Centurion updates

I wanted to upgrade my TK to centurion and I am actively working off of the checklist to update my kit. I was wondering if there were any glaring issues with my kit that would immediately disqualify it from centurion status. I am completely okay with ordering new parts if it is required but I really don’t want too. If you need additional photos please feel free to ask and I will quickly provide them! Thank you for the help!

IMG_0666.JPGIMG_0673.JPGIMG_0671.JPGIMG_0672.JPGIMG_0670.JPGIMG_0669.JPGIMG_0665.JPGIMG_0664.JPGIMG_0668.JPGIMG_0667.JPGIMG_0663.JPGIMG_0662.JPGIMG_0661.JPGIMG_0676.JPGIMG_0675.JPGIMG_0677.JPGIMG_0674.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a few bits which are standing out, rather than one of us doing all the work for you what I would advise is looking through some of the recent approved centurion applications, you'll notice quite a few things, research is the key and it's part of reaching the higher levels. FYI you need to apply for EIB first ;) 

Also go through the CRL pretty much most info on what is required is there http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

Good luck

I AGREE w/GMR.... RESEARCH IS KEY.... you need to know what your building up to ...
You can tell us also who made ur kit....
Your HEIGHT & WEIGHT....
I also HIGHLY SUGGEST knowing how to apply to EIB 1st.... EIB IS A PRECURSOR TO CENTURION...
We are here to help & keep us posted !!!

Guess I’ll try to help out. 

I’m not Centurion and obviously if you want to get the title of Centurion through this forum you need to explore the option of EIB first.  It’s a “rank” based program you need one before the other.  Normally people apply for EIB through the EIB section of the forum and you get lots of valuable feedback. You, I assume unknowingly, skipped the step and obviously got none. You can also get your armor to Centurion specifications and not apply for the title just because you want it that way doesn’t mean you have to apply for the title. I’d just advise about calling yourself Centurion without having the forum title, it might get people around here upset. 

As for the armor itself it looks pretty well made. I’m no pro just a guy answering I some questions but it looks like the bolts on the TD would need to be replaced, cod snap added, hovi tips need painting, probably a few other things mentioned in the CRL I’m missing.  Some people will probably say your brows too low, your ears are a degree off as well, but I don’t think that’ll hold you back. Most of it is probably cosmetic but not seeing the pics of you with the armor on makes it hard to see how it fits. 

The link below should take you to the EIB section (if I added it properly). Make sure to check the CRL as stated above and apply for EIB  first. Both titles are going to require an application and various pics of you in armor and close ups of other pieces. Good luck and feel free to ask questions someone will help you out. 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/19-request-expert-infantryman-status/

• Like 2

Hi Tanner and welcome to the FISD.  

It's awesome that you want to aim for Centurion - the extra work is totally worth it.  As mentioned above, you will have to apply to EIB first but all the requirements for Centurion are listed in the CRL (link provided above).  Also, check out other centurion applications here: 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/72-request-centurion-status/

To help us out, try to take some pictures with the armour on you as well.  You may want to start a build thread and post images and ask questions there.  Based on the pictures above, there are a few things that will need to be addressed, so having a dedicated thread to post progress pictures and receive feedback will be the most helpful.

Build threads are here:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/

Is the armour FX?  If so, there are tutorials on how to upgrade it to EIB in the tutorials section - among many other things.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/79-tutorials-tips-and-howtos/

Good luck!

• Like 2

Hey man! Not to be too negative, but there is a lot that will need to be updated. I believe it's doable, as the armor itself doesn't look too bad, but the majority of your fasteners and connection points will need to be addressed. As stated, EIB will be first, but I'll note anything I see up to Centurion. I may miss some stuff, and we would absolutely want to see more pics to be sure, but I'll try to dig into each photo and let you know what I see.

On 10/10/2019 at 6:05 PM, kingsredarmy said:

IMG_0666.JPG

Your fasteners will need to be updated here - black-painted, flat or dome top style screws, are accurate. The belt clips are supposed to be positioned with little to no gap between the clips and the end caps. as well - the right side has a big gap. The whole tube looks a little long as well. See the below for reference.

