First time builder, stumbling through - Anovos ABS Shims, Help!

Eliteski2

Hi All!  I'm working on my first ever build, and learning lots as I go.  I picked up an Anovos kit on Facebook Marketplace that came already trimmed, so I don't have any of the scrap (relevant later).  On recommendation, I'm following the UKSWrath build instructions and it's been going great so far!  I have forearms, biceps, and shins complete.  Moving to the issue I'm currently wrestling.  I am working on pre-assembly for the abs/kidney plate, and someone made my kit a little too small. 

360900693_AbsKidneyRight-Pre-assembly.thumb.jpg.8b7a81f2a12cec1299fd75fe9fe58d92.jpg50694652_AbsKidneyLeft-Pre-assembly.thumb.jpg.c488860d84d18d41e24751fa7f16b558.jpg

With the pieces touching on one side, I have about a 6 inch gap on the other side.  I know I will need to shim that 3 inches on both sides, however I understand that it's very difficult to match the white of Anovos ABS.  Does that mean impossible?  Does anyone have a source to get some?  Should I just buy TrooperBay white extensions and it'll be good enough?

I know I can't be the first person with this problem.  Thank you in advance!

David

Hi David, I think this thread could be helpful  , and about the color matching, I'm not familiar with Trooper Bay's ABS white, but when I had that kind of issue when making some Anovos armor repair, I have used some white paint and it matched fine.  let see if someone else can give a better tip on this.  good luck

:salute:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi David, I think this thread could be helpful  , and about the color matching, I'm not familiar with Trooper Bay's ABS white, but when I had that kind of issue when making some Anovos armor repair, I have used some white paint and it matched fine.  let see if someone else can give a better tip on this.  good luck

:salute:

I will match my Anovos to trooper bay white right now. I have a few trooper bay pieces.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with painting the whole thing, but keep in mind you'll have to paint the bucket also. Now I've heard that WTF! is pretty a close color match.

Honestly, if the TM shim pieces aren't close enough in color for your taste, I'd consider selling it and going with an AM or PandaMOD kit. Anovos are notoriously difficult to fit to larger troopers and may not be the best choice for your body type. /$0.02