tk-roamer requests pre-approval of ANH Hero or TK HWT (make unknown)

tk-roamer

Apologies if this is not allowed in this section or if there's an error with how I added photos from imgur. Seeking feedback on whether it's worth trying to make this armor work for me or go back to the drawing board. I've identified some deviations from the CRL but feel TK HWT or ANH Hero would require the fewest edits.

1. Jennifer Weller

2. Future Florida Garrison, Tampa Bay Squad

3. Armor maker: unknown

4. Helmet maker: unknown

5. Cloth belt maker: n/a, this is a hard belt and needs canvas

6. Neck seal: home made

7. Boot maker: unknown

8. Interior straps: mix of elastic, velcro, snaps

9. Blaster maker: modified Hasbro for the E-11, unknown possibly homemade DLT-19 or T-21

10. Gasket maker: unknown

11. Height: 5'3 / 1.6 m

12. Weight: 130 lbs / 60 kg

13. TK Type: probably Heavyweight Trooper, possibly ANH Hero

14. Troopers who helped: justjoseph63 pointed me to the HWT

Photos posted at: imageproxy.php?img=&key=851e7fe7478f9e8c img%5D

y6Map29.jpg

OEuCVLE.jpg

ihjXa1B.jpg

ojXX7gU.jpg

kjFccf7.jpg 00JOGDI.jpg

AopycqS.jpg  I9X8VAI.jpg

0Cvl16O.jpg

OOh4gP3.jpg

0Cvl16O.jpg

pSfciuf.jpg

KvvyH3h.jpg

zquT2OZ.jpg

OKhPwT4.jpg

pRG5jXl.jpg 

Edited by tk-roamer
Correct link to photos

What you have there is an old set of FX armor, Jennifer, and I'm afraid I have some bad news...  Unfortunately the helmet is not allowed for even Basic 501st approval and the armor will need a ton of work.  I am personally not familiar with any of the weapons shown, and the pack style is a mystery.

To be honest, I would seriously consider purchasing a new kit from one of the vendors here.  That way, you can build it tailor made to your frame and make it approvable for 501st membership.

Is it a lot of work to build a set of armor?  You bet, but we are here to help every step of the way!

Just two days ago we welcomed Jennifer in the New Member Introductions and she then followed the advice to post pictures here. :duim:

Now that she did so, we only have such bad news for her. :blush: What a shame.

It sounds hard, but I agree with @justjoseph63. A new suit can be trimmed to much better fit your size. On the current suit, the chest armor even overlaps the belt. :huh: And this is just one of many, many things being wrong with this armor.

While it might be okay for Halloween or Party events, it is by far not sufficient to meet the 501st criteria, even not for basic approval. So sorry.

All, thanks for the feedback. I figured it'd shake out that way, so no hard feelings. 

The original goal was to get my husband, Harry, kitted out and that order has been placed. So still making headway. 

Edited by tk-roamer
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, tk-roamer said:

All, thanks for the feedback. I figured it'd shake out that way, so no hard feelings. 

The original goal was to get my husband, Harry, kitted out and that order has been placed. So still making headway. 

I am happy to see you here from the Florida Garrison forums, Jennifer. I agree with Joseph's and Tino's evaluation. If you have any questions moving forward, we are all here to help you however we can!