....lol we might go back to a clip on tho

VUWyAJd.jpg

some night pics.

wxpr3XJ.jpg

X9j558Y.jpg

and well some working pics. of course you cant work on your suit without the proper beverage.

uDvJwG0.jpg

BZBWAeh.jpg

First off - you did an really good job on the FX build for your kit. Even w/o paint it would be nice - fits you well and it's obvious you put a lot of attention to the details. With paint - even better. :)

If you decide to go EIB there are a few teaks to do (and the helmet), but this can be done anytime in the future.

For now enjoy the costume - it's a good achievement. And...............welcome to the 501st & FISD. *

* I also updated your membership here

wow i didnt think i would get invited to try for the EIB, im really glad you guys are liking it, its still missing the weathering, and yeah i've been trying to get my hands on another helmet because this one is too big, but hey whatever works.. its taken us like 4 months to put together the suit without the painting since its all fiberglass, the painting took us roughly 4 or 5 hours, we're currently working on a voicechanger with some static burst, and well you're always tweaking things lol, thanks again daetrin and synaptyx, i'll be applying for the EIB soon :D

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on that. It looks great, there. I'm glad I could be of some help, and sorry we didn't have the proper frame of mind for the CRL, or I think you could have hit EIB on your first shot (darn unpainted in game butt plate)...aside from the helmet... ha whatever. You should be proud its a fine set of armor.