IkNFs67.jpg

Boots : Arrived (Keeptrooping)

yxwU7Es.jpg

Neckseal : Arrived (DarmansProps)

Holster : Arrived (DarmansProps)

iOAop3i.jpg

Armor : RS Props Master (in progress)

Blaster : 3D print (lot of work to do)

Next week-end i immediately started the build of the armor. I rely on the youtube videos of RS and I also watch the information I find on this forum. The tutorial on the edge trim is particularly useful.

V7aDDvh.jpgSqKBgwu.jpg

My biggest problem at this time is that i'm short, 1,7m (5'7"). I will surely have to ask you for your help so that I can adjust the armor without going too far.

First, I have an issue aligning my thighs (hardest parts to make I find)

7EVgNeE.jpg

how can I cut to align them? I don’t want to be stupid so I prefer to ask for help.

Thanks

Edited by Darkalex

9 hours ago, Darkalex said:

Hello everyone,

Next week i finally received my BBB :D

mmIi3YF.jpg

So at this time i have :

Helmet : RS Prop Master finish 

IkNFs67.jpg

Boots : Arrived (Keeptrooping)

yxwU7Es.jpg

Neckseal : Arrived (DarmansProps)

Holster : Arrived (DarmansProps)

iOAop3i.jpg

Armor : RS Props Master (in progress)

Blaster : 3D print (lot of work to do)

Next week-end i immediately started the build of the armor. I rely on the youtube videos of RS and I also watch the information I find on this forum. The tutorial on the edge trim is particularly useful.

V7aDDvh.jpgSqKBgwu.jpg

My biggest problem at this time is that i'm short, 1,7m (5'7"). I will surely have to ask you for your help so that I can adjust the armor without going too far.

First, I have an issue aligning my thighs (hardest parts to make I find)

7EVgNeE.jpg

how can I cut to align them? I don’t want to be stupid so I prefer to ask for help.

Thanks

You should align the botton section, back it up with an ABS piece and apply some ABS paste and sand to smooth.

OJ3Xj1a.jpg   

jTMcfOJ.png

3 hours ago, Darkalex said:

you think there is an other solution ? 

One additional fix could be :

1- Alignning the two halves

2- Install de cover strip

3- At the end of the build when suiting up, consider if a mobility cut is necessary (this can be made instead of  the adding the plastic piece behind and filling with ABS paste.

CSL3dX8.jpg

Mobility cut                                                                                                                                         

8QBej78.jpg         

CRL : L3 Any mobility cuts on the back do not extend beyond the top of the raised ridge.

References

GVNy2nS.jpg?1   UeR4WNc.jpg 

ABS paste is not difficult to make, use some of your plastic scraps and acetone, leave over night. Great thread on the subject here 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help.

@FN1313 i have watch on your build thread and there is so much information :) 

So, for my build i have trimed all the pieces (except the little part and the belt)

Body part : 

5ZRk4ch.jpg

hii26do.jpg

DWTaOLU.jpg

a4bKOMs.jpg

Don't hesitate to tell me if you see something wrong :) 

Arm :

MKJjeTX.jpg

GSrnNJT.jpg

i forgot to take photos of the biceps...

Legs 

I made a test fit and i'm happy with the rendering but i don't have much mouvement at the back of the knee. What do you suggest to improve this? I have to trim somewhere else or I finish the pieces and I see later?
For the thighs I don't know where I can cut yet but for the shins I can reduce the bottom.

jrU5YWA.jpg

I would wait until you have the rest of the armor on, you may need to bring your thighs up a little which could give you more room. You won't get full movement that's just one of the downfalls of wearing armor ;) but you do get some movement.

You can add mobility cuts on the rear, just don't trim through the upper ridges

• Any mobility cuts on the back do not extend beyond the top of the raised ridge.
  •  

References here

4 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I would wait until you have the rest of the armor on, you may need to bring your thighs up a little which could give you more room. You won't get full movement that's just one of the downfalls of wearing armor ;) but you do get some movement.

You can add mobility cuts on the rear, just don't trim through the upper ridges

For the thight i can up for a few cm but not more, otherwise i have to cut at the top (i have wide thighs :()

For the mobility i know but if i can avoid to do that! 

17 minutes ago, Darkalex said:

For the thight i can up for a few cm but not more, otherwise i have to cut at the top (i have wide thighs :()

For the mobility i know but if i can avoid to do that! 

There is also an option to trim the bottom of the shins to allow them come down a little more on the boot giving you more room at the knees.

Definitely wait until you have your torso on to check gaps. Also wait until you have both the thigh ammo strip and sniper plate added, can make a difference.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello guys, 

I have been very well advanced on the armor and I am going to see my GML for a few questions (especially for the thighs).
I’ll be putting pictures of the progress quickly.

Little question, I don’t have a leather hole punch to drill in the belt, do you have any other method?
Thank you

12 hours ago, Darkalex said:

Little question, I don’t have a leather hole punch to drill in the belt, do you have any other method?
Thank you

You could use a drill, just have to make sure you hold the leather tightly, or perhaps a sharp knife, just take care not to have too much pressure or you may rip the leather rather than making a hole.

Looking forward to your next batch of photos Alexandre.

I have only used a leather hole punch for this, and it probably is the best way to get a clean hole through the canvas belt.

There is another tool called a Brad which is a spike with a handle at one end that could work. In that case perhaps a skewer might allow you to make a sufficient small hole to get rivets or Chicago screws through.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, some great news. I have finish my build last week-end and I have received the approval this week. 
thanks for your help, I have found lot of info, tuto etc… on this forum.

TK26053 ready for duty 

sgQ5bye.jpg
0LkRQhJ.jpg

7W9WicR.jpg

First trooping wenesday 

5DBJNAt.jpg

After the first troop I need to improve/update two things :

- gloves -> where can I found the plastic gloves ? The rs are too large for me 

- I need a e11 blaster, have you some recommandation ? (I’m in Europe)

• Like 3

On 9/17/2023 at 5:24 PM, TKSpartan said:

Congratulations Trooper!! Welcome to the ranks.  Now you may want to check our higher levels programs

Thanks! I have already check the higher leveles programs and yes my goal its centurion. I have build my TK in that way. First things to do is to buy an e11 blaster. 

On 9/17/2023 at 5:24 PM, TKSpartan said:

And bellow thread can give you some ideas for the E11 blaster resources.

Thanks, I contact him and i just wait the end of the month to ordered it. 

Edited by Darkalex
  • Like 1