SDS Battlespec Terrible Teeth

I set out to modify my SDS Battlespec's teeth over the weekend and this is how it went...

SY82kZ8.jpg

Oh the horror! Here I'm in the middle of peeling off the wonky grey stickers covering the teeth (surely that can't be an economic option.)

l4X6Etl.jpg

Ah, that's better. Nice shiny white teef, thanks to Colin's needle file set.! A little sanding at the back to pull the flaky bits off still to do.

Still need to get the Humbrol out (thanks again Colin!) Not sure about masking in the frown. Anybody got good tips for that? :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

synaptyx said:

I set out to modify my SDS Battlespec's teeth over the weekend and this is how it went...

Oh the horror! Here I'm in the middle of peeling off the wonky grey stickers covering the teeth (surely that can't be an economic option.)

The full scale of the dental-disaster, oh the troop-manity!

Ah, that's better. Nice shiny white teef, thanks to Colin's needle file set.! A little sanding at the back to pull the flaky bits off still to do.

Still need to get the Humbrol out (thanks again Colin!) Not sure about masking in the frown. Anybody got good tips for that? :)

HeY Bro,

Excellent job with the teeth,good enough to be my apprentice LoL.I didnt mask my teeth when i painted them,just used the very fine brush i gave u , a lot of patience and a steady hand.You may also want to have a wet cloth handy incase you make a mistake to wipe the paint off .If you are really struggling with it i am more than happy to paint it up for u. :D .

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

When I have painted frowns, I don't mask them. I just get a small brush and take my time.

That's what I do as well. Seems to work the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I wussed out totally and my hero, Colin Anderson came to the rescue and painted the frown teeth for me. :D:peace::lol:

Check this out:

6bLRORi.jpg

Spot on! :D

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Looks good bro.I Have heard that guy colin has really high standards and is a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to painting the helmets.Might have to get him to do my next one LoL.

PS what did the wife think of the film last night

Looks good bro.I Have heard that guy colin has really high standards and is a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to painting the helmets.Might have to get him to do my next one LoL.

Aaron

Just don't let him anywhere near your belt..... :D:D:D ..(sorry little joke folks)

Colin great job mate,

Aaron Niiiiiice Lid :)

:lol:;):peace:
She thought Cloverfield was pretty good, I thought it was one of the worst pieces of crap I've ever seen. I fast forwarded it through the whining and idiocy to get to the monster parts. :lol:
Aaron

Just don't let him anywhere near your belt..... :D:D:D ..(sorry little joke folks)

Colin great job mate,

Aaron Niiiiiice Lid :)

Nice lid Aaron.
Thanks Billy and ThayNerd. We had a go at my belt on Saturday, sawing the back off it to make way for one of FBJs lovely canvas numbers. :D

synaptyx said:
:lol:;) :peace:She thought Cloverfield was pretty good, I thought it was one of the worst pieces of crap I've ever seen. I fast forwarded it through the whining and idiocy to get to the monster parts. :lol:Thanks Billy and ThayNerd. We had a go at my belt on Saturday, sawing the back off it to make way for one of FBJs lovely canvas numbers. :D

FBJ all the way, mate B)

Scott TK-1496 posted how he modified his SDS belt over on another thred, might be worth a

little look mate to get some ideas. :)

Here's the link;-

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Thanks mate! :D I'm going about it slightly differently I've taken the thick strip of abs off the back completely to make it more flexible. It was brown trousers time cutting that off! Pics when finished. (not of the brown trousers!) ;)