Starting Captain Enoch

Veist

So i made some research, since its very unclear to me, how the backside of the kama looks like.

I found no clear picture of the back of the sideshow figure, only a side-back picture. 

In the show (penultimate pic) it looks like its an extra piece of cloth, which floates and is only attached at the upper side.

And the funkopop (yes very bad source xD) shows like the left side overlaps with the right side.

What would you suggest?

69Y1Zvs.png

EB2tPqX.png

9450DCI.jpeg

FdLTw4j.jpeg

bdF4GRq.jpeg

Going by just these pictures, it looks like the kama is only two pieces, left and right.

The left sits over the right, and is pleated/folded once from the waistline to the hip joint.

• Like 1

More Pictures, a little bit brighter

lVhKhOA.png

k6yHC2y.png

SbIbsHE.png

KkeOh9M.png

susWHgb.png

dxPlZPP.png

Gq6gQTT.jpeg

jubM3qa.jpeg

sKzUij2.png

Dz0NPzR.png

UVdWHkH.png

CyDBWeC.png

I think i found the clue.

It seems like the right side is wrapped under the left side, and is tightly attached to it (blue arrow line in the last pictures).

The left side is wrapped over the right side (green arrow line) and is visible due the extra lining at the edge.

Edited by Veist

So i think it looks like this 

FIBl9dU.png

the red one is the reight side. Its wrapped under the yellow one (left side) and is attached to it (blue arrow line). The green arrow line is the edge thats free and flopping around

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Veist said:

So i think it looks like this 

FIBl9dU.png

the red one is the reight side. Its wrapped under the yellow one (left side) and is attached to it (blue arrow line). The green arrow line is the edge thats free and flopping around

In some images is looks like it could be a separate center strip but looking at other images just looks like a bend/fold line overlapping, I would agree with your image above.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Veist said:

Armor is shipped and will hopefully arrive soon

Exciting times

Am 9.1.2024 um 22:05 schrieb gmrhodes13:

Why not reach out and ask if it's possible, I think a few other people would be interested in that too, email is support@galacticarmory.net 

I did not recieved any response yet, i will ask again. If its not possible i think i need to buy the full set of files. Or does somebody have them and can share it?

23 minutes ago, Veist said:

I did not recieved any response yet, i will ask again. If its not possible i think i need to buy the full set of files. Or does somebody have them and can share it?

I'm really excited about seeing how this comes out. That wrap on the glove looks like something you could create with a 2nd set of the gloves and just cut the patter out and sew it on. I think I read you have someone making you the kama, so they might be able to do that as well.

Unfortunately anyone that has access to these files would be breaking their agreement with GA if they shared them, so not sure you will get a response in public forum about sharing paid for files.

My guess is that Aaron only sells them as a set. The whole set is on sale for $30 currently.

https://galacticarmory.net/collections/armor-3d-files/products/captain-enoch-armor-3d-print-files

If you alright bought the helmet, you might ask him if you can upgrade to the full set and pay the difference.

I've seen some vendors allow that.

Posted (edited)

kpMl8jc.png

So i found only this file of Enochs Blaster. I think i will print these and correct the handle (fill it and make the cuts by myself)

Edited by Veist
  • Like 1

Update: All armor parts are trimmed. Next is sanding all edges for a smooth glueing experience. One forearm and abs plate is already glued.
Arms and legs fit really good, dont have to extra trim or add shims

• Like 1

An issue we are seeing is when scaling the files up, specially for detailed parts like the Ab plate, it scales all those details along with it, as they are not separate pieces. The Ab button plates are the reference points we are concerned with.

Perhaps we need to discuss with the file makers to have these button plates as separate files so when scaling up the main Ab plate, they are not affected and hence, don't look out of proportion when compared to reference images.

Something to be mindful of.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Sly11:

An issue we are seeing is when scaling the files up, specially for detailed parts like the Ab plate, it scales all those details along with it, as they are not separate pieces. The Ab button plates are the reference points we are concerned with.

Perhaps we need to discuss with the file makers to have these button plates as separate files so when scaling up the main Ab plate, they are not affected and hence, don't look out of proportion when compared to reference images.

Something to be mindful of.

since i will only print the chest/backplate, this should not happen to me, right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Veist said:

since i will only print the chest/backplate, this should not happen to me, right?

Really depends on the files and how accurate they are, I've heard the files print very small.

I would suggest before you start printing comparing your files to this image, as you can see the chest is lower and wider around the neck, different angle of the coversrips, not as long as a regular TK and also is very wide on the sides, like wings

chest.jpg

• Like 1

vor 23 Stunden schrieb gmrhodes13:

Really depends on the files and how accurate they are, I've heard the files print very small.

I would suggest before you start printing comparing your files to this image, as you can see the chest is lower and wider around the neck, different angle of the coversrips, not as long as a regular TK and also is very wide on the sides, like wings

chest.jpg

Im aware of this. I will use the files from Galactic Armory, they seem pretty accurate. Will make a test print of the lower 2cm of the chest/backplate to see if they fit around my abs plate

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Veist said:

Im aware of this. I will use the files from Galactic Armory, they seem pretty accurate. Will make a test print of the lower 2cm of the chest/backplate to see if they fit around my abs plate

Make sure you check the ab plate as from what I have seen there are better files.

All pieces are glued, now i need to glue the resin parts on them. Here are a few shots from all parts i have right now, aswell with the Kama. 
Some parts of the kama i have to remake with leather (main belt and front parts).
And i have to find some other leggins

b38sa3W.jpeg

M1oXU1z.jpeg

Dyb9wkp.jpeg

kco97RO.jpeg

9aTIQaT.jpeg

AectDWL.jpeg

QpIgl4u.jpeg

cTHxs9j.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Ab plate seems a little bit big, but i think i need all this space. I believe most of it will be hidden under the chest and belt?

Edited by Veist

Today i glued all the resin parts and im filling some seams right now with abs sludge/superglue
Tomorrow i will sand everything, make the edges smooth and begin to dremel the scratches in the armor parts