A really bothersome problem...

So,I have this really annoying problem with my left leg. The back of my shin and thigh squeeze together, and give me horrible pain from it.

Pzpenso.jpg

Is there any way I can trim down my shins alittle bit, or cut off some of the lip and still remain accurate?

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Ouch! That looks like a rather painful armor kiss. I had the same problem with my shin pieces; when they ride up over the top of the boot, I get a nice kiss right on the Achilles tendon. I have a fix for the problem, I just need to get it done. Definitely trim that up!

Can you get us a side-by-side pic on your built shins? It is a common mistake to have the shins put together incorrectly on the AP kits, I did it on mine ^_^.

They should be placed so that the pieces with the most curve are on the inside of each calf. I know there is a pic somewhere in one of the AP builds.

Yeah the (I nearly said 50p shaped part should be the outer one then) hexagonal half should be the outer half

If you have done them incorrectly, you can trim the bottom and then use a model areoplance sealing iron to return the inward lip back onto the cut piece

This will lower your calf piece away from your calf

Or, raise you thigh piece somehow?

I can't visualise AP ATM but you maybe able to trim the top of the back of your calf anyway

I would also realy like to see some pis of how other TK's have trimmed their back of the knee armor, as I have the same pinching problem.

It looks to me (On the FX I have) that I can not trim the bottom of the rear thigh without losing the lip molding around the knee, same goes for the top of the shins.

The velcro is an interesting idea, but I'd rather not add any more visible strapping then I already have. If all else fails I may just sew a knee brace/pad out of sports equipment liner padding.

Any help/pictures would be great.

Thanks