TK ANH Stunt Build

kos5702

Nothing better than a BBB, remember measure twice and cut one and if you don't know something ask, there are no silly questions just silly mistakes from not asking ;) :duim:

Good luck with the build

GREAT to see you started a build thread, Ryan!  Hopefully you have all your build supplies on hand and have had time to do some research, so let the fun begin!  If I could offer a few tips, they would be:

1.  Take... your... time.  Don't rush.  Rushing leads to mistakes.

2.  As Glen mentioned- Ask questions.  The more the better.

3.  Measure twice (or even 3 or 4 times) before cutting.  

4.  Post up lots of photos.  This is especially important if you have an issue, as a picture really is worth a thousand words.

5.  Check the references (CRLs, screen captures and such) often.  Trust me on this one.

6.  Each armorer's kit has it's own unique nuances, so it's a good idea to check out other folks' AM build threads for these.

7.  Have fun with it!

You can do this, and we are here to help at every step of the way.  :jc_doublethumbup:

Forgot to mention this thread, some really helpful links in it

Also my go too builds for helmets

I started with the biceps to get the hang of cutting/sizing.  One thing you will need to consider on many of the pieces are the return edges, and it's best to decide at the beginning.  Some like them, some do not.  In some areas they provide extra strength, but in most places they were not exactly screen accurate.  The reason I say decide in the beginning is that if you leave them on, glue the pieces together and then decide later that you don't like them (or they cut into you), the sizing will be off.

I have a thread here that will help.

After you feel comfortable working with ABS, then you can move along to the forearms, thighs, calves**, etc.  I saved the bucket for last.

**When sizing the calves, it is really important to have your TK boots and wear them during this part.  Otherwise the bottoms may not fit correctly.  Trust me on this one.

Be sure to post up photos!  Especially important to do before trimming/gluing if you have any doubts.

I started with my detonator, thought that would be simple, luckily we have references ;) 

TDreference.jpg.7cd3214a1fe34bb87527b8b60234a842.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Just check your end plate thickness, should be a bigger gap between the end caps and control panel.

TD reference.jpg

Also note the placement of the screws/holes on the clips if you are aiming for higher levels ;) 

gallery_12157_51_33329.jpg

Finally had my BBB day after months of waiting. Shout out to Dave's Darkside Depot for the kit. As a newb it is definitely overwhelming but I'm excited to get started.
20231108_164139.jpg.de1b4c37a8b9a277eed350d6478a5d2c.jpg
Congratulations on BBB day! I have a Triple D's box as well that I really need to start working on. LOL

Sent from my SM-N981U1 using Tapatalk