Introduce myself

Hello and welcome to the forum, this thread is full of helpful info which should get you on your way 

7 hours ago, Jedikiller2024 said:

I was just wondering if Fel Storm Trooper armor would count ?

You can find all approvable 501st TK version CRL's here: https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

On 8/10/2023 at 4:59 AM, Jedikiller2024 said:

I still don't know if TK Armour will still fit me besides I'm 6'2 plus I don't even know if I'll be able to sit down while wearing the Armour.

The ANH Stormtrooper armor isn't built with much sitting down in mind, I'm not sure with the FOTK but generally if you want to sit in a TK armor, you'd have to have that in mind when building it and adjusting what you can to make it possible! We have a few ANH Stormtroopers that have tweaked their armor so that they are able to sit down with it, but I'd say sitting down isn't a TKs best skill :) You'd need some extra work to make it happen! Some TKs can sit down just because of how the armor fits them, but some of us have just accepted our fates! :P 

On 8/24/2023 at 9:22 AM, Nairy said:

The ANH Stormtrooper armor isn't built with much sitting down in mind, I'm not sure with the FOTK but generally if you want to sit in a TK armor, you'd have to have that in mind when building it and adjusting what you can to make it possible! We have a few ANH Stormtroopers that have tweaked their armor so that they are able to sit down with it, but I'd say sitting down isn't a TKs best skill :) You'd need some extra work to make it happen! Some TKs can sit down just because of how the armor fits them, but some of us have just accepted our fates! :P 

Welcome aboard Kian,

I'm not too familiar with the FOTK but found the TM TK I had, fairly forgiving and my absolute Fav when it comes to chores liker sitting and adapting to my physique.

IMG-1053-1.jpg

boing!

IMG-1052-1.jpg

but as Jonatan rightly points out, not all amour is the same :(

Edited by riveting
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, riveting said:

Welcome aboard Kian,

I'm not too familiar with the FOTK but found the TM TK I had, fairly forgiving and my absolute Fav when it comes to chores liker sitting and adapting to my physique.

IMG-1053-1.jpg

boing!

IMG-1052-1.jpg

but as Jonatan rightly points out, not all amour is the same :(

Wow that is reeeeally flexible!

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 1:38 PM, Nairy said:

Wow that is reeeeally flexible!

I think Paul used to call it his superflex or similar & yes it was sooooo flexy, I just figured it might help Kian out with the requirements on comfort?

good luck Kian, maybe an alternative & very comfortable Trooper could be an option? like biker scout! those guys are lucky enough to sit down heaps & still look very cool.

Edited by riveting

11 minutes ago, Jedikiller2024 said:

TK-trooper.thumb.webp.8db07585c67585735af48adf0fa022c0.webpWould this count as approved ?

There has not been a CRL made for this costume (animated version), someone has to build one first, supply all images needed and also help with the text of the CRL.

There is a concept trooper which is similar https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_concept

You can find a list of FISD CRL Costumes here https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

Info on creation costume CRL's here https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRLGuide

Lando started work on 3D printing one but has not finished as yet, his build is here 

• Like 1

@Jedikiller2024 Kian be sure to check out the Mountain Garrison https://www.mg501.com/, I think you would be in the Mile High Squad. If you join that forum you can find out more locally.
Also, if you use facebook, look up Mountain Garrison and you should find the build group that can also help you get started.

I am starting on a FOTK right now and will probably end up with the same questions eventually.

As for glasses, I wear them but take them off with my bucket on. If you really can't see well, I guess contacts?  I am sure someone in the forums has a better answer than mine. ;) 

Good luck!

• Like 1

I know a few members with old pairs of glasses who remove the arms then use elastic to keep them on, gives you a touch more space to play with.

Also note some helmets are bigger than others so take that into consideration when purchasing ;)

On 8/7/2023 at 9:17 PM, Jedikiller2024 said:

Yes I am interested in Building First Order Stormtrooper armor, the problem is I wear Glasses and I've never made armor before

What sort of prescription are we talking?  Mine is around -1 ish so I just put up with rubbish vision.  Really the best option, if you can, is contacts.  I did try this but I didn't get on with getting them in and out.

Last is what Glen is suggesting, get a spare frame with the correct prescription.  Remove the arms and mount this inside the helmet.  If you have a small head you might be able to get the helmet on with normal glasses but I can't do that.

1 hour ago, Jedikiller2024 said:

Where would I start if I was to make Havoc Squad armour?

Havoc trooper would be homed under Clonetrooper Detachment