Dimis ANH TK Build (RS)

Dimiwil

18 hours ago, Dimiwil said:

They explain it in their video, that most of the original stormtrooper have 2 right arms or 2 left arms or legs. They use 2 right shins in their build. 

To say "Most" is basically saying the majority of the suits in the movie were like that which is false, most actually had the correct left and right arms and leg parts, it just happens that the suit casted by RS was like that or missing those parts so they reaused them for the left side.

Edited by ABS80

I have finished the next steps during my "man flu" ;)

img_20230201_181759b2i62.jpg

img_20230201_1817035lipw.jpg

I have reinforced the mounting screws with an additional layer of abs

img_20230201_181709uocrm.jpg

I will try the original strapping on the first troops and then perhaps upgrade to a better one. 

I have some questions about the kidney armor: 

1) As seen on the pictures below, the left side matches perfect, but the right side has a little overhang, although the middle is in perfect line: 

img_20230201_181726lyip0.jpg

img_20230201_181729pkfmb.jpg

2) On the RS build log, they want, that the rivets on the kidney armor are spaced like this from top of the armor: 
bildschirmfoto2023-02izc7l.png

but the CRL said, that the rivets should be equally spaced along the armor. (By the way, I want to achieve Centurion  certification)

3 hours ago, Dimiwil said:

CRL said, that the rivets should be equally spaced along the armor. (By the way, I want to achieve Centurion  certification)

Hi Dimitri and glad to read you're aiming for Centurion Level.

Bellow some references for you. Start with the Ab section , you can mark the places first and come to check before making any hole.

u0c0ok3.png  

sr2V6f6.jpg?1    L0L6i9M.jpg?1

hace 1 hora, Dimiwil dijo:

I get the exact same measurements on the Abs as mentioned by TKSpartan in the last picture:

img_20230202_173023qqi9h.jpg

Perfect! Rivets and the sniper knee, are a couple of the most difficult things to correct if done wrong. Glad to see you've done your "homework".:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

My first strapping steps. It looks ok for now.

When I put on the ab and kidney armor, I have the feeling, that the gap between both armor pieces is too big an I have a bigger gab at the bottom. I hope, that with all the other stuff (strapping, belt etc.), it will fit better.

Also the straps doesn't feel strong, so that it will last multiple troops. In particular on the mounting with the split rivets. Maybe I have to reinforce the holes of the straps on the split rivets. (Or upgrade then directly to snaps)

Here are the progress photos: 

img_20230205_194806s4f7t.jpg

img_20230205_194802pad24.jpg

img_20230205_19484389eip.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good Dimitri! One thing that will help the ab and kidney come together, if it's just a case of overly-stretchy elastic, is your main belt. Once you put that on you can tighten it to help pull your ab and kidney together. On my build I also used non-stretchy nylon on one side the ab-kidney so that the pieces don't pull away from each other. As for your straps not feeling strong, you can always fold them them over themselves so that the elastic is 2 or 3 layers thick where the rivets go through them. Some troopers even put a small scrap piece of ABS plastic inside the elastic folds to add even more reinforcement. I see you're also using washers, which will also help keep the rivets from pulling through the elastic, or the ABS for that matter.

Keep up the good work!

I used a rectangle plate of abs plastic behind the rivets and elastic, gives a little more area to hold, added a touch of E6000 to so the rivet doesn't pull through. Don't' worry about the two tabs and clamps shown below, these just help to stop the sides coming outwards, an addition needed for skinny folk ;) 

nUWBair.jpg

• 1 month later...

Finally I got some time for working on the legs. I will post more pictures in the next days. 
For now, I have a question about the sniper plate: 
It looks, like the sniper plate is too wide to fit. I don't know, if this position is correct: 

img_20230330_220413uof4s.jpg   img_20230330_220440rrigw.jpg

img_20230330_22045020d8j.jpg

The pencil lines on the second picture shows the border of the shin armor on the inside. 

What do you think? 

• Like 1

New update: 
The belt is finished, almost finished. The holster is on the way:

img_20230405_191420tmcsq.jpg

img_20230405_191427bofc8.jpg  img_20230405_191532jdea5.jpg

And the thermal detonator:

img_20230405_222621k1cq5.jpg

img_20230405_222628sdfcj.jpg

I have to paint the screws, they have to be black. 

The first fitting with the body and the belt looks good, but something isn't correct with the shoulders:

img_20230405_213729vuijp.jpg

The gap between shoulder and chest armor seems a little bit too big, and the shoulders pull out the white strapping of the chest and the back armor. :angry2:

Perhaps the cutline of the shoulders are to straight from top to bottom?

Screen reference shoulder bells have a slight curve.

sml_gallery_12157_15_48577.jpg

Some double over the elastic which gives a little more stiffness to the shoulder straps.

• Like 1

To answer the question on your shins, the sniper plate trim lines you’ll want to make sure are just barely enough to cover the inner shin top otherwise your trim lines look decent.

For your belt, you might want to consider trimming a notch out of the drop box straps so the snaps fit through better. It’s not necessary, but it might help the boxes to not gradually shift out away from the snaps and out of place.

f4b3b216356d3b3220a0bc2772e34abd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Hi, 
unfortunately, I currently have very little time to continue working on the armor. But I will post the smaller updates here time by time. 
I finally found time to paint the boots. How do you find the result?

img_20230606_214858jyipv.jpg

They were black riding boots that I dyed with leather dye.

• Like 1