Hello from North Carolina

Been looking around for a few days to get an idea of what all is here. I just placed my order for a fully trimmed kit from Authentic Props and Mark said he will probably have it shipped in about a week, awesome!!  I'm also currently 3D printing an E11 blaster so it gives me something to do and get ready for the whole kit.  Thank you for the add to this group and I look forward to posting my build as soon as I get it.

thanks, Jim

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing some Big Brown Box photos soon :duim:

Make sure you get rid of all the 3D print lines ;) 

For higher levels of approval EIB and Centurion:

For costumes with only blasters.

• 3D printed blasters cannot contain visible print lines and must be sanded smooth for a more realistic appearance.

For costumes with both blasters and accessories.

• 3D printed blasters and any approvable accessories cannot contain visible print lines and must be sanded smooth for a more realistic appearance.
  •  
  • E-11 Blaster
    • OPTIONAL L2
    • 3-D printed blasters can not contain visible print lines, and must be sanded smooth for a more realistic appearance.
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Firemantrooper said:

Been looking around for a few days to get an idea of what all is here. I just placed my order for a fully trimmed kit from Authentic Props and Mark said he will probably have it shipped in about a week, awesome!!  I'm also currently 3D printing an E11 blaster so it gives me something to do and get ready for the whole kit.  Thank you for the add to this group and I look forward to posting my build as soon as I get it.

thanks, Jim

Welcome to the ranks! We look forward to seeing your build thread!

There a lot of helpful folks here in on the forum, be sure to ask lots of questions. There is no such thing as a bad question. We all were at your point once and we all know how somethings just need some extra explaining!

Best of luck, can't wait to see your approval post!

• Like 1

Hi Jim. Welcome to the FISD. I also have an AP kit. mark is great and the kit holds up really well.  As others have said, we are here to help and never be afraid to ask any questions no matter how small.  It is better to do it right, than to make a mistake and need to order a new part. 
‘Looking forward to following your build. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Hello and welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing some Big Brown Box photos soon :duim:

Make sure you get rid of all the 3D print lines ;) 

For higher levels of approval EIB and Centurion:

For costumes with only blasters.

• 3D printed blasters cannot contain visible print lines and must be sanded smooth for a more realistic appearance.

For costumes with both blasters and accessories.

• 3D printed blasters and any approvable accessories cannot contain visible print lines and must be sanded smooth for a more realistic appearance.
  •  
  • E-11 Blaster
    • OPTIONAL L2
    • 3-D printed blasters can not contain visible print lines, and must be sanded smooth for a more realistic appearance.

Yea copy that.  I was reading through some of the threads regarding 3D printing and saw that.  I printed a trooper helmet and did exactly that and it turned out pretty nice.  I'll post pictures of the blaster when I get it all done.  Thank you for the info!!!

• Like 1