Hey Look! Another Noobie!

Ok. I know. We're probably a dime a dozen. I've loved Star Wars since I was a kid. Lately, I've been really interested in the 501st, and not only the costumes and armor they wear but what they do. I feel it's very noble doing charity work and fun too! I've been doing research for a couple of days now on different forums and just on google. I feel I have a good estimate on different armor makes and how much it will cost me. I'm a sophomore college student in Iowa and about 5'8" so I was thinking I would get a set of AP stormtrooper armor (I think that's what it's called) because they seem to be a bit nicer quality and more accurate. My main problem is I can't find any way to buy this stuff. I've found plenty of sites explaining different sets of armor and the like, but none that sell it. I've read that no one is allowed to give me any links or anything like that, but I haven't been able to find anything regarding actually buying them. Any help I can get on anything or just hints in general would be amazing. Thank you!

Jonathan

It can be a bit confusing and frustrating at first. The best thing to do is if you see something that has been posted that you like, send that person a PM and ask them how they got it.

If you get stuck and don't know where else to turn to, you can always bug one of the admins.

I actually got a hold of someone. I didn't realize that the website I was on was the correct one.. What a moron I am.. Anyways, I'm sort of surprised at the price differences between the FX kit and the AP kit!! I guess I wasn't expecting the AP kit to be almost twice as expensive..

That's just the kit. But when you look at all the other stuff you have to buy in terms of other parts, etc. the delta between what you top out at either way. Yes, FX will always be least expensive, but it's it's not like you'll spend 2x as much in toto.

Welcome to the hobby. Open wallet, drain... repeat.

Thing is, its the most rewarding hobby I have ever been a part of. This is the place to get all the information you seek.

Welcome again. Pull up a chair, read, read, read.

Welcome. And yes the open wallet part is sooooooooo true! I would like to suggest you start with a well made FX kit. It's pretty much the mose EZ kit for a "new-guy" to build, it's not tooooo hard on the wallet, and you get to see if this "trooper" thing is something you will stay with (for more the a few week's that is!) The re-sale of FX/or parts is not too bad too. I'm re-starting a clone rig now myself, the bucket's working out but I'll have to send off for a new body armor parts at the end of this month! (open wallet) :P