CRL release news?

5 hours ago, DrMatt said:

I heard rumor that the CRL would be finalized at the end of October.  Any news?

There has been no CRL discussion so far on this forum (that I am aware). A CRL can not be created without a completed build and help with text and required photos.

Glen is correct, there is a member working on this very costume, and we are hoping they will be viable for a CRL model.

For a CRL to be complete and then approved by the LMO team (Legion level) we need the full descriptive text and an image/photo for each component.

These must align closely with the as seen in the movie or TV series using reference images.

We have created the section for this costume, also provided a reference gallery, which will be expanded on if more information comes to light, we are just waiting on that last piece.

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2023 at 2:09 PM, Sly11 said:

Glen is correct, there is a member working on this very costume, and we are hoping they will be viable for a CRL model.

For a CRL to be complete and then approved by the LMO team (Legion level) we need the full descriptive text and an image/photo for each component.

These must align closely with the as seen in the movie or TV series using reference images.

We have created the section for this costume, also provided a reference gallery, which will be expanded on if more information comes to light, we are just waiting on that last piece.

Can that member get in touch with me.  I'd like to help where I can to create the CRL...

6 hours ago, DrMatt said:

Can that member get in touch with me.  I'd like to help where I can to create the CRL...

Hi Matt,

It depends on what fashion you wish to assist with the CRL.

The build, really depends on the member/s building.

The descriptions we have a section dedicated to this character, it is an open forum for members to participate in working with us on any/all CRL's.

Descriptive text on the various costume parts follows a basic pattern, which makes sense if you read through our CRL's.

We try to make the type of language similar where possible.

This costume is quite detailed, so the explanation in each part needs to be both that and as easy to follow as possible.

The photography for all the pieces for the CRL, again depends on the member/s making again.

Ultimately, we hope if the person building the costume sees your post here, they would reach out to you if they were interested in assistance. :)

6 hours ago, DrMatt said:

I'd like to help where I can to create the CRL...

Example of CRL work in progress (has stalled for the time being)

CRL's are discussed on the forum with staff and other builders/members who can supply information or references and may suggest other text.

On 12/14/2023 at 5:37 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Example of CRL work in progress (has stalled for the time being)

CRL's are discussed on the forum with staff and other builders/members who can supply information or references and may suggest other text.

Lol. Yeah, sorry about this guys. I’ve been extremely busy with work for a while. It’s probably time to get cracking on this again.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I'm willing to start working on one, using the above referenced "template" of sorts. 

Feel free to chime in with any descriptions, etc you feel are appropriate!

There looks to be a few wishing to work on this, which is truly wonderful.

Make sure all of you create build threads in the appropriate area, and I'm sure this CRL will be awesome with several working to give input.

Considering this is really our first hard and soft costume with an extended line-up of new gadgetry for FISD, I am positive we can learn from other legion CRL's which have similar set-ups like BHG for example.

Research for all of us is key, together we can get this done in a shorter time frame with an accurate and detailed CRL.

On 2/9/2024 at 3:25 PM, Sly11 said:

There looks to be a few wishing to work on this, which is truly wonderful.

Make sure all of you create build threads in the appropriate area, and I'm sure this CRL will be awesome with several working to give input.

Considering this is really our first hard and soft costume with an extended line-up of new gadgetry for FISD, I am positive we can learn from other legion CRL's which have similar set-ups like BHG for example.

Research for all of us is key, together we can get this done in a shorter time frame with an accurate and detailed CRL.

There are a few folks showing their builds on FB, and the photo collections are building in a BIG way! I'll certainly post my build when it starts (Helmet is on it's way!), and in the mean time, working on the CRL in the background keeps the involvement alive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 23vince23 said:

Who's kit is most popular to get and work with 850 Armor ?

Most appear to be printing their armor, take a look at the FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/580965347342803/

• 2 weeks later...

Im printing the galactic armoury version but the jetpack is a pain, no holes for wiring as im adding a remote compressed air chamber for thrusters. I may have to make my own middle section in fusion 360 to create the perfect housing. once I finish the jetpack I will post images etc... 

compressed air thruster will work by a servo and a remote fob trigger what i will be putting into the pistol.

jetpack bottom lights will turn on with the thruster to colour the smoke/air..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Whicko76 said:

Im printing the galactic armoury version but the jetpack is a pain, no holes for wiring as im adding a remote compressed air chamber for thrusters. I may have to make my own middle section in fusion 360 to create the perfect housing. once I finish the jetpack I will post images etc... 

compressed air thruster will work by a servo and a remote fob trigger what i will be putting into the pistol.

You may want to start a build thread here https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/258-imperial-commando-build-threads/

I have bells and whistles for my mando jetpack, younglings love it when they can hear the jets and see colored smoke, it's worth the extra work for sure.

I use finger remote switches and relays to activate, similar to the one below, remote is very small without it's housing

swith.png.e6f008fa0eb0de80559a45c73b174a8c.png

7 hours ago, Whicko76 said:

This sounds really exciting, we look forward to seeing the progress.