Boots as of April 2024

Hello there, I’m looking for TK boots in the UK, I have an event weekend after next and wanted to know who supplies these now and where I can get them from. 

As the stockists and stock levels of suppliers seems to be perpetually changing I thought it would be worthy of a topic.  

If I’m not able to get white ones I can paint some up but I need to know what ones and where I can get these from. I’m a UK size 8 42 EU. 

Any help is greatly appreciated 

Thanks in advance. 
Chris. 

Edited by Generalsneers
Sounded too self serving

Hi chris

most boots come from keep trooping or crop props. They are generally custom made to order, so getting a pair by the weekend will be tough. You may be able to find a similar pair to paint in a regular shoe store. 

2 hours ago, Doggydoc said:

Hi chris

most boots come from keep trooping or crop props. They are generally custom made to order, so getting a pair by the weekend will be tough. You may be able to find a similar pair to paint in a regular shoe store. 

Thanks for that I’ll try and dig out some information about how to get them painted and what type of paint is best to use, time is not on my side however, any signposting would be really helpful :) 

Keep Trooping does monthly runs. You likely could not get one in a couple weeks. If it was about 6 weeks away, it would be no problem. You're looking for model 421 on the keeptrooping website.

They're just white chelsea boots though. If you can find a set locally, you can paint with any leather paint.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for that! :) The website is in “catalogue mode” for me and can’t seem to place anything in the basket…I’m not too sure if it’s anything I’ve done wrong…or am not doing correctly. 😕 

Edited by Generalsneers

5 hours ago, Generalsneers said:

Hello there, I’m looking for TK boots in the UK, I have an event weekend after next and wanted to know who supplies these now and where I can get them from. 

As the stockists and stock levels of suppliers seems to be perpetually changing I thought it would be worthy of a topic.  

If I’m not able to get white ones I can paint some up but I need to know what ones and where I can get these from. I’m a UK size 8 42 EU. 

Any help is greatly appreciated 

Thanks in advance. 
Chris. 

On that time scale you're going to struggle, local vendors aren't with us anymore to my knowledge.  Best bet will be to get hunting for some appropriate black Chelsea boots and crack out the white leather paint.  That said I'll have a word with the local armoury team, see if I can find a lead.

20 minutes ago, Generalsneers said:

Thanks for that! :) The website is in “catalogue mode” for me and can’t seem to place anything in the basket…I’m not too sure if it’s anything I’ve done wrong…or am not doing correctly. 😕 

The way they work is they do "runs".  They next open on May 17th until 24th, and then close orders again.  They then spend the next few weeks manufacturing everything on that run.  This means they can benefit from economies of scale, on made to order products or having to hold a lot of expensive stock they might never sell.

I would also suggest looking through our gallery sections if you are thinking of any other supplier, there are a lot of boots which look close at first glance but can have other issues, front stitching, low elastic on sides, large heel and so on.

Boots

sml_gallery_12157_20_118220.jpg

On 4/23/2024 at 3:03 PM, Generalsneers said:

I Believe while they are making their latest run the web site won't let you order anything until the next run opens. I could be wrong but I think that's how it worked with me.

• Like 1