New and clueless

I knew I wanted an as authentic suit as I could find. I purchased a complete custom build from RS Prop masters. I wanted to build one from scratch but I have some time restrictions and figured it was better to buy one. I would love to build one someday. I will be months (12 weeks) before I get it! Once it does then whats next

Philip,

Welcome aboard. If you ordered a complete suit from RS, you’re well on your way. While you’re here, feel free to ask as many questions as you can think of and be sure to share your progress when BBB (Big Brown Box) day is here. As you said over on the FB page, it does seem like there’s a lot to take in, but everyone here will be more than happy to help you navigate through everything. 
Welcome again!

Hello and welcome aboard, RS is a great kit, you may find you might have to adjust some strapping that's pretty much all most find with commission builds.

Looking forward to seeing those BBB's soon.

8 hours ago, Dallas219 said:

I knew I wanted an as authentic suit as I could find. I purchased a complete custom build from RS Prop masters. I wanted to build one from scratch but I have some time restrictions and figured it was better to buy one. I would love to build one someday. I will be months (12 weeks) before I get it! Once it does then whats next

good kit and I understand the reasoning. You may find you have to adjust the fit to get it just right or even trim some things, make new or adjust the strapping. It should be close but don’t expect perfection and comfort right out of the box. That’s what I learned anyways.

Welcome to the FISD, Philip!  Tim has a thread (link below) that will explain every step in detail.  Hope this helps!

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30456-how-to-join-the-501st-legion-as-an-imperial-stormtrooper-tk/

• 1 month later...

Welcome Philip!

I had to wait 12 months for my RS kit too, it was tough time just waiting! What you can do is to gather supplies and tools and maybe some colors (Humbrol Enamel Satin 85, Humbrol Enamel Gloss 5, Humbrol Enamel Matte 109) and stuff so you are ready to begin making adjustments as you need them! I also just browsed a lot of Expert Infantry and Centurion status request threads while waiting :)

The suit from RS is usually a straight pass into the 501st and there shouldn't be any problems! If you have any problems however - welcome to the FISD, you are in the right place for questions! :salute:

Do you plan on reaching the higher level of requirements such as Expert Infantry and Centurion?