Hello from Kansas City, Missouri!

Hi everyone! My name is Zack and I'm 32 years old. Been a lurker around here for a while, looking at others builds. I've wanted to wear Stormtrooper armor since I was a kid. 8 months ago I finally decided to pursue it seriously. I reached out to Troopermaster and commissioned a full set of ESB armor. He notified me yesterday that my build was finished and I couldn't be more excited! The pictures look amazing and I can't wait to have it in hand and do the final fit and touches. Not sure how long the final fit will take me to get right for qualification, but I'm hoping to be able to submit for a TK  in the 501st this year.

I've been looking into electronics options for the helmet. Thinking I want the voice changer, hearing assist system, and fans. I don't consider myself a very skilled craftsman (hence the commission route above lol), so I could definitely use some pointers and advice when it comes to installing. I've been working on improving my crafting skills through scale model building over the last 6 months. Mostly Gundam, but I did do a 1/144 scale Millennium Falcon build that was pretty fun. The model building has definitely given me the confidence to at least attempt some armor customizations. 

Thanks for being such an awesome community! Wish me luck!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, Zack! :-)

I’m sure your armour will be stunning when it arrives. TM is one of the best builders around.

For electronics, perhaps consider suppliers such as TroopaCoola, TRAmp, UKSWrath. All make great quality kit.

If you’re on a budget, a simple Aker MR1505 is also a good, cheap option for a stormtrooper voice system. (Just remember though, they don’t really “change” your voice, they just help to make it louder).

I’ve done various videos on stormtroopers, voice systems, fan systems etc if you fancy a look.

Welcome to the legion, Zack!

Best wishes
CableGuy Dan

Hello and welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing your BBB photos soon.

Once you are kitted up you could post some photos in our pre approval area, it's a good way of getting feedback and any hints for alignment and spacing before contacting your GML (garrison membership liaison)

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/193-request-tk-pre-approval/

You can find some info on electronics in this thread 

Welcome aboard Zack! I wholeheartedly agree with Glen on the Tk pre approval. It really helps the approval process go smoothly, plus you get to learn a lot about your shiny new armor