Initial Application/ Build[*FX]

I've started my application process through 501st and the Georgia Garrison...

I figured I would go ahead and start the application process, even though I have the following to take care of:

Purchase Blaster

Sew Holster

Mount Drop Boxes

Mount Vader Dave's button set

Finish O2 Canister

Trim Shoulder bells

Thin forearms & biceps

Here's some pictures, any other suggestions?

20081205_6623.jpg

Just Kidding!!

20081205_6637.jpg

20081205_6639.jpg

20081205_6638-1.jpg

20081205_6640.jpg

20081205_6633.jpg

20081205_6641-1.jpg

20081205_6642-1.jpg

Haha. You made me a bit worried at first.

Looking good, trooper. Can't wait to see the armour when it's complete.

If I can make a few suggestions, I'd consider trimming the shoulder bells. They look a bit oversized.

You seem to have nailed the thighs. They look great.

yea i think it looks good. just your shoulder straps are to far back make sure you move them up. i agree your thighs do look really good. another little thing is maybe find a way to get a tighter connection between your chest and back plate. i think it looks great though. awesome job man. ^_^ keep us updated and let us know when you get in.

Looking good! Don't forget to put your buttons on. If you want some more screen accurate buttons, you can go to your local yarn store and get some 13mm buttons and paint them with Humbrol glossy #5 grey and #15 midnight blue. ;)

All the things i noticed have all been mentioned, i think.

You really need to trim the shoulder bells and i would lower the bicep down towords your elbow an inch or 2. The shoulder straps do need to come forward, try to get an equal overlap front and back.

Apart from that it all looks good, cheers.

I really can't add anymore than what has been posted. That is one of the best thigh trim jobs I've seen in a long time. Along with the tweaks to the shoulder bells a shoulder straps, take a look at the FX chestplate mod. It's something to think about but in no way is required.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=3938

Nothing that hasn't been said before - I'll reinforce though what Terrell said: outstanding trim job on the thighs (you'll look much better than most), and look in to the thread he posted for some good mods to the chest (which can also be done to the shoulder bells).

First - thanks for the warm compliments and such :)

Yes, the shoulder bells need some work... trimming and moving them forward, I totally agree. Its much different when actually looking at pictures vs a mirror.

Chest & Back plate - do you think loosening & moving forward the top straps and tightening my side velcro straps would work better to get a tighter connection between my chest and back plate?

Biceps - should they basically rest on the inside arm (opposite of my elbow) ?

Buttons - Vader Dave's set... coming via mail as we speak :D

Chest plate mod - yes I would like to do this, I just need to get a modeling iron.