Have I made a mistake

Hi everyone, I am in need of a serious load of opinions here. I am modding an mr ce, part of that mod was buying some new ears from john. They need some serious trimming, but I have a nasty feeling I have gone too far. what does everyone think? I am going for elite first time hopefully, and am having the lid resprayed so I need to get these ears right before painting.

Pic 1 is total head shot with new ear, pic 2 is close up of new ear, pic 3 is cut down mrce ear. I think I have cut the stem down too thin on the new ears. what does everyone think.

thanks

Garreth

post-6093-1236206042_thumb.jpg

post-6093-1236206056_thumb.jpg

post-6093-1236206072_thumb.jpg

Hi Mate,

IMHO ,the ears look fine.The problem with the original MR ce ears were they stuck out too much.You actually have me thinking now ,i hav'nt trimmed enough off my ears.The helmet on the left of the pic is an SDS battle spec and the one on the right is an AP built and owned by me .As you can see the ears on the helmets are totally different,your ears look similar in size to the SDS.I am sure someone with more knowlege will chip in soon

fn77Mry.jpg

Thanks everyone, I think the stems are thinner than from what I can see on starwarshelmets, but then I am sure there are also no two the same. Thanks to the fellow fifer for the pics, that helped. But thanks to all for the comments. Now to try and make the other one match.

Garreth

Thanks to the fellow fifer for the pics, that helped. Garreth

Hi Garreth,

You are a fifer aswell ?,where abouts in fife are you originally from

Hi Garreth,

You are a fifer aswell ?,where abouts in fife are you originally from

Dunfermline, lived in cherry bank for about 7 years till my dad got a job down south. my gran lived in rosyth nr the halt so I came up regularly till she died. went to tchouk school, (i realise thats not spelt right.) drove the engine in the glen, and remember the trikes too. Oh and the baths, (they still open or been sold off?) was gutted taziolies in rosyth village closed, I used to love their tablet and ice cream.