My first troop any advice

Trooperman

All good advise! Ive done about 7 troops since cleared in April, and have so far not had any major problems with kids, or teenagers...yet *knocks on wood* lol. Ive done a few charity events, a couple of conventions and a few LFL promo events, all went great. The one thing i def would recommend, as was before, is a repair kit of some sort. I usually just bring some CA/superglue, a little velcro and spare battieries for my fans and amp. so far that seems to be sufficing. I did need the glue a coupleof times so its def a good thing to have. Also be sure to eat a little before hand and make sure you had a good amount to drink. Ill usually eat/drink about an hour before a troop when i can so i can do my bussiness before i suit up and not have to worry about the bathroom issue. The banana is a good idea to bring also..im gonna take that advise! ha! Also,sometimes ill put sticky notes on my tote to remember to bring my undersuit and neckseal too...just in case..ha. Most of all have fun, its addicting..aftermy first troop, i havent wanted to stop and was bummed i had to miss certain events cuz of work. Ive even trooped with a couple of other garrisons, its great fun and im sure you'll be a "trooper" in no time!

Yeah, the cheese part is over my head, too.

Here in the south we concentrate on crawdads, catfish and pork rinds.

The cheddar bit is a personal eccentricity stemming from my first troop. Bit of a long running joke. ;-)

A bollard is a 1m high post , usualy set in concrete and made either from the same or Steel. Used to stop traffic from entering pedestrianised areas.

The cheddar bit is a personal eccentricity stemming from my first troop. Bit of a long running joke. ;-)

A bollard is a 1m high post , usualy set in concrete and made either from the same or Steel. Used to stop traffic from entering pedestrianised areas.

meter?

just kidding. :lol:

If and when I make it to the UK, I'll make sure to bring plenty of cheddar to share.

It is assumed that you will be giving us a report about your first troop. :D

I will let Kev fill you in on the details, but i just had to say he did a 1st class job for his first time out in armour.

Well done mate, it was a pleasure inducting you and trooping with you.

But wheres my bloody Cheddar!!!!! Don't think I didn't notice it in your armour tub. :P

just a few teaser pics;

The troop location :

spinnaker.jpg

spinnaker_tower_02.jpg

The usual suspects:

IMG_4926.jpg

Me, Kev , Declan,Chris,Sig.

I will let Kev fill you in on the details, but i just had to say he did a 1st class job for his first time out in armour.

Well done mate, it was a pleasure inducting you and trooping with you.

But wheres my bloody Cheddar!!!!! Don't think I didn't notice it in your armour tub. :P

just a few teaser pics;

The troop location :

spinnaker.jpg

spinnaker_tower_02.jpg

The usual suspects:

IMG_4926.jpg

Me, Kev , Declan,Chris,Sig.

Ok ,I think my fingers have defrosted enough to say wot a fantastic 1st troop .I started the day being introduced to the guys and wot a great bunch of guys they were. Matt im holding on to the cheddar till we troop again mate :D I started the day as a spotter making sure the troopers were ok and to just keep an eye open for any body getting a little to excited .then Matt told myself and the other newb Declan ITS TIME :icon_eek: I then proceded to get into the armour i had taken so long to make ,i was ready ..i walked 10 or so feet and my right drop box fell of in front of my wife kids and outlaws :blush: at nearly the same time my thigh leg decided to unpop and fall down thank God Matt was on hand as a spotter to sought the problem out and snapped the popper back in,then of i went and loved it every minute, ,4 hours of trooping at the tower ,wot a fantastic setting , this is wot i had waited so long for and know ive got the bug MORE TROOPS the day was fantastic maybe a little cold later on but nothing to force us troopers inside :o .Matt ,Luke,Simon ,Declan,Chris,Marek,Dave,Richard, thankyou for being top guys ,so cool to meet people who have a common interest i look forward to trooping with you guys again :salute:

Nice job Kevin, it's a fun and fulfilling hobby we have here. :)

After each troop you learn something new about how your costume needs to be tweaked, adjusted, etc. It takes a while to totally shake it out, and trooping your living room just doesn't do it. For example, at my first troop my belt constantly popped open, among other things. Now, several troops and adjustments later, you practically need a crowbar to get it off.

all this sounds very helpfull. 2 questions what is a LFL event and what did carbonite kid mean by art of the tart ???????

LFL = Lucas Film Ltd . A LFL event would require troopers to stay in character at all times and keep lids on, no additions to costumes etc. Not a prob for those of us in the UKG as we treat every event as if it was a LFL event. :)

Art of the Tart = The ability ( some say gift given by a higher power ;):lol: ) to flirt outrageously with members of the opposite sex whilst still remaining in character. Once the domain of the Biker Scouts ,and perfected by the legendary Dan Cooper, the art of the tart has now been developed for use by the TK's because , lets face it, anything a tree dodger can do we can do better. Examples of this in practise are:

InvasiononSpinakerTower-Portsmoutch.jpg

JohnLewis41.jpg

IMG_2994.jpg

th_VideoofJohnLewis-Photobucket-Videoa.jpg

;):lol: