Starting Captain Enoch

Veist

So after i read the resource posts here on the forum, i have now a clear way to go.

Here is my part list:

Helmet is already printed (Galactic Armory Files) and painted, pictures below

Neckseal is ordered

Chest- and backplate will be printed (Galactic Armory Files)

Armor pieces (abs plate, arms and legs) will be ordered in the next days from 850armorworks

Shoes will be ordered in the next time (Crowprops or Keeptrooping)

Kama is currently been sewn by a friend, belt and gloves will follow

CVskifZ.jpg

Bcr4G3Z.jpg

acOvWJA.jpg

SsiNkBg.jpg

In this build i will keep an eye on references like the show itself, the new figure and more i can find.

I will happily take feedback here too :D

For example, when im using the ABS parts, how can i make the cracks, since i dont really want to drill inside the 2mm plastic, maybe i can just paint them on? But how about the golden parts like the left handplate and shoulder?

Edited by Veist
  • Like 1

Looking forward to seeing the progress.

One thing you have to be aware of is print lines, cannot contain visible print lines and must be sanded smooth for a more realistic appearance.

You may need to go over the helmet again as there are quite a few lines showing

SsiNkBg.thumb.jpg.aa464f4111144e07ed672ee190151d49.jpg

For the cracks it may be a case of having them for higher level approval and only painted for base approval but that's entirely up to our DL and the LMO team.

Good luck with the build

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Leander.

As Glen mentioned, visible print lines were a change we made a couple of years back when more and more printed items and files became available.

The CRL for this costume is in the early stages so we need a person to work with to build it right, this is where you can come in as a builder. All CRL's requires photos of all the parts to be complete and approved at the Legion level.

Team work makes the dream work, and we are here to assists in every way we can.

• Like 2

Thanks for the early feedback.

In the last days i worked all over the printing lines, should be looking better now.

Also i ordered a stormtrooper ribbed neckseal and all the rouge one tk armor parts from 850armorworks, that would be required.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Veist said:

Thanks for the early feedback.

In the last days i worked all over the printing lines, should be looking better now.

Also i ordered a stormtrooper ribbed neckseal and all the rouge one tk armor parts from 850armorworks, that would be required.

Hopefully not the chest, that is a lot larger and wider than a TK chest,xoc.thumb.png.344192e7325fc7d7cde82351da74044f.png also backplate is different 

Posted (edited)

No, Chest and Back will be 3D printed, i think i will use files from Galactic Armory. 

I ordered only:

Abs plate

pair of thighs and shins

pair of shoulders, biceps, forearms and handplates

Edited by Veist
  • Like 2

Just ordered shoes from Crowprops:

TK Trooper FO/R1 Short Boots

Since i had very good experience with two paires of clone shoes i went with Crowprops again.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 4:43 PM, Veist said:

No, Chest and Back will be 3D printed, i think i will use files from Galactic Armory. 

I ordered only:

Abs plate

pair of thighs and shins

pair of shoulders, biceps, forearms and handplates

Ill be curious to see how you find the GA chest/back. I've had some fitment/sizing issues; specifically the chest not being quite tall enough compared to reference photos and the chest/back combination being very deep.

51 minutes ago, GR1MM said:

Ill be curious to see how you find the GA chest/back. I've had some fitment/sizing issues; specifically the chest not being quite tall enough compared to reference photos and the chest/back combination being very deep.

I ran across an image of one yesterday of a chest printed at full size and it was smaller than a Rogue One trooper chest.

This is one of the issues with many 3d files suppliers, having to always scale up or down according to your size, with many TK kits available it's a case of one size fits all (or most) Be nice if there was a general size everyone could make their files too and adjust from there if needed.

4 hours ago, Veist said:

Is it somehow possible to only get the chest/backplate file vom GA? I dont really want to spend money on all files for the armor.

Why not reach out and ask if it's possible, I think a few other people would be interested in that too, email is support@galacticarmory.net 

• Like 1

Consider using Armorsmith to properly size the chest and back armor. It’s a great program for scaling 3D prints to properly fit the wearer.

https://www.thearmoredgarage.com

It’s worth the investment when you consider the time and expense for multiple reprints or trying to size it yourself.

• Like 2

I will scale the Chest/back armor around the ABS plate, once i recieved and built it. A friend of mine will help me, using cura slicer and print it, but we will first make small semicircles for the circumference, that they'll fit

One thing to keep in mind (which I see some missing) is the chest is a lot bigger than a TK chest, it also has a large neck area when compared to the TK standard chest

380724625_18385799656018071_7091932170278177205_n.thumb.jpg.095aa03875ec6db9371a3dc00eceac01.jpgblaster3.thumb.png.1bc7db22107050938f77ed033724df92.png

• 2 weeks later...

So i did some research for the gloves. In all pictures i found it seems they are from leather. But in the references i found different colours. So the gloves of the new figure for example seem to be more brown, but in the show and in the renders, they are way more dark red. For that, i found these 3 gloves on amazon. I think i will take the first ones, but they are for woman, so i have probably take one or two sizes bigger. image.png.a4e6b477b4bd024018188b0aea94233a.png

Gloves are here, they have a matching colour. Little bit tight, but the biggest i could get. Maybe a little bit hot on the inside. I will have a look on what modifications i have to do, maybe painting the inside of the fingers a little bit darker? I dont know what these details on the index finger are, but they seem only to appear there

3 hours ago, Veist said:

Gloves are here, they have a matching colour. Little bit tight, but the biggest i could get. Maybe a little bit hot on the inside. I will have a look on what modifications i have to do, maybe painting the inside of the fingers a little bit darker? I dont know what these details on the index finger are, but they seem only to appear there

Very similar (if not the same ) as ROTK, with just a color change, I've not seen a good inside palms image

TK_R1_gloves.png

Am 29.1.2024 um 22:40 schrieb gmrhodes13:

Very similar (if not the same ) as ROTK, with just a color change, I've not seen a good inside palms image

TK_R1_gloves.png

do these type of gloves have a specific name i can search for? or are they only handmade and i have to paint them completely dark red? Or would these glove details (at least the one on the index finger) be only for level 2 approval?

1 hour ago, Veist said:

do these type of gloves have a specific name i can search for? or are they only handmade and i have to paint them completely dark red? Or would these glove details (at least the one on the index finger) be only for level 2 approval?

Not that I'm aware, I have no idea how you would be able to change the color. There are makers of this type of glove you may be able to reach out to them an enquire if they can make them in this color, ROTK or FOTK. Some other CRL's have this detail for basic approval some don't so will have to see once the CRL text is written, only the palm stitching is L2. 

35 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Not that I'm aware, I have no idea how you would be able to change the color. There are makers of this type of glove you may be able to reach out to them an enquire if they can make them in this color, ROTK or FOTK. Some other CRL's have this detail for basic approval some don't so will have to see once the CRL text is written, only the palm stitching is L2. 

This. There are a handful of companies already making these gloves. Whichever company decides to make other colors first will likely get the bulk of sales for people making this costume. If I was working on it, I’d keep bothering those companies until they decide to make them and then we can all praise them here and in the other groups.