ATA ANH assembly

PICTreed

I've had the armor for 4 years.  I don't know anything!  But I'm going to do what I can.

I'm planning on an ANH Stunt to Centurion standards and plan on trooping with the Star Garrison....ok, maybe I know a bit.

I have the boots from Imperial Boots in a 43, 44, and 45...don't ask, it hurts.  I'm stretching the 45's now so maybe they will be ready by the time I'm done with armor.  I broke an ankle skydiving so that boot may need some additional work...we will see if the swelling goes down.

If you're local to DFW I'd be down to helping you decide which boot size you need.  Maybe we need an exchange program...give deposit, try on boot, get deposit back???

Forearms

I got a bit of glue on a spot I'll have to take care of.  I've switched to E6000 and magnets from the magnet discussion.  If you haven't seen the new source for magnets you should check it out.

Edited by PICTreed

On 1/9/2021 at 7:12 PM, PICTreed said:

Question on thighs.  I need to get some more room so is it ok to use a 3/4" strip on front and a 1" on back and will they still pass for Centurion?

9RKzJ9T.jpg

Yes however, doing this will effect the outer visual, meaning the outer return edge corners will be uneven top to bottom. If you're going to shim it then ensure the corner is uniform the full length of the thigh. Also, you'll need to duplicate the same on the other thigh so that both legs are uniform.  Hope this helps 

1 hour ago, ukswrath said:

Yes however, doing this will effect the outer visual, meaning the outer return edge corners will be uneven top to bottom. If you're going to shim it then ensure the corner is uniform the full length of the thigh. Also, you'll need to duplicate the same on the other thigh so that both legs are uniform.  Hope this helps 

Sorry, maybe I didn't explain it right.  The cover strip in the front will be continuous 3/4" top to bottom.  The back of the leg the cover strip will be 1" top to bottom.  

That gap in the middle may be misdirecting my question.  I'll squeeze them together so the trim piece will sit just above the bend in the armor continuously top to bottom.

I'll line up the knee parts which as you can see makes them uneven at the top but I'll trim that on the outer part and the trim piece but I'll reference photos first.

Tim

Edited by PICTreed

There is no stead fast way to finish the tops of the thighs, they can be stepped, trimmed on an angle to match, flat across the top, and even given a slight return edge if you feel like it, the coverstrip will do most of the work for appearance, personally it trimmed mine across and added a small return edge as I have skinny legs.

Some references of the tops of thighs

gallery_12157_15_51563.jpggallery_12157_15_26413.jpggallery_12157_15_39631.jpg

gallery_12157_59_54892.jpggallery_12157_59_32648.jpg

• Like 3

Shouldn't be an issue. We try to keep standard sizing on the front as that is what is seen from the public, then add more on the rear if you need more space

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, PICTreed said:

What kind of a shim please?

These threads may be of help