Hi from the UK Garrison

Hello troopers

First time ANH Stunt Stormtrooper builder here.

I found my way here from the 501st UK Garrison forum (thanks for the invite themaninthesuitcase)

Bit about me: I'm old enough that I saw Episode IV in the cinema when it was just called STAR WARS. I've decided to treat my 8 year-old inner self and build my very first stormtrooper costume 🙂 I'm currently awaiting (impatiently!) for my vacu-form kit of ABS parts to arrive.

In the meantime, I've been keeping my 3d printer busy printing parts for an E11 blaster that I'm making. Don't think I've been this excited about a build project since... ever!

Onwards and upwards...

sPXL_20240515_131025270.thumb.jpg.0eaf93202769defa231c99d11cdfd95e.jpg

Edited by threesheds
didn't attach pic properly
  • Like 3

Hello John! Welcome to the FISD! :peace: Glad to have you!

I'm really jealous of you being able to see STAR WARS in the cinema! Great to hear that you're building your armor! The first thing we'd recommend you to do is to start your own build thread! This is where you post images of your progress and ask questions that you may have, and our team of experts will guide you towards the best looking armor possible!

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/

Here is a long list of useful information that mister @MaskedVengeance has compiled!

thank you for the build thread links - very helpful!

I've got a build thread started already on the UK Garrison forum, but I'll start one here too and keep them both updated., I think I'll be needing as much help as I can get! 😄 

• Like 1

Welcome John! It seems your 8-year-old self has found our club of other 8-year-olds! :laugh1:

Awesome to hear you have a Stunt build in the works! Did you go with RS, RWA, or some other armor maker? As Jonatan mentioned, you should definitely also keep a WIP thread here as our entire focus is stormtroopers, and you'll receive great feedback from our ranks. Between that, and your help from Chris and the rest of the UKG, I'm sure you'll build a suit fit for Imperial duty! Looking forward to following along with you!

11 minutes ago, threesheds said:

thank you for the build thread links - very helpful!

I've got a build thread started already on the UK Garrison forum, but I'll start one here too and keep them both updated., I think I'll be needing as much help as I can get! 😄 

It's really helpful to have one over here, since we are the home of all things Stormtroopers (most often called TKs here)!

We have programs called "Expert Infantry" and "Centurion", which are aimed to make your armor look outstanding! The extra levels are not needed by any means, however when building the armor yourself, it is very easy to have the aim set for those levels right from the beginning, since what makes them hard to accomplish is often times having to remove things that are already glued on, only to apply them in the "correct" way (according to the extra levels)! Doing it from the beginning usually only costs a few more minutes of thinking, and will in the end make your armor look even more like the ones we see on screen!

5 minutes ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Welcome John! It seems your 8-year-old self has found our club of other 8-year-olds! :laugh1:

Awesome to hear you have a Stunt build in the works! Did you go with RS, RWA, or some other armor maker? As Jonatan mentioned, you should definitely also keep a WIP thread here as our entire focus is stormtroopers, and you'll receive great feedback from our ranks. Between that, and your help from Chris and the rest of the UKG, I'm sure you'll build a suit fit for Imperial duty! Looking forward to following along with you!

Thank you!

I've commissioned Ross at RWA to vacu-form me a set of 2mm TK armour (ANH stunt) including helmet, canvas belt, neck seal, aluminium thermal detonator clips, popper strapping kit and leather holster.  I've also ordered a pair of white boots from Ryan at Imperial Warfighters. 

Should I make my WIP thread in the https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/ forum?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, threesheds said:

Thank you!

I've commissioned Ross at RWA to vacu-form me a set of 2mm TK armour (ANH stunt) including helmet, canvas belt, neck seal, aluminium thermal detonator clips, popper strapping kit and leather holster.  I've also ordered a pair of white boots from Ryan at Imperial Warfighters. 

Should I make my WIP thread in the https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/ forum?

Yes you are correct! :D See you over there! :salute:

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to the forum

• Like 1

Welcome to FISD, John! Looking forward to seeing your build. 

Please ask lots of questions, if you are ever unsure on how to assemble a particular part, we are here to help you on your white armour journey. :)

• Like 2

Hi John. Welcome to the FISD. Your story sounds a lot like my own about 2 years ago.  Looking forward to seeing your build 

• Like 1