First build!

N0SweatBobaFett

Progress is looking great. Sorry I’ve been slower to respond but looks like others have been doing so.
All good questions and progress. Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FN1313 said:

Progress is looking great. Sorry I’ve been slower to respond but looks like others have been doing so.
All good questions and progress. Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need to apologize!  I’m just having a blast with this build.  Thanks for helping so far!  I appreciate it.  

8 minutes ago, N0SweatBobaFett said:

Hey guys.  Just had a quick question, how many bumps on the shoulder strap should be glued to the chest plate?  Thanks!  

QrZT5FO.jpg

Mine I could only get the large bump and 2 and 1/2 small bumps as ATA chest ridge is higher.

Screen accurate have the large bump and 4 to 5 small bumps

gallery_12157_16_28971.jpg

gallery_12157_16_557.jpg

FAKhPZ2.jpg?1

• Like 2

Got an Imperial Supply Drop E-11 a few weeks ago and got a few good coats of black on the blaster and started adding other paint details and weathering today.  I avoided adding any metallic weathering on the grips and T-rails, weathered with bronze for the scope, but was wondering if I should weather the Hengsler counter with any paint or not?  Thanks!  

KR5HwSO.jpg

yGCuaxy.jpg

hZRWpxj.jpg

zhsItJz.jpg

K7AvxMX.jpg

Some do weather the Hengslter, I did only minor amounts, corners and sides that would get scuffed in use, also a touch on the Hengstler logo so it could be seen a little easier. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, N0SweatBobaFett said:

Got an Imperial Supply Drop E-11 a few weeks ago and got a few good coats of black on the blaster and started adding other paint details and weathering today.  I avoided adding any metallic weathering on the grips and T-rails, weathered with bronze for the scope, but was wondering if I should weather the Hengsler counter with any paint or not?  Thanks!  

KR5HwSO.jpg

yGCuaxy.jpg

hZRWpxj.jpg

zhsItJz.jpg

K7AvxMX.jpg

Nice Blaster Trooper !!  :jc_doublethumbup:

Just checkout the scope and Ammo counter correct position when assembling

r7HHOpt.jpg?1       HHquZIS.jpg   

3wzxTD1.jpg?1        vnKhb4X.jpg

4RpO8NB.png?1

• Like 1

5 hours ago, N0SweatBobaFett said:

Finished glueing the sniper knee.  Also double checking that it’s okay to cut out the back of the shins like so for mobility?  

mBtBMz0.jpg

m0IP1th.jpg

KOtcP1B.jpg

qnQzGtw.jpg

p95JEMe.jpg

Those cuts will be fine as marked. 

• Like 1

I have a quick question, as I make straps and snaps and prepare to glue them on the armor.  I have noticed people sometimes put a spare piece of ABS in between the straps and the actual armor when glueing or glue the snaps to the spare piece of ABS all together.  Is there a benefit to doing this or is it just as good to glue the strap straight on to the armor itself?  Thanks!  

3 hours ago, N0SweatBobaFett said:

I have a quick question, as I make straps and snaps and prepare to glue them on the armor.  I have noticed people sometimes put a spare piece of ABS in between the straps and the actual armor when glueing or glue the snaps to the spare piece of ABS all together.  Is there a benefit to doing this or is it just as good to glue the strap straight on to the armor itself?  Thanks!  

Do you mean between the posterior and kidney or between the abdomen and kidney? The V tabs I came up with some years ago to stop the posterior pushing away from the kidney. Normally you only need one at each end of the kidney/posterior.

Q6j9pfd.jpg

qrjihT5.jpg

Some add extra ones

af3929a7913341fe88f6e240aee06eeb.jpg

BByGFaZ.jpg

The tabs between abdomen and kidney help them to stay in alignment and not put sidesways when closed. There are many ways to do this.

1Hr8fBp.jpg

JMOn8N1.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Did some trial and error with the snaps and elastic until I finally found something that seems to work well!  So far I just glued the butt plate to the kidney plate but it seems to be working well so far.  I should be able to attach the rest of the elastics and snaps to the arms very soon!  

9epNlkz.jpg

h7YtXIP.jpg

qymiSk5.jpg

• Like 2

Did some work with strapping and the front and back halves of the body are fully strapped now.  I just need to add the straps from the chest plate to the back plate (over the shoulders) and the strapping from the kidney to ab plate.  Just checking to see if this looks good so far!  It fits well, but was wondering if some pieces may be too close or far from each other?  After this it’s on so strapping the limbs.  I was also wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a harness to connect the arms and thigh armor to?  Thank you!  

BZNiSFr.jpg

UgONE3S.jpg

u72vNSU.jpg

LpbY8Wl.jpg

• Like 1

It really depends how it will sit once everything is strapped together on you and you have shoulder straps attached. I found my chest to abdomen straps were a little loose as the chest kept lifting over the abdomen so I doubled up elastic so it was tighter. I actually added adjustable straps too so I could get it sitting just right.

ctyBSW3.jpg

• Like 1