Roarcach's ANH Stunt Build

Roarcach

You only have 2 posts according to your member profile and no build thread ;) 

A couple of threads on trimming ears

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hu guys, more updates on my TK bucket. Started to trim my left ear. Is there any feedback on the ears so far? I saw some gaps on the ear part, but would this still be ok for centurion level? 687fc7ebe390ac5f6848ac4147e8fdcf.jpgd9b669e70fe18915cdf10d91ea92cfa5.jpg3435c5c9891f77fbefcfc3ae18230410.jpg86ac096aa71e879d6960f9fef6dc9079.jpg38901446bc0b56dcf8547482afb1be9d.jpg8ae5fc741ef7de81a51782ba62e896a1.jpgac33904a771fc1f0d64b7b525a4e2e49.jpg

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

The ears are looking great, what a great fit. The only thing to me is they are still a bit thick and could be trimmed down some more but follow those trim lines as that is going to be a very nice fit to the helmet.

Probably only 2 - 3 mm more off at most, that way they sit around the RS original and the Lucas archive helmet ear thickness.

Its still above the top of the eyes so it should be ok.

No issue for basic approval, check in with our Deployment offices if you wish to go for Centurion level approval.

@Chemi  @TKSpartan

Keep up the solid work Tim.

From what I have observed, Stunt buckets normally had the brow sitting in a higher position above the eyes.  

LbAEeXN.jpg  Okmdvd9.jpg  jZRps8u.jpg  7QZEbEo.jpg

Many (if not most) of the Hero versions had the brow sitting lower.

1kTDIzk.jpg  IyCzZkR.jpg  ajhChAh.jpg  swERYBV.jpg

Although the brow height is not specifically listed in the CRL at this time, keep in mind that the D.O.s also use official reference images (photos) when reviewing a costume, and depending on how the final product looks they may ask you to raise it slightly.

If you want to change the brow height and it is sitting tight against the front rim of the cap (pushed all the way up), the only way to raise the brow is to reposition the face plate down a bit.  It's entirely up to you of course, but doing this would also help the bottom line of the "tube" to line up better (blue arrow) and give you a nicer fit for the S-trim.   In the reference image, note how the bottom of the tube lines up perfectly while the top does not.

9w279Yz.jpg        wTibCq5.jpg

9 hours ago, Roarcach said:

Is it ok that my helmet's brow is so close to the eyelines? I was actually following the crl photo for the brow.

The CRL photos are just for illustration. The official reference images are from the screencaps we have in the Gallery section or movie reference.

Even though it's not specifically noted in the crl and therefore "no mandatory" if you want to be really accurate , I would suggest to raise it a little .  

As @justjoseph63 noted, the lower brow trim is more for the Hero version.

Keep up the great work. :salute:

The CRL photos are just for illustration. The official reference images are from the screencaps we have in the Gallery section or movie reference.

Even though it's not specifically noted in the crl and therefore "no mandatory" if you want to be really accurate , I would suggest to raise it a little .  

As [mention=22112]justjoseph63[/mention] noted, the lower brow trim is more for the Hero version.

Keep up the great work. :salute:

Alright, my aim is actually to get centurion. If I have to raise the brow, would opening the rivets break the plastic??

hace 1 hora, Roarcach dijo:

Alright, my aim is actually to get centurion. If I have to raise the brow, would opening the rivets break the plastic??

If you do it carefully, the plastic should not break. But be careful if you use a drill, as the area may overheat and then it could deform the plastic.:duim:

• Like 1

If you can grip the back of the rivet with pliers to stop it from turning if the drill bit gets stuck. Slow drill with very little pressure works for me.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Roarcach said:

That is GREAT that you are headed for level 3, Timothy!  I have a tutorial here that will help.  One thing I recommend is starting with a smaller drill bit and working your way up to the size you need to remove them.  It is actually pretty easy, just take your time.