After 2 years, my time has come! (..from CP, Canada!)

Hello there. (heh)

I first heard about the 501st about 2 years ago (I think) and immediately loved the idea of joining everyone in doing Star Wars charity stuff, anyways after a long 2 years (in which I probably should've done planning and stuff but uh.. nope) I'm finally ready to get started on stuff here, which is quite exciting!

Literally any information will help me as I don't remember much from my "research" from back then.
I'm also 6'5 so durable armour suggestions for tall troopers would be super helpful.

Anyways, have a nice day.

(also I might've made a post from back then?? but now seems like a more fitting time to do this.)

Edited by Scout_Troop3R
  • Like 2

Hello and welcome aboard, this thread should help you on you way, good luck with the research 

For local help you could reach out to your local garrison, you can do a search here 

https://501st.com/maps/imagemap-northamerica.php

Map-NorthAmerica.jpg 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Scout_Troop3R said:

I've been thinking that I might go with one of the AM kits for a TK ANH Stunt, it's ABS which is good and I've heard it's made for taller troopers.
time to do a crapload more research

AM is for the bigger trooper so you shouldn't have an issue with height, this is an older thread but with some great info which may help

General Kenobi.

Welcome back, Tyler, and congrats on fervently getting on the path of shiny white armor! Glen pointed you well on AM armor, and the resource thread link he posted will also likely be very helpful. Once you get to building, be sure to post lots of photos and ask lots of questions; we will be here ready to help you along on your journey!

Caleb

Hi Tyler. 
‘Welcome to the FISD. 
I have an AP kit which allows for a bigger birth but not necessarily height. I trooped yesterday with someone who has an AM kit and he is substantially bigger than me and it fit him very well. 

I am 5’10” and about 215 pounds. 
Here is a photo of us (figured this was good for a fellow Canuck).  I am in the AP kit on the left and he is in the AM kit on the right 

7COtcxZ.jpg

3 minutes ago, Doggydoc said:

Hi Tyler. 
‘Welcome to the FISD. 
I have an AP kit which allows for a bigger birth but not necessarily height. I trooped yesterday with someone who has an AM kit and he is substantially bigger than me and it fit him very well. 

I am 5’10” and about 215 pounds. 
Here is a photo of us (figured this was good for a fellow Canuck).  I am in the AP kit on the left and he is in the AM kit on the right 

7COtcxZ.jpg

Hahah! That's awesome! I'm probably going to be getting an AM kit myself, just for the height stuff. Both sets look great too!