Black outline on traps

Got my traps painted grey and was wondering if anyone has a suggestion or tip on painting the black outline. So far I'm thinking gloss black model paint and really fine brush.  How did you do it?  Thanks Ben

Hi Ben,

Personally, I use Satin black for mine for a slightly aged look. Here’s the process I use;

That’s part of a full series of helmet building and painting videos so I hope they help. :-)

Best wishes
Dan.
  • Like 1

For any troublesome/wobbly areas you could go over with a fin permanent marker ;) 

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2020 at 12:02 AM, CableGuy said:

Hi Ben,

Personally, I use Satin black for mine for a slightly aged look. Here’s the process I use;

That’s part of a full series of helmet building and painting videos so I hope they help. :-)

Best wishes
Dan.

I appreciate you taking the time to make these vids. I watched the series and grabbed the last Testor’s color I needed today as well as some brushes from Hobby Lobby. I’ve learned a lot and can’t wait for my kit to arrive to try these techniques.

• Like 1

I appreciate you taking the time to make these vids. I watched the series and grabbed the last Testor’s color I needed today as well as some brushes from Hobby Lobby. I’ve learned a lot and can’t wait for my kit to arrive to try these techniques.

A pleasure, trooper. I’m really pleased that they are helpful. :-)