Omfg! Commercials block out star wars parade

RaptorArts

I was watching the Star wars march on tv and right when the storm troopers get on screen "BOOM!" commercials and when comercials are over 2 floats later non star wars. I stayed for the repeat and comercial break even earlier blocking out nearly the entire storm trooper division!!!

This pissed me off so bad I want to wright a complaint to the tv station and the idiots who thought comercial breaks in the middle of star wars was a good idea. I didnt even get to see the 2nd float! Only a mention of it in the awards section after the parade. This is insaine!

Who else had this problem?

Who has full coverage of the star wars march and parade

Who is wiling to sue the shucks out of those television brodcaster idiots!!!

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

It wasn't that great,you didn't miss much trust me, just about 15 seconds of them...and our Male comentator saying that those guys should find a job or something... :lol: I thought it was funny :D

It was Bob Eubanks saying something that we were nothing more than "groupies who need to get a job" It has caused a big stink over on the main site.

Now thats just low... I have a few words for that host and they aint nice ones either. Get a day job indeed.... Got a link to the main site forum?

Instead of commercials I got an interview with a singer. Good thing it was on 2 channels.

I'd also encourage people to email the network about Eubanks comments. Might not hurt to have any local charities to chime in too.

It was Bob Eubanks saying something that we were nothing more than "groupies who need to get a job" It has caused a big stink over on the main site.

Yeah, the Idiot doesn't know how much time and money is spent on our armor :lol:

The Legion XO just informed the 501st that Bob Eubanks contacted the Rose Parade Chairman and apologized to to him and to the 501st Legion. Apparently, Bob had not received the brief about the 501st Legion and was not aware of our organization and our mission/charter.

It got my goat when he said what he did, doesn't matter if he was briefed or not. There are things you just do not say whether he thought it funny or what I don't know but I sure as hell didn't laugh. Talk about putting the foot in the mouth.

Well, that's my rant. At least he apologised :pint1::pint1::pint1::peace:

Thanks troops! We did our best out there. I was in the color guard carrying the Hawaiian flag. Hope I did them proud! The whole experience was super f'n awesome and I already miss all my new found friends. It was great to finally meet Paul and Greg.

Thanks troops! We did our best out there. I was in the color guard carrying the Hawaiian flag. Hope I did them proud! The whole experience was super f'n awesome and I already miss all my new found friends. It was great to finally meet Paul and Greg.

I understand Bob's comments were edited out in later airings, so the message was definitely received on their end. Great meeting you and Greg as well, in addition to many of my TK brothers out there. Dang there are some talented people in this club. Saw Kevin's ANHv2 helmet in person and it's far better looking than how it appears in photos. We took pix of it alongside an AP & TE and should post pix up soon.

Ohs, so you guys know, everyone who personally emailed Bob Eubanks via his website probaly received an apology email from him.

I know I did, along with a few other 501st members.

Could you post it here just for prosperities sake?

Heres a copy of the leter he sent me. I forgot to post it above. I bet its a copy paste letter but it works i suppose...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Vince-

Just a note to say how deeply sorry I am if I offended anyone in your group. I calculate that we spent approximately ten minutes on the Star Wars presentation and were most complimentary of the entire Star Wars project and the Grand Marshal, George Lucas. Unfortunately, the background information I received did not explain the fact that most of your group are professionals and that your major focus is charity work. There is no doubt that I have a ?tongue in cheek? sense of humor, but I sincerely want to stress that in no way did I intend to offend you or any member of your group.

Please accept my heartfelt apology and I commend you on the fine work you do in the name of your group.

Sincerely,

Bob Eubanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The same email he sent everyone. This issue has been addressed at a higher level and Bob Eubanks called and apologized to our LCO Mark Fordham personally.

We'll always be branded geeks, nerds, or whatever. The best thing to do is ti educate and teach the person some humility rather than come out barking. Sure, I was pissed at first, unfortunately I did so on camera to the documentary crew, but I'm over it now and I think now that he's been educated, he may now be an asset to the 501st. Ya never know!

I thought it was a copy paste type letter. Thats politics for ya. Im over it now but it did steam me up when I heard about it.

Now im just looking for FX Stormtrooper armour "Supposedly the best and thickest out there.

Ill be deleting the bookmark on this thread so if I dont reply thats why LOL :)

My favorites are too full as it is :P

It got my goat when he said what he did, doesn't matter if he was briefed or not. There are things you just do not say whether he thought it funny or what I don't know but I sure as hell didn't laugh. Talk about putting the foot in the mouth.

Well, that's my rant. At least he apologised :pint1::pint1::pint1::peace:

Yeah, what made it suck even more is that I don't recall him saying anything negative about any of the other club or orginisations, well, I'll just stick with the "in house" LFL stuff, were you are more apreciated and taken care of allot better :D