TD%20measurements.jpg

IMG_0673.JPG

Your holster appears to be mounted to your belt pretty high up. It should only be about 1.5cm from the bottom edge. Your belt also does not appear to be reinforced and "firm and sturdy in appearance", so that may be an upgrade to consider as well.

gallery_12157_50_43228.jpg

IMG_0671.JPGIMG_0672.JPG

The cover strips (especially on the bottom) on your forearms appear to be way bigger than the accurate 15mm width. I also see return edge at your wrists that will need to be removed as well.

IMG_0670.JPG

IMG_0669.JPG

Hard to see... but is there even a cover strip on the top edge of the bicep armor here? If so, it should also be 15mm.

IMG_0665.JPGIMG_0664.JPG

Rivets will need to be removed and the holes filled and sanded. The cover strips also appear to be too long as they are curving inward at the bottom.

IMG_0668.JPGIMG_0667.JPG

Black elastic at the shoulders will need to be replaced with white elastic. They also look SUPER long, so I can't imagine they fit very well...  Most guys have maybe 3" of elastic visible between the two connecting points on the chest and back. You will also need some thin white elastic tie downs to hold the bridges to the back armor for Centurion. Your shoulder bridges may also be too wide, as it looks like they are hanging off the side of the chest armor where they are attached... And I can't see, but if they are attached with rivets, they will need to be removed, filled, and sanded as well.

IMG_0663.JPG

There appears to be a shim on the right side of the armor in this photo - it will need to be cleaned up significantly to blend in better with the armor. It looks to be both too short and glued on top. It will need to be glued in line and sanded smooth if utilized. In this photo, it is also visible that there is no cod strap or fasteners present - they will need to be added as similar to the below.

95e68365743fef9db8aa7ea5fcb4e0b0.jpg

IMG_0662.JPG

Your rivets are too far from the edge (10mm is correct) and should not have holes in them (they should be split rivets). Also consider cutting a kidney notch, though it is optional. The posterior shape looks a little off to me as well. 

IMG_0661.JPG

Nothing jumps out at me here. You may consider adding snaps or velcro to keep your ammo belt in the correct place, just under the button panel.

IMG_0676.JPGIMG_0675.JPGIMG_0677.JPGIMG_0674.JPG

It may be the photo or the construction, but the wearer's left ear is looks MUCH higher than the right one. It probably needs to be removed, trimmed/reshaped, and reattached. You also appear to have "Hero" style bubble lenses in an otherwise "Stunt" helmet. Lenses should be flat. The Vocoder paint is way off and will need to be redone. The brow is much too low and the brow trim should be shortened a bit at the ends. The tube stripes should extend further and should be much closer to the cheek - ideally a #2 pencil's width away - they will need to be reapplied. Finally, the screens in your mic tips are too pushed in, and the lip and interior of the mic tips will need to be white.

IMG_7436.jpg

Hopefully that all helps and keeps you busy for a while! Please post some progress pics and photos of you in the armor for us when you have a chance! Good luck!

Edited by TheRascalKing

There are a few bits which are standing out, rather than one of us doing all the work for you what I would advise is looking through some of the recent approved centurion applications, you'll notice quite a few things, research is the key and it's part of reaching the higher levels. FYI you need to apply for EIB first  

Also go through the CRL pretty much most info on what is required is there http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

Good luck

Thank you for you response! I have someone that has centurion status helping me, that I just found out about after I posted this, with the upgrades to the kit. I was just wondering if their were and parts that would need to be replace because they were beyond repair because I felt it would be easier to ask than me guessing that everything is okay and its not.

Edited by kingsredarmy

Hi Tanner and welcome to the FISD.  

It's awesome that you want to aim for Centurion - the extra work is totally worth it.  As mentioned above, you will have to apply to EIB first but all the requirements for Centurion are listed in the CRL (link provided above).  Also, check out other centurion applications here: 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/72-request-centurion-status/

To help us out, try to take some pictures with the armour on you as well.  You may want to start a build thread and post images and ask questions there.  Based on the pictures above, there are a few things that will need to be addressed, so having a dedicated thread to post progress pictures and receive feedback will be the most helpful.

Build threads are here:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/

Is the armour FX?  If so, there are tutorials on how to upgrade it to EIB in the tutorials section - among many other things.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/79-tutorials-tips-and-howtos/

Good luck!

Thank you for you response! I have someone that has centurion status helping me, that I just found out about after I posted this, with the upgrades to the kit. I was just wondering if their were and parts that would need to be replace because they were beyond repair because I felt it would be easier to ask than me guessing that everything is okay and its not. 

