Armor from Denuo Novo

I first joined this forum in 2017 after I had ordered First Order armor from Anovos. Of course, I never received that. But, 5 and a half years later, Denuo Novo fulfilled my original order. I was pretty shocked when my armor arrived a couple months ago and my helmet arrived 2 days ago. 

So, I’m now starting the process of getting reacquainted with this forum and where I should begin with putting my costume together. Has anyone else had any experience with the armor from Denuo Novo? Are there any reasons this armor won’t work for 501st approval?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FaderMonkey said:

I first joined this forum in 2017 after I had ordered First Order armor from Anovos. Of course, I never received that. But, 5 and a half years later, Denuo Novo fulfilled my original order. I was pretty shocked when my armor arrived a couple months ago and my helmet arrived 2 days ago. 

So, I’m now starting the process of getting reacquainted with this forum and where I should begin with putting my costume together. Has anyone else had any experience with the armor from Denuo Novo? Are there any reasons this armor won’t work for 501st approval?

Hi David,

Glad you've received your FO  armor kit. (better now than ever :D) .

I would recommend you to take a look to this section , review the build TLJ build threads some troopers have  recently started. Open your own build thread , post photos ask questions.

Remember, "measure twice, cut and glue just once"

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/195-tlj-build-threads/

This one is a very useful index 

:salute:

• Like 1

Great news and glad to hear you finally have your armor.

First Order Battle Group is for anything FOTK.

2 areas which need addressing is the seams on the sides of the abdomen and kidney, also the yoke to chest, both have seams which need to be filled. Some use ABS paste then sand and polish, others fill with Bondo or JB weld and once sanded apply paint.

When in doubt check our Gallery sections

You will also find DN builds in the link Mario posted above.

Good luck with the build 

3 hours ago, FaderMonkey said:

Has anyone else had any experience with the armor from Denuo Novo? Are there any reasons this armor won’t work for 501st approval?

Short answer: nope. 
There is some work involved with filling seams and making it seamless but that’s the nature of every FO-kit out there. Great to hear you received everything, I’m just waiting on the TLJ helmet before I can go for approval. Good luck on your build:duim:

T7pkjq1.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...