Different Helmets?

Hello all, after careful deliberation I have finally decided to make some armor of my own and join the 50st(so yes, I'm a noob :lol: ) Anyway, I figured that I ould start with my helmet. I've been looking at the MR CE bucket. I know theres some modding involved to get it accurate, which I don't mind, I was just wondering if there were any more accurate helmets I could get for around the same price range as the MRCE (cuz I don't have a lot of money right now) What are you guys' opinions on the MRCE anyway?

Hi Thom, Welcome to the FISD. This is the best place for anything relating to white armor. There are many different options when choosing a helmet. It depends on how much you are willing to sink into it and how accurate you want it to look. The MRCE is a good helmet for the price. The more accurate helmets are a little more than the MRCE. You can see a lot of different helmets from fan made to LFL helmets at this site:-----------The MRCE is a good helmet to get if your on a budget, but I personally like the more accurate helmets, so thats my two credits. How much can you send on a helmet? That would help narrow down your choices.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Why PM, please share with the rest of us.

I was just passing along the different types of helmets and their prices I'd received in a PM from a helpful member. Probably not the best to post the prices publicly right?

I was just passing along the different types of helmets and their prices I'd received in a PM from a helpful member. Probably not the best to post the prices publicly right?

It seems silly to me not to put in public what you can get readily in PM. If the vendor doesn't want their *list* price published it's also silly as everyone will find out anyway. If they want to give someone a special, then we should respect that decision as individuals.

It seems silly to me not to put in public what you can get readily in PM. If the vendor doesn't want their *list* price published it's also silly as everyone will find out anyway. If they want to give someone a special, then we should respect that decision as individuals.

I totally agree with you, but it seems that this is the protocol that has already been established. I personally would love a publicly published list of vendors, their prices and their contact info, but I think there is a big fear of them getting shut down by Lucasfilm. Of course someone from Lucasfilm could easily create an account here on the forums and get all the info they needed just by asking via PM's.

Anyways, I don't want to hijack this thread - I personally will be getting a Master Replica's helmet when the time comes. I'm not a big fan of the smaller mouth and how the ears stick out a big farther from the head, but in person, they look really nice and impressive. I think it's a good deal for the price. Plus, you don't have to assemble it!

Lucasfilm really arent interested in fan-made vendors - so long as they play "reasonably".

They could have quite easily closed down my site which features just about every replica prop maker out there, but they haven't as they've a very positive attitude towards the hobby

Cheers

Jez

And you could imagine the lawsuit the fans would put up against Lucasfilm if they did shut your site down...lol.

Very kind of you my friend :blush:

Cheers

Jez

He's only quoting truth. I think yours is perhaps the place where every noobie trooper starts, and even veterans end up. It's a cornerstone, a tradition if you will.

:salute: to Jez

He's only quoting truth. I think yours is perhaps the place where every noobie trooper starts, and even veterans end up. It's a cornerstone, a tradition if you will.

:salute: to Jez

I could not be more agree ;) I started to gather information from Jez website for my first helmet long time ago and still I take a peek for updates from time to time. Best place for the starwars helmet comunity :duim:

cheers

A