AstrumVolucris Requesting Pre Approval Review ( Walt's Trooper Factory )

1.  Gregory Braun
  2.  Southern California Garrison , Los Angeles Squad 
  3.  Armor - Walt's Trooper Factory
  4.  Helmet - Walt's Trooper Factory
  5. Belt - Walt's Trooper Factory
  6. Neck Seal - Stormtrooperstore
  7. Boots - Walt's Trooper Factory
  8.  5'7"
  9.  175lbs
  10.  ANH Stunt

El1k4NK.jpg

3b0E2qc.jpg

T2UZtLm.jpg

r784eIe.jpg

0IakLgm.jpg

Nil1v3L.jpg

NciYPo4.jpg

tH7V9ax.jpg

x0IPhsF.jpg

• AstrumVolucris changed the title to AstrumVolucris Requesting Pre Approval Review ( Walt's Trooper Factory )

Dank Farrik! I just realized I forgot to affix my holster. On that note - if I understand correctly , I can affix the holder with Tandy snaps? ( straps on the inside of belt , Tandy snaps visible on the outside) Thank you for the advice 

Hi Gregory

Thank you for reaching us for a pre approval check.

Some details that caught my attention

As the Crl states for Basic level

" Kidney Armor:  A separate kidney plate is present, split from the posterior armor."  and "Posterior Armor :A separate rear armor piece is split from the Kidney Armor:

Yours yours seems to be still one single piece. You would need to trim and install the snap/straps to joint them.

Reference

X3rlP21.jpg                          RllDb9m.jpg          

You may want to check your Thermal detonator dimensions, to my eyes it seems a little wide?

Reference image

s08Jccb.jpg                             XlNKKrL.jpg?1

Cw6ajii.jpg?1

The rivets of your thigh ammo pack could be painted white for more accuracy.

Reference

4MPV07C.jpg                                                      qCTzKbR.jpg

And for the Holster attachment: You can use snaps or rivets 

NJYlD7p.png

1 hour ago, AstrumVolucris said:

Dank Farrik! I just realized I forgot to affix my holster. On that note - if I understand correctly , I can affix the holder with Tandy snaps? ( straps on the inside of belt , Tandy snaps visible on the outside) Thank you for the advice 

Correct, snaps on the rear of the belt.

A thread that may be helpful

Nice work trooper, a couple of additional things.

You could trim the excess from the end of your belt, normally stop under or just at the end of the TD

r784eIe.jpg

8Iasmg3.jpg?1   4eW2R4K.jpg?1

You ab button colors look very dark, may be lighting

0IakLgm.jpg

f0b9a66c171a1c54908b21e2ccf2eef7.jpg

Your shoulder straps are sitting high on the backplate, you could ben these down, also if you wanted you could trim the large tab

3b0E2qc.jpg  qb4YVKO.jpg?1  lbfFArU.jpg?1

Looks like you may be able to bring your shoulder bells inwards a little more, you can remove all return edge if required

El1k4NK.jpg  k85ELoM.jpg?1

A few tweaks and you should be good to go.

Good luck with approval

8 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Gregory

Thank you for reaching us for a pre approval check.

Some details that caught my attention

As the Crl states for Basic level

" Kidney Armor:  A separate kidney plate is present, split from the posterior armor."  and "Posterior Armor :A separate rear armor piece is split from the Kidney Armor:

Yours yours seems to be still one single piece. You would need to trim and install the snap/straps to joint them.

Reference

X3rlP21.jpg                          RllDb9m.jpg          

You may want to check your Thermal detonator dimensions, to my eyes it seems a little wide?

Reference image

s08Jccb.jpg                             XlNKKrL.jpg?1

Cw6ajii.jpg?1

The rivets of your thigh ammo pack could be painted white for more accuracy.

Reference

4MPV07C.jpg                                                      qCTzKbR.jpg

And for the Holster attachment: You can use snaps or rivets 

NJYlD7p.png

Thank you for your time and advice. I am working on the modifications.  The TD does seem to be a bit larger than normal. Do you think this will be a approvable despite the size?

8czlevz.jpg

9DtFGLu.jpg

lo8oj0p.jpg

vcUAvY5.jpg

8 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work trooper, a couple of additional things.

You could trim the excess from the end of your belt, normally stop under or just at the end of the TD

r784eIe.jpg

8Iasmg3.jpg?1   4eW2R4K.jpg?1

You ab button colors look very dark, may be lighting

0IakLgm.jpg

f0b9a66c171a1c54908b21e2ccf2eef7.jpg

Your shoulder straps are sitting high on the backplate, you could ben these down, also if you wanted you could trim the large tab

3b0E2qc.jpg  qb4YVKO.jpg?1  lbfFArU.jpg?1

Looks like you may be able to bring your shoulder bells inwards a little more, you can remove all return edge if required

El1k4NK.jpg  k85ELoM.jpg?1

A few tweaks and you should be good to go.

Good luck with approval

Here is a better picture of the buttons on the ab plate. Not sure if it is too dark or not :/

a4cH7h7.jpg

Ultimately it is entirely up to your local GML who will approve or not, we try to give feedback not just for basic approval but also the higher levels.

