I've got a problem...I think.

dblcross

I'm just going to point out the white elephant in the room, Is it me or do all of y'all have an unhealthy obsession with logging in to the forums way to much before BBB day? I cant get enough of the knowledge that's posted on the forums. I'm starting to feel guilty! It's the only thing I want to read if I get online. 

stormtrooper-headache.jpg

• Like 7

I dove into this rabbit hole head-first when I first started and haven't come up for air since, lol.  I never dreamed that there was so much to learn about this crazy hobby, and I've met some of the best people I've ever known on this site.

Yeah, it can definitely be addicting (like Cheez-its), and since there is just so much information here it's possible to spend hours a day (guilty) before and during your build.  BUT, it can be just as (or more) gratifying to stick around and stay active after you get approved.  There are always new folks beginning their TK journey, and it's nice to be able to pass on what you learned to them.

• Like 3

Was on here daily when I first started looking for build info and references, had everything saved on my computer for my BBB to arrive. Back then ATA was a 6 month wait (got up to 9 month's for a time there) so there was plenty of time to learn the in's and outs and what to do and not do.

Some even stay around after they have finished their builds and log in daily, move onto higher levels and even lend a hand locally as a attache. Passing on to others what you have learned is a way to give back to the community for the help you have received, troopers helping troopers :D 

Looking forward to seeing those BBB photos

• Like 1

Yeah, it's kind of an obsession that some just cant get enough of.

Ive been here for  8 years and still manage to learn things more frequently than you would believe.

This community was welcoming and gave me so much that I have always felt compelled to be here every day and give back as much as possible.

Never thought I would be elected as the detachment leader, and I don't take that for granted.

It's a wonderful opportunity to grow this lovely hobby, help others along the way and make these forums the best they can be and inviting for everyone.

I am glad that you feel the need to frequent these boards, it means we have something to offer, or at least something you like enough to want to learn more.

Troopers helping troopers is indeed our unofficial motto, but one that many members live by.

Look forward to your BBB day and future posts and build thread Terry.

• Like 2

I wouldn't say that it is unhealthy! I love being in this amazing place of knowledge, feeling like I'm being a part of the research and preservation of the best costume ever made! Just by learning the details and sharing your own tips of achieving them helps us preserve the truth and bring an even deeper connection and feeling for the people we show them to when we are out on troops!

I remember when I was waiting for my BBB. I spent to much time here and got obsessed and looked at so many EIB and Centurion applications that by the time I received my BBB I had already planned out a schedule and a list of details I needed to fix to reach Centurion! My feeling is that if you're already a nerd and you're doing research and loving it, why not go all the way showing your dedication!

I still cannot help going on here about 10 times a day just refreshing the page to see what the people I follow has commented on, or look for new messages from people such as yourself!

Another thing for me was an obsession to create cool signature banners with all the correct garrison logos and the achievements and stuff to look even more cool on here! I now help others with that but I still get the same feeling! Best forum I've ever been a part of!

Welcome and keep the obsession alive!! :salute::peace:

Edited by Nairy
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...
On 12/24/2022 at 3:10 AM, justjoseph63 said:

I dove into this rabbit hole head-first when I first started and haven't come up for air since, lol.  I never dreamed that there was so much to learn about this crazy hobby, and I've met some of the best people I've ever known on this site.

Yeah, it can definitely be addicting (like Cheez-its), and since there is just so much information here it's possible to spend hours a day (guilty) before and during your build.  BUT, it can be just as (or more) gratifying to stick around and stay active after you get approved.  There are always new folks beginning their TK journey, and it's nice to be able to pass on what you learned to them.

Off subject, but not really, You can make hella good fish sticks with crushed cheez-its. I'm just saying...

Edited by dblcross
  • Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 8:20 AM, Nairy said:

I wouldn't say that it is unhealthy! I love being in this amazing place of knowledge, feeling like I'm being a part of the research and preservation of the best costume ever made! Just by learning the details and sharing your own tips of achieving them helps us preserve the truth and bring an even deeper connection and feeling for the people we show them to when we are out on troops!

I remember when I was waiting for my BBB. I spent to much time here and got obsessed and looked at so many EIB and Centurion applications that by the time I received my BBB I had already planned out a schedule and a list of details I needed to fix to reach Centurion! My feeling is that if you're already a nerd and you're doing research and loving it, why not go all the way showing your dedication!

I still cannot help going on here about 10 times a day just refreshing the page to see what the people I follow has commented on, or look for new messages from people such as yourself!

Another thing for me was an obsession to create cool signature banners with all the correct garrison logos and the achievements and stuff to look even more cool on here! I now help others with that but I still get the same feeling! Best forum I've ever been a part of!

Welcome and keep the obsession alive!! :salute::peace:

Can't wait to get approved so you can work your magic on my banner! I'm already excited and not even official yet.