im new and would love some help

You can get away with the more screen accurate stuff since you are short. TE2, AP or Laws.

I think you need to watch Empire Strikes Back again :D .

Ā 

Welcome to the FISD.

Ā 

Hahaha agreed.

Ā 

Ā 

Speaking as another new guy, just take a look around the site, there is SO MUCH information here and everybody is really helpful. I have learned so much in such a short time and it has really helped me along, my TK is almost finished.

Hahaha agreed.

Ā 

Ā 

Speaking as another new guy, just take a look around the site, there is SO MUCH information here and everybody is really helpful. I have learned so much in such a short time and it has really helped me along, my TK is almost finished.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah but no one is even helping me.

If your a small dude, the fx and rt mod armour will drown you, they are made for the taller bigger trooper in mind.

Ā 

Someone of your stature will better suit the more screen accurate sized armour out there but i think you will still need to modify this so that you can tackle simple trooping tasks such as stairs and walking.

Ā 

Typically you will need to trim down the legs and maybe even arms to be able to move easily. When the other guys here say do some reading they are not being rude, most of the info can be easily found here to answer your Q?s.

Ā 

I would still advise you to take some time to have a read through the various build threads and get an idea of how things go together. And also take into consideration that not only will your body size effect what kit you should buy, accuracy, price and difficulty of assembly should also be looked into.

Ā 

As a rule i would advise getting new armour so you can easily tailor make it to fit you, buying second hand is not always the easiest path...

I'll go for an AP kit.

Ā 

Look at the wonderful job Graham did with his one:---------

Ā 

He's 5'7"

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

If your a small dude, the fx and rt mod armour will drown you, they are made for the taller bigger trooper in mind.

Ā 

Someone of your stature will better suit the more screen accurate sized armour out there but i think you will still need to modify this so that you can tackle simple trooping tasks such as stairs and walking.

Ā 

Typically you will need to trim down the legs and maybe even arms to be able to move easily. When the other guys here say do some reading they are not being rude, most of the info can be easily found here to answer your Q?s.

Ā 

I would still advise you to take some time to have a read through the various build threads and get an idea of how things go together. And also take into consideration that not only will your body size effect what kit you should buy, accuracy, price and difficulty of assembly should also be looked into.

Ā 

As a rule i would advise getting new armour so you can easily tailor make it to fit you, buying second hand is not always the easiest path...

Ā 

Ā 

thanks dude

From one young TK'er to another (I'm 19) I would defiantly put a lot of thought into weather or not your at a good point in your life to invest in some armor. When I was 16 I almost bought an FX kit but then I realized that what I would end up spending to get the kit and all the accessories I could buy a small used car (Which I ended up doing). Now, out of high school, and I have a good job and I can afford such pleasantries.

Ā 

Now I'm not saying don't pursue being a stormtrooper, don't get me wrong, I just think its a decision that requires a lot of thought and maybe even some soul searching. Because the cost of a complete TK, especially if you go with movie accurate armor, could buy a lot of other things, some of them maybe more "important" than others.

Ā 

Just my 2 cents.

I'm 5'4" and have an AP. It fits me, but I get some bruises and can't really move as good as my fellow troopers. I need to trim the legs a little bit, but that's an easy fix, especially if you do it before you assemble the armour. The most important thing is that the torso pieces fit, because you can't really trim them. The AP torso pieces fits me like a glove. I've tried an FX, and there's no way I could have gotten the buttons to show with that kit!

Ā 

I think you'll be fine with an AP kit. Trim a little at the bottom of the shins and possibly on the top of the thies if you want to move better (there are some return edges there you might want to keep though). The rest of the armour should fit you nicely. :)

Dakota, welcome to the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment. Are you a Star Wars fan then, or do you just like the armor?

We would all like to hear a bit of the history behind your love of the Star Wars saga and what brought you to your current interest in stormtrooper armor.

Glad you're here!

In other words, a brief introduction posted in the New Member Introductions section would be fantastic. ;)

Ā 

Also, register with the SoCal garrison, you can find a link to them at the main 501st Legion website. They do some of the best events available in the U.S. and with trooping season in full swing, you'll have plenty of opportunity to see the armor up close and personal and do some face-to-face chat.

Ā 

We're all here to guide you but there are some rules we have to follow in doing so, and at the end of the day this is your journey.

Yeah but no one is even helping me.

Ā 

Help us to help you! Im pretty new as well and I asked loads of questions... so many so that I thought I was being annoying to everyone but they answered ALL of my Q's and even ones i didnt even ask!

Ā 

The search engine is priceless here, there is so much info you.

Ā 

I myself dove into this full swing, I'm about 95% done with my commander TK and starting a clone after I leave afghanistan...If I can work on my rig in this hell hole im sure you will have no problem with yours!

Ā 

you've come to the right place, these people are very very helpful and nice!

TKDUEUNO said:
I'll go for an AP kit.

Ā 

Look at the wonderful job Graham did with his one-

Ā 

He's 5'7"

Ā 

That is great link :) Lots of great info here.

Ā 

Good luck with your search. Look around and dont rush into anything.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

From one young TK'er to another (I'm 19) I would defiantly put a lot of thought into weather or not your at a good point in your life to invest in some armor. When I was 16 I almost bought an FX kit but then I realized that what I would end up spending to get the kit and all the accessories I could buy a small used car (Which I ended up doing). Now, out of high school, and I have a good job and I can afford such pleasantries.

Ā 

Now I'm not saying don't pursue being a stormtrooper, don't get me wrong, I just think its a decision that requires a lot of thought and maybe even some soul searching. Because the cost of a complete TK, especially if you go with movie accurate armor, could buy a lot of other things, some of them maybe more "important" than others.

Ā 

Just my 2 cents.

Ā 

Thanks, i have thaught about it and i have decided that i might just buy a helmet and then later buy a full suit. i have a couple grand cuz iv been saving but idont no if it would be in my best interest to use it all on a suit you no?

Dakota, welcome to the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment. Are you a Star Wars fan then, or do you just like the armor?

We would all like to hear a bit of the history behind your love of the Star Wars saga and what brought you to your current interest in stormtrooper armor.

Glad you're here!

Ā 

Ā 

well ok to start off i am 17 and since i was about 4 i had just grew up watching all the old star wars movies and then when the new movies came out i got really interested again since i was a little bit older and it sprung off from there

I bought my first set of Armor when I was 16 years old. It was FX armor and was a kit. I had a blast building it! Then I noticed that the armor and helmet were way too big for me. I'm 5'11 115 lbs. Tall and skinny.

Ā 

I later sold the FX armor and purchased a more screen accurate armor and helmet.

I'm now 19 years old. The more movie accurate armor fits me the best with out a ton of modifications.

Ā 

If you have the money, buy a set of armor and helmet! It's fun!

I bought my first set of Armor when I was 16 years old. It was FX armor and was a kit. I had a blast building it! Then I noticed that the armor and helmet were way too big for me. I'm 5'11 115 lbs. Tall and skinny.

Ā 

I later sold the FX armor and purchased a more screen accurate armor and helmet.

I'm now 19 years old. The more movie accurate armor fits me the best with out a ton of modifications.

Ā 

If you have the money, buy a set of armor and helmet! It's fun!

Ā 

what kit do you have now? im just not shure how much any of them cost and i havent found a place to buy them from