Question about Random Trooping

nyoron

So my University is having a "Snow Day", in which they are bringing like 9 tons of snow or something, to campus.

My friends and I are thinking that this is the perfect opportunity for a Hoth photo shoot.

I just dont want to run into any legal troubles per say. So would this be awesome and LEGAL? I am just a tad out of loop...

if you need to know, I attend SJSU.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

-William

PS- If this is in the wrong section, Im sorry.

The Campus prolly wont have any issues with the costumes but you should check with the University and additionally in light of events in recent years, blasters are most likely uninvited on campus.

I agree with Smitty-- Campus police are probably gonna' get 9 kinds of twitchy if you bring a replica sub-machine gun with you.

I can't imagine why you couldn't show up in your gear, though. Lord knows my University allowed every fruitloop with a soul-patch, a clip-board and B.O. do their thing.

Maybe check with the Campus events folks first, just to make sure it's kosher.

And I think bringing a spotter is definitely not a bad idea.

I'd think if you let the school know you're doing it, you'd be fine. If they tell you no guns, then no guns. Maybe have them orange tipped for the day or at least while you're not taking pictures and police aren't around.

Or... you could come to New Brunswick, Canada, where I am and have all the "snow day" you want. We already have about 9 tons of snow per square foot, and it's snowing again right now. It really does look like Hoth here... except that you can see cars and houses and stuff... just barely. LOL

Around here a "snow day" means that schools and universities are closed because of all the snow. We get them rather regularly in our winter months. By the way - there is a joke in these parts about us having two seasons; Winter and Poor Sledding.

Around here a "snow day" means that schools and universities are closed because of all the snow. We get them rather regularly in our winter months. By the way - there is a joke in these parts about us having two seasons; Winter and Poor Sledding.

And in the upper mid-west we used to say "winter and road construction".

Spotter is a very good idea when there will only be a couple of you trooping. If you connect with campus police, they can give you support, such as possibly offer a radio or channel in case of emergencies. Also, if the University has a science department, you might find the crowd to be more in informed about Star Wars and Storm troopers. However, I have met some kids who have never seen SW and are fascinated by the armor. I know I have had to have "Star Wars" nights at my house to educate some of my teenage daughters friends on the Empire... :D