TK-13-239 reporting for duty

Hi everyone,

So excited to announce my TK number! I've always had a fascination with stormtroopers and that amazing outfit. Nobody believed this was actually a thing when I told them about it, and I seriously doubted if I could do it too, but here I am!

60qeGC2.jpg

I knew I wanted to do this build with someone, and I was lucky enough my good friend James, who also lives in the Toronto are, and for all intense and purposes is my twin (yes, we were even born on the same day), was thrilled to sign up with me.

The journey started as a 40th birthday gift to myself. Originally, it was going to be a trip to Disney Star Wars with the family, but COVID got in the way that, and since I have plenty of time to research things, I stared searching for ways to buy/build a stuit and stumbled upon the FISD website, so here we are. James is really close to submitting as well. We are so excited to get out and start Trooping, especially charity work when it comes around. 

lMJ2kp6.png

We are thrilled to be wearing Dark Side Dave's armor. Being so thick was tough to work with initially, but it fits us "huskier' troopers really well, and (as with all armor makers) looks amazing. Dave was always standing by to give a guiding hand, and I also want to send a huge shout out to all of those who helped us on our build thread, for giving us tips, and even picking us up when we thought all hope was lost and they we had either screwed up royally, or felt it was never going to pull together for us. We felt so welcomed into this community, and I have been raving about how supportive this group is. I can't wait to start paying it forward with other future troopers, and I can't wait to get out there and meet all of the amazing people Star Wars brings together. Almost as soon as I got approved, gmrhodes13 hooked me up with Nairy, who helped teach me how to make these awesome banners and play around with Photoshop, after he made my first banner for me!). Everyone just seems so generous. I wish more people could experience this. I'm honoured to be called Trooper with all of you.

I've currently started my EIB submission and have the ultimate goal to make Centurion status. 

Once again, thanks to all for welcoming me and I look forward to seeing you out there.

TK-13239 out

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

A little late to the party here but congratulations Matt and thank you for the story and the kind words!

Must feel amazing to have something like this together with your twin! I can't even imagine the excitement! :lightemperor:

Hope you're doing well and congrats on achieving EI! How's Centurion coming along? Is your brother approved yet?