Edited by kingsredarmy

Guess I’ll try to help out.   

I’m not Centurion and obviously if you want to get the title of Centurion through this forum you need to explore the option of EIB first.  It’s a “rank” based program you need one before the other.  Normally people apply for EIB through the EIB section of the forum and you get lots of valuable feedback. You, I assume unknowingly, skipped the step and obviously got none. You can also get your armor to Centurion specifications and not apply for the title just because you want it that way doesn’t mean you have to apply for the title. I’d just advise about calling yourself Centurion without having the forum title, it might get people around here upset. 

As for the armor itself it looks pretty well made. I’m no pro just a guy answering I some questions but it looks like the bolts on the TD would need to be replaced, cod snap added, hovi tips need painting, probably a few other things mentioned in the CRL I’m missing.  Some people will probably say your brows too low, your ears are a degree off as well, but I don’t think that’ll hold you back. Most of it is probably cosmetic but not seeing the pics of you with the armor on makes it hard to see how it fits. 

The link below should take you to the EIB section (if I added it properly). Make sure to check the CRL as stated above and apply for EIB  first. Both titles are going to require an application and various pics of you in armor and close ups of other pieces. Good luck and feel free to ask questions someone will help you out. 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/19-request-expert-infantryman-status/

Edited by kingsredarmy

I AGREE w/GMR.... RESEARCH IS KEY.... you need to know what your building up to ...

You can tell us also who made ur kit....

Your HEIGHT & WEIGHT....

I also HIGHLY SUGGEST knowing how to apply to EIB 1st.... EIB IS A PRECURSOR TO CENTURION...

We are here to help & keep us posted !!!

Edited by kingsredarmy

On 10/14/2019 at 12:37 PM, TheRascalKing said:

Hey man! Not to be too negative, but there is a lot that will need to be updated. I believe it's doable, as the armor itself doesn't look to bad, but the majority of your fasteners and connection points will need to be addressed. As stated, EIB will be first, but I'll note anything I see up to Centurion. I may miss some stuff, and we would absolutely want to see more pics to be sure, but I'll try to dig into each photo and let you know what I see.

Hopefully that all helps and keeps you busy for a while! Please post some progress pics and photos of you in the armor for us when you have a chance! Good luck!

Thank you so much sir! That was what I was looking for when I posted this. I have someone helping me out that has centurion status that lives close by that I just found out about after I posted this. I just wanted to know if I need to replace like my right shin or biceps for example that would require me to order a whole new part. You response was extremely helpful and answered what I was looking for perfectly. I was nervous that I needed to order new parts for my kit because they were beyond fixing. I felt that posting here to see if I need to physically replace parts would save me so much time and effort because I would know ahead of time to replace certain parts before I put in all the effort. Again thank you so much!

Edited by kingsredarmy
  • Like 1

I also encourage u create a build thread and take & post pix in it . When u apply to EIB, it will ask for your build thread link. It helps keep track of your progress and we can communicate through there as well !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingsredarmy said:

Thank you so much sir! That was what I was looking for when I posted this. I have someone helping me out that has centurion status that lives close by that I just found out about after I posted this. I just wanted to know if I need to replace like my right shin or biceps for example that would require me to order a whole new part. You response was extremely helpful and answered what I was looking for perfectly. I was nervous that I needed to order new parts for my kit because they were beyond fixing. I felt that posting here to see if I need to physically replace parts would save me so much time and effort because I would know ahead of time to replace certain parts before I put in all the effort. Again thank you so much!

No worries, man - we all started somewhere. I don't believe I saw photos of your right shin and only of one bicep, so the jury may still be out on those. Feel free to post more pics from more angles tho - you wearing the suit is helpful because fit is as important as finish.

Very little is beyond fixing, some just takes more work haha I would definitely save any scrap plastic that you trim off and look into making up some ABS slurry using acetone - it will help with blending your shim in and filling the rivet holes - don't throw the trimmings away!

But yea, looking forward to see more pics and your progress. I gave you a LOT to chew on, so let us know if you have questions or need links.

Also, no need to reply to people individually with the same thanks - we're all here to either learn or help haha Maybe just toss em a thumbs up! :P

• Like 1