FISD Staff Officer changes / recruitment notice

Daetrin

FISD has seen significant growth since its inception and I feel the need to re-define the structure of the command team. Below are the staff positions I’ll be looking to fill for this coming year. If anyone is interested in being part of the FISD team I’d love to hear from you. As one might imagine I’d like to fill these sooner than later, so don’t delay – apply today!

---------------

Open Positions

Merchandise Officer

Is responsible for the planning, strategy and execution of all merchandise runs for the detachment. This includes owning the strategic plan for the year on what items will be introduced when to ensure there are no peaks and valleys and that each item isn’t overly competing with another. They will own the process of taking an item from concept, development, MBO approval, through sourcing, and execution. They will ensure that all merch runs comply with 501st and detachment guidelines, and enhance the FISD brand.

Morale Officer

This role has been alternatively called Caption of the Guard or Sergeant at Arms. I’m re-defining this role to include not only policing the boards to ensure that all threads comply with our code of conduct (which all Staff members should do), but also have primary responsibility for ensuring this forum stays a lively and fun place to hang out. This includes creating and owning any recognition programs, off the wall threads, or any other activity that will enhance stormtrooper esprit de corp both at the detachment and Legion level.

Communications Officer

The largest project I’m rolling out this year is a content site similar to <a href="http://www.jrsdetachment501st.org/academy.html" target="_blank">http://www.jrsdetachment501st.org/academy.html</a> but with more detail. For each area we’ll have links to the best of the best in tutorials and how-to’s, as well as WTB information for common items like ab plate buttons. This person will need be able to own the success of this project. They will need to contribute also in at least two of three areas: graphics, content writing/organization, site design, and getting the pages coded. They will be free to enlist supplemental staff for some of the other areas as this is really too big of a job for one person to do.

Part of this job will include reaching out to the Legion by posting links to FISD threads on the Legion boards when questions are asked and the answer is already posted here, instead of simply answering them (this is actually something all staff should do, but will be owned by the Comm Officer).

I’ll also be asking this person to own at least on a conceptual level any PR and outreach efforts the detachment could do. Obviously having a content site is a major outreach project in itself, but there may be more ideas we can leverage such as fliers, trading cards, etc.

Armor Chief

The detachment armor chief’s primary responsibility is for creating and editing technical content for the academy site as well as tutorials on the boards. Rather than responding to the same PM question repeatedly, I’ll create a section on the board for the Armor Chief to post top flight tutorials. This will ensure that prime content doesn’t get lost in the sub-forums as some tips/tricks often do.

I would totally be interested in one of these positions, but since I am the new incoming CO for my garrison I think I might have my plate too full to take on one of these positions.

I'd like to message that being on a staff position for a detachment this size is a marathon and not a sprint. The reality is that this is a volunteer club and we all have real lives, so it's not like being COG or LCO for the Legion. :) Remember our goal is to have fun after all :pint1:

But the reality is that there is work to do and it does require a commitment for a forum of this size, esp. us being as big as some garrisons.

I'm not trying to scare anyone away - I like to think we have a good time - but I do want people to understand what they are getting in to and not take it lightly.

TK-8280 reporting for Morale Officer Duty! :salute::trooper:

With your guidance Paul and continuing friendship, I am sure i can do this job to the detachment’s expectations, i am all for great moral on this forum :D

I am pleased announce that VaderDave is the new Merchandise Officer. Welcome Dave!! I'm sure you all know who he is, as he's done quite a lot of merch for us in the past.

Wyatt Stephens (TK4205) will stay on as Armor Chief. There is now a more clearly defined role for this position and I'm confident he's up to the job. :)

It gives me great pleasure to announce that Aaron (Synaptyx) is the new Morale Officer for FISD. He brings a solid background in forum moderation and being from the UK will ensure better coverage of the boards in addition to a European perspective, something we've not had before on the FISD staff. He's been a dedicated member of this forum since joining, and I know will serve with unquestioned loyalty, as good stormtroopers do.

Welcome Aaron!

:salute:

It gives me great pleasure to announce that Aaron (Synaptyx) is the new Morale Officer for FISD. He brings a solid background in forum moderation and being from the UK will ensure better coverage of the boards in addition to a European perspective, something we've not had before on the FISD staff. He's been a dedicated member of this forum since joining, and I know will serve with unquestioned loyalty, as good stormtroopers do.

Welcome Aaron!

:salute:

Thank you, Sir! :salute:

Aaron

You will look back on 2009 and think "Bloody Hell!!!" :o

Congratulations mate, you've come along way from just looking at that armour

with gritted teeth and determination and eclipsed the goals of many a mere mortal.

Well done mate :salute:

My head is spinning already this year mate. :o

Thank you Billy, that really means a lot to me, sir. :salute:

Stoppit! I'm getting all choked up here! :lol:

After a brief struggle I managed to coax Aaron in to the Communications Officer role. I think he'll be perfect - thanks Aaron for taking this on!

The Morale Officer is now open, and I'm in search of my next victim...er I mean Staff Officer. :)

Congrats Aaron!

:pint1:

Thanks boss! :)

You can let go of my arm now, it's as twisted up as it's going to get. ;)

Thanks for putting up with my dithering and kicking me into line. :salute: