Surprise in my RS Propmasters 2024 Calendar

Doggydoc

These thumbnails just don't do it justice. Also, I really dig the circular logo we used on the cover.  Really nicely rendered.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

OK, so this is the minimum bar that you need to it.  It will be fun to watch how this staff exceeds this :)

• Like 1

I know someone who is a TK that works let's say in the SW-universe who would gladly help out in putting something together, I could reach out to him! :) 

• Like 3

I guess the hardest thing would be all the red days for the different countries and making sure to mention everything like that

21 hours ago, Nairy said:

I guess the hardest thing would be all the red days for the different countries and making sure to mention everything like that

In my opinion, I think it best not to even attempt that in this day and age.

The calendar would be almost in not full, not allowing anyone to mark their own occasions in it, and for sure some will be missed as we are global.

What about a different Red days' idea.

Focus on FISD and or Legion milestone and important days.

Examples:

FISD anniversary or birthday

501st day

Victory 1000 day (The day we hit 1000 EIB)

500 day (The day we hit 500 Centurions)

May the 4th

Revenge of the 5th

Date that SW was released, ESB RotJ (keep those US centric) as they hit cinemas their first no doubt)

Think important dates in the life of FISD and the Legion, keep them Star Wars focused because none of that would upset or let anyone feel left out.

I'm sure there are plenty more special dates from the detachment passed and present that are of significance, and worthy of a place in this new calendar.

• Like 3

Really pointless discussing it, depends what the next DL and command team have in mind, shame.

I do agree, as LPR has found over the last few years not every country supports charities / occasions at the same time, if you can't include everyone at the same time it's really unfair to just spotlight one countries charity cause no matter how deserving.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chemi said:

There is also another problem... There are countries (like Spain, lol) where the week starts on Monday, not Sunday....:(

Sweden too, but I have absolutely no problem in adapting to a calendar that starts on a Sunday, for me it would be a case of who cries the loudest wins haha!

Having some obvious SW-related days could be nice along with victory day and 500 day as you wrote and more of that nature @Sly11! Simply ignoring all the red days and making sure that people can add that themselves is the safest option! But yes, it all depends on the next DL and the priorities of course :)

• Like 1

I think the problem is thinking that there has to be *one* calendar.    You can use a single printing for the US/Canada and then do a local printing say for the UK. I don't see why we need to put any country-specific holidays on it at all.  @Nairy has an excellent point - just put some 501st/FISD/SW specific dates on it and call it good.

Heck, you can even publish the PDFs and people can print them locally.  They will never be as good as having a central print like we did before, but then people can customize the calendar part if they want, and it helps with shipping.  Did you see the prices back in the day?  They were very reasonable, now, not so much.

• Like 2

The week starts on a Monday here too, I thought that was common, but obviously not.