My TK build begins![*CAP]

After quite a while of trying to acquire an armor kit -- including months waiting on my fully paid for Laws armor -- I decided to ask someone I consider to be a really good guy (if sometimes a little controversial) to do me a solid. I had an order of plastic sent to him and a short time later, I got this in the mail today:

caprough.jpg

As far as I know, it is the only high gloss 2mm/1.5mm HIPS suit CAP has ever made. I think it's fair to say it's the only one in existence -- as I know there are both thinner 1.5mm ones and thicker mostly 2.5mm ones that have been made by others. But this, I think, is the perfect balance. I call it my CAP Signature TK Armor. :D

It's fantastic! The larger pieces are high gloss 2mm HIPS that is very flexible, but incredibly sturdy while still being easy to trim with hobby scissors. Chris didn't have time to rough trim the pieces, so I got them almost straight off the molds. No matter -- took less than 2 hours with my Hobbyco plastic scissors to get to this state. And no painting!!! (YAY!!)

I'll post more detailed pictures as I get it together -- including the helmet kit once he finishes pulling a good cap and back. Let's just say I'm thrilled and this now means I should be ready to apply for EIB inside of the next two months. :D

Cheers!

Chris

That's where that thing went! I drooled over that and wanted it so bad but the funds just aren't there at the moment (baby on the way). I would love to do a mannequin up with one of those HG suits to match my HG signature helmet. No way I could fit into it b/c I'm a big'un. Keep us posted with pics!

That's where that thing went! I drooled over that and wanted it so bad but the funds just aren't there at the moment (baby on the way). I would love to do a mannequin up with one of those HG suits to match my HG signature helmet. No way I could fit into it b/c I'm a big'un. Keep us posted with pics!

Actually, this isn't that suit. He built that for himself out of 1.5mm HIPS only, and then eventually put it on the Bay. That one was fully assembled, where you can see I have a ways to go. ;)

Chris offered to pull a suit for me if I ordered this plastic myself and had it sent to him. So, I did! Two sheets of 2mm and 1 sheet of 1.5mm. I've not seen any indication of where the 1.5mm suit ended up yet....

Did plenty of work over the last several days, though I didn't really document much of it. Knocked out the biceps and forearms on Day 2 -- after rough trimming everything on Day 1. Then over the weekend I got the calves together. Those are easily my least favorite part to do. Ended up ripping them apart and readjusting a couple of times -- thank goodness for E6000! And for Pete/Stukatrooper's pictorials!

Here's where we are now:

shinsandarms2.jpg

I might need a smaller helmet....

bobblehead.jpg

I love Photoshop. :D

Working on the thighs today and maybe breaking out the Rusto to continue the repaint on my TE2 bucket.

More to come!

Chris

bobblehead.jpg

Wouldn't it be great if you REALLY could get a lid that BIG, I'd love it, and I'd wear it on troops just for the crack :D

Boy, a screen accurate, walking talking life size 'Bobble Head' how cool would that be B)

Chris

Great armour mate, and your work so far is looking pretty darn fine :duim:....although you may want to think about

painting the old fig leaf white if you decide to keep it :D

Please keep the pictures coming mate :)

Wouldn't it be great if you REALLY could get a lid that BIG, I'd love it, and I'd wear it on troops just for the crack :D

Boy, a screen accurate, walking talking life sife'Bobble Head' how cool would that be B)

Heehee....new avatar and siggy. :D

LOL - this will be one nice looking suit when done :)

This is one of the few places where a man can proudly stand in black spandex and not be considered silly.

I might need a smaller helmet....

bobblehead.jpg

No yur fine, my Cod Piece is about that size. :P:lol:

Looking good!!

Someone should seriously jump on sculpting it. Maybe not THAT big, but can you imagine a group of about 4-5 TKs in otherwise normal armor with those on?? :0Lighten:

• 2 weeks later...

Making progress!

cimg2209.jpg

..and after figuring out the kidney orientation thanks to Paul:

cimg2212.jpg

Thighs aren't low -- the ab is actually a little high. They wouldn't get much higher anyway since I am blessed with Earl Campbell thighs (dating myself a little there. ;) )

I adjusted the suspenders after I saw the pictures to drop it a little lower. The final straps on the chest plate to ab will help, too.

Left to do:

- ammo belt and drop boxes once belts arrive from Mark

- strapping front of chest to ab to hold it down

- strapping backplate to kidney to secure it

- shorten elastic closure straps on right side. I'm fortunate enough to need no shims, so I should close this puppy all the way up! No gaps!

- aerators, vocoder painting, padding, fans, and Rom/FX into helmet

- finish blaster when Smitty's t-track arrives later this week

- (Optional) Snap plates inside shoulder bells and strap across chest to keep them pulled in??

But I creep closer! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Finished! Had to get dressed and use the tripod and timer to take these, so I hope to put together my new shins (the ones I have on are my "seconds") and take some better pictures during the week against a backdrop for legion and EIB submission.

finished2x.jpg

finished1cru.jpg

Just waiting on the new trim for the bucket so I can pop in my fans and ROM/FX. Then when i get my t-track from Smitty I can finish the trooping blaster and put the modified MR back on display.

Beautiful stuff CAP makes....