Hello from Ohio!

misterhahn

Hello! My name is Nick and I am from Columbus, Ohio and the Ohio Garrison! 

I have been in the Legion for three years now and have three costumes: TFA Kylo Ren, an Imperial Officer and Emperor Palpatine. I've loved every minute but something has always bugged me. My friends who are more faceless characters get to PLAY! While I love my time being Kylo or the Emperor, I can't exactly break character. My local squad has some incredible Stormtroopers who have fun and meaningful connections with so many who come in contact with them and I want in on the action! 

I have no idea about a build right now. I am 5'10" and around 210 lbs. so I know I likely need a "large" kit but would love some guidance on my options. 

Thank you all!  

• Like 2

Hello and welcome to the forum, a great thread which should help you one your way.

Good luck with the research 

• Like 1

Hi Nick. Welcome to the FISD. 
Glad to hear you are considering a stormtrooper costume. I am 5’10” as well and about 215 pounds and went with the AP kit as it is bigger in the abdomen and accommodated my build well. 

• Like 1

Hello and welcome! AM from Dave's Darkside Depot may be the best choice for you here in the US, pending how your weight is carried, but many maker's kits can be modified to fit your frame. Good luck with your research and ask plenty of questions!

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 1

Welcome to FISD Nick.

I think the 2 choices offered above are currently the right solutions based on your stature.

AP redid their moulds a few years back to make the armour more accurate, but to also suit a wider range of body types.  It's well-made and certainly suitable.

AM has always been on the slight lager size. I have built a few of both these kits for members, and you won't be disappointed which ever path you take.

Enjoy your new journey into hard armour, we are here to help.

• Like 1