Attachment limit

CableGuy

Hi team,

I no longer appear to be able to post embedded links to my YouTube build videos and I believe it’s because my attachment limit is reached - as below;

0a9dfb22919b79952666567ef4b880c8.jpg&key=0c94edf2f3a076d315bb7b8f87a1c71a867f4ed1e819dad1c40adfb515cf5274

I’ve logged in to my account but can’t find an easy way to review and delete relevant old attachments.

My attachments cannot be located, apparently:

985949252cf3aedb6df1b02f2d9af106.png

Could anyone advise me on this, please?

Thanks in advance
Dan

Hi Dan, yep looks like you have exceeded your limit. When I look in the back end it appears to be mainly photos of your E-11 from 2017 that take up file space. If they are part of a build thread then it might lose some relevance if deleted.

It appears you saved them as attachments rather than a file service like Imgur, so perhaps load them on Imgur in preparation then try delete them from the posts.

If that fails we can try and remove them for you.

Hi Dan, yep looks like you have exceeded your limit. When I look in the back end it appears to be mainly photos of your E-11 from 2017 that take up file space. If they are part of a build thread then it might loose some elevance if deleted.

Thanks, Andrew.

The system seems to show there are only 8 or so photos/attachments. If so, if I could find out which ones they are, they could be deleted and replaced with external links (Tapatalk or imgur).

Thanks in advance.

Are you embedding the link or just copy and pasting in the "share" link, I find there are no issues using the "share" link

Are you embedding the link or just copy and pasting in the "share" link, I find there are no issues using the "share" link

Hi Glen,
I was trying to embed the link (as it looks nicer, lol). Sharing the plain text to the link works fine. :-)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Hi Glen,
I was trying to embed the link (as it looks nicer, lol). Sharing the plain text to the link works fine. :-)

I edited your post and used the share links, appears to work for me, perhaps as I'm using computer!

• Like 1

I edited your post and used the share links, appears to work for me, perhaps as I'm using computer!

Ah, thanks Glen. I’ll try the same next time and see if I get the same result. :-)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Glen @gmrhodes13

I finally got around to deleting the "attachments" from my Blaster thread (as my Youtube links were't working again) as they were the ones taking up space. However, even though I deleted them from the thead poast itself, the attachments still show up in the "my attachments" section of my profile.

Any ideas on how to master delete them, please?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

8 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Hi Glen @gmrhodes13

I finally got around to deleting the "attachments" from my Blaster thread (as my Youtube links were't working again) as they were the ones taking up space. However, even though I deleted them from the thead poast itself, the attachments still show up in the "my attachments" section of my profile.

Any ideas on how to master delete them, please?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

I'd suggest posting in the Tech section, that's a little over my pay grade ;) 

• Like 1

Dan, you should have unlimited storage space for attachments as you are on staff now.

I've checked your settings and it does say "Unlimited".

As to your old attachments, I can see the dates for them and can delete from the back end. There are 8 total, all from 2017.

I cant see what they are from there but they do say they were removed by the poster.

They will be gone momentarily.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

Dan, you should have unlimited storage space for attachments as you are on staff now.

I've checked you settings and it does say "Unlimited".

As to your old attachments, I can see the dates for them and can delete from the back end. There are 8 total, all from 2017.

I cant see what they are from there but they do say they were removed by the poster.

They will be gone momentarily.

Just a question on this, what happens if you leave staff, I guess your limit drops so do ALL of your additions "staff added" images stay? 

I have notice that it reads attachment size over limit so you just cant add anymore off staff, it doesn't seem to remove them.

Just now, Sly11 said:

I have notice that it reads attachment size over limit so you just cant add anymore off staff, it doesn't seem to remove them.

Good to know, just in case ;) 

14 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Yep, mailbox is the same. Something to make note of.

• Like 1