Your blue buttons do look a bit to dark for me, you can always wait and see what your GML says, but for higher levels you would need change the color.

The larger ab plate outsides look a bit dimpled, must be a WTF molding issue, think I've seen that before

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Ultimately it is entirely up to your local GML who will approve or not, we try to give feedback not just for basic approval but also the higher levels.

Your blue buttons do look a bit to dark for me, you can always wait and see what your GML says, but for higher levels you would need change the color.

The larger ab plate outsides look a bit dimpled, must be a WTF molding issue, think I've seen that before

Understood. Thank you again for your time and advice! :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

tk37423 from Instagram here. I hope the modifications you GML requested don't give you too much of a hard time. I agree the size of your biceps and forearm pieces could be reduced. Unless your arms are too large and they must be that size to fit you properly. Reducing the return edges on the shoulder bells and making the biceps smaller will definitely help with the gap between your chest and shoulders.

What holster are you currently using? If you're looking for a good replacement I'd recommend one from Darman's Props: https://darmansprops.com/products/stormtrooper-e-11-holster-anh-with-tan-straps

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GoofTrooper said:

tk37423 from Instagram here. I hope the modifications you GML requested don't give you too much of a hard time. I agree the size of your biceps and forearm pieces could be reduced. Unless your arms are too large and they must be that size to fit you properly. Reducing the return edges on the shoulder bells and making the biceps smaller will definitely help with the gap between your chest and shoulders.

What holster are you currently using? If you're looking for a good replacement I'd recommend one from Darman's Props: https://darmansprops.com/products/stormtrooper-e-11-holster-anh-with-tan-straps

Thank you for your time and feedback! The list of required modifications was really overwhelming at first , but once I started diving into it and understanding the modifications and how to do them , it was all relatively simple. And yes I actually did end up ordering a new holster from Darman's Props! I submitted my updated photos this morning which I will share below.    

YaodJc6.jpg

DluLYij.jpg

JMkCRrQ.jpg

BdFnUZN.jpg

0zMWv0y.jpg

Looking much better.

A few things missed earlier, a lot would be for higher level approval.

White paint on thigh ammo strip rivets, also openings on the side, ab to kidney, tighter strapping perhaps

BdFnUZN.jpg

Brow trim is really low, even for a hero, some references here. You could also bring your shoulders in a little more there is a big gap of black between them and chest, rotate them further inwards like on the rear photos.

Vocoder pain sides are a little low. Could also fill the gaps between the lower ridge on your thigh, sugru or ABS paste.

Your chest could down a little more, looks like it's sitting up on your shoulders, maybe it's the angle of photo

YaodJc6.jpgsml_gallery_12157_15_51563.jpg

sml_gallery_14191_25_80481.jpg

Vocoder pain sides are a little low.

KKZqeB8.jpg?2   IMNaNgw.jpg?2 

Shouldn't really have rounded corners on your shoulder straps, you could actually cut half the tab off, which is screen accurate. You could also check your TD measurements, looks a little long

DluLYij.jpg

TDreference.jpg.bf1d1bdde03922dbbac8057e2992be44.jpg

NOTE As seen in the photos below, there are no large tabs on the rear of the shoulder bridges.  This is not specifically mentioned in the CRL, but removing them is highly recommended if possible.

qb4YVKO.jpg?1   B3vL4VO.jpg?1 FAKhPZ2.jpg?1

Good luck and hope to see you approved soon

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Looking much better.

A few things missed earlier, a lot would be for higher level approval.

White paint on thigh ammo strip rivets, also openings on the side, ab to kidney, tighter strapping perhaps

BdFnUZN.jpg

Brow trim is really low, even for a hero, some references here. You could also bring your shoulders in a little more there is a big gap of black between them and chest, rotate them further inwards like on the rear photos.

Vocoder pain sides are a little low. Could also fill the gaps between the lower ridge on your thigh, sugru or ABS paste.

Your chest could down a little more, looks like it's sitting up on your shoulders, maybe it's the angle of photo

YaodJc6.jpgsml_gallery_12157_15_51563.jpg

sml_gallery_14191_25_80481.jpg

Vocoder pain sides are a little low.

KKZqeB8.jpg?2   IMNaNgw.jpg?2 

Shouldn't really have rounded corners on your shoulder straps, you could actually cut half the tab off, which is screen accurate. You could also check your TD measurements, looks a little long

DluLYij.jpg

TDreference.jpg.bf1d1bdde03922dbbac8057e2992be44.jpg

NOTE As seen in the photos below, there are no large tabs on the rear of the shoulder bridges.  This is not specifically mentioned in the CRL, but removing them is highly recommended if possible.

qb4YVKO.jpg?1   B3vL4VO.jpg?1 FAKhPZ2.jpg?1

Good luck and hope to see you approved soon

Great feedback! I really appreciate it.

Thank you :)

Hi Gregory. Your armor looks great!!!

A few minor adjustments and you're ready to go.:jc_doublethumbup:

Regarding the TD, don't forget to paint the screws black (if not already done;)).

Nice work!:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

• 1 month later...