Just For Laughs

In The Media

Fire Teams

Hall of Fame

Trooping

Trooping Opportunities 

Imperial Attaché Program

Competition

EIB & Centurion: What do these terms mean?

Advanced Tactics Awards

EIB - The March To 1000

Merchandise & Branding Officer

Public Relations
Follow FISD

fXXyOEL.png

Greetings Troopers,

September is off to a very exciting start!  We've just launched the new Field Training Recognition program--Our newest PR Officer, Andrew Franke, has a section below about the program.  Needless to say it's only been running a few days and is already seeing a buzz of involvement.  Be sure to check out some of the fantastic trooper logs and start your own! ;)

Speaking of record setting, we're only 65 Expert Infantry troopers from completing the March to 1,000!  And we have a new competition for Troopers helping Troopers.  Be sure to check out the rest of the newsletter for more info :)

Alay

With Unquestioned Loyalty

Sarah Bailey

TK-20466 "Alay"

Detachment Leader

w9l1mfv.png

BwLuHjZ.png

Oj7fucN.jpg?2

Joseph Pedigo

TK-10863 "justjoseph63"

Executive Officer

bhcdkeM.png

8SAPVX9.jpg

Greetings Troopers! 

I hope you all had an amazing last few months of trooping.  Many of you around the world did a ton of summer time troops and it doesn't get any better then that.  I'm sure many of you get out and meet up with a bunch of other troopers from your garrison and that time spent together is full of laughter and friendship. 

I just wanted to reach out this month and remind everyone that September and October are huge months for new members to hit our forums because Halloween is right around the corner.  Many people will start heading to their search engines and type in stormtrooper costume (naturally).  We can only hope they find us first before some other websites like rubies, jedirobe or eBay.  These new members will come to us with a ton of excitement but also some nervousness.  Why nervous?  Because we have heard it all before.  There is just so much information here and it can be overwhelming.  Well that is where each and every one of our awesome members come into to play.  We all come to their aid and give them the most helpful information we can to put them at ease.  This is what makes us such an awesome detachment.  We are all here for our love of stormtroopers and we are troopers helping troopers! 

So I would just like to remind everyone that these new members coming to our forums are going to be yours or some other members future friends and garrison mates.  Lets start their experience off right by being as welcoming as possible.  After they are done here and they go back to their new garrison homes we want them to always talk about how awesome and helpful the FISD was in their journey.  You guys all rock and keep up the good work. 

As always if there are any issues on our forum then please do not hesitate to reach out to Chris (themaninthesuitcase) or myself at anytime. 

starsaber25 

Steve Sheades

TK-10466 "starsaber25"

Provost Marshall

5U7ZGCF.png

DbwVFA9.png

Deployment Officers

Greetings Troopers!

Your friendly D.O team has been pleased with the steady stream of EIB and Centurion applications. While I personally have and love the ANH Stunt kit, we've recently had several ESB and Hero submissions, as well as a couple FOTKs and TK Commanders. Keep them coming! We're getting ever closer to EIB #1000.

Since it is now September, we'd also like to remind applicants that the CRL grace period for ANH Stunt, ANH Hero, ESB, and ROTJ is over and all submissions made after September 1 will be judged under the new CRLs. The CRL pages were updated a couple of months ago to reflect the new requirements, so hopefully there's nothing too surprising there. As always, please reach out to us with any questions. We are here to help.

With unquestioned loyalty,

Sha Sha

TK-19233

shashachu 

Sha Sha Chu

TK-19233 "shashachu"

Senior Deployment Officer

TheSwede

Daniel Melin

TK-99665  "TheSwede"

Senior Deployment Officer

msouza 

Mike Souza

TK-11463 "msouza"

Deployment Officer

sp2ACwu.png

253873467d33ef60bdb9718d6492ec76.jpg

The FISD is pleased to announce the addition of a new area in the Advanced Tactics forum dedicated to those ready to submit for basic 501st TK approval.

This section will allow future Troopers the opportunity to submit photos of their completed build to be reviewed by the Staff, Imperial Attaches and others in preparation for forwarding it to their GML for approval.  Any and all advice/suggestions given will be specific, constructive, helpful and respectful.

Please note that this program will NOT take the place of your local GML, as Detachments are not chartered for costume approval and can not override a GMLs decision, but is instead a peer review program designed to help you look your best and offer guidance and positive feedback.  You will have the opportunity to ask questions about your completed armor, weapons (if applicable), accessories, etc. and get accurate information from the experts here at the FISD.. the definitive home of TKs worldwide.

For more information on this program, please visit the link here

a51qD5z.png

T1JoW4a.jpg

Contributor Awards

NqUPTPB.png   OidQx9k.png

Greetings fellow members.

It gives me great pleasure to announce our latest recipients of the 3D Contributors award. Both these members are well deserving and the decisions were unanimous among the staff.

Please join us in congratulating camprandal (Clint) for his First Order Laser Axe 3D files!! Yep this one has been well overdue but we finally thank you for an outstanding contribution and generosity in sharing these with the Detachment.

Please also join us in congratulating trooper96 (Bryan) for sharing his E-11 component files. Considering the E-11 is standard issue for OT TK's we are somewhat limited to choice or availability in various parts of the world. Bryan has done a great job to bring you a 3D printable file solution to make the humble E-11 accessible to members in a print at home format.  Thank you Bryan

Once again, congratulations to both for some well deserved recognition, the Detachment salutes you :salute:

Main forum title: 

3D Parts and Technical

Sub topics:

3D Printer owners

Your place to discuss what printer/s you own, recommendations, tech talk and the like, It’s a place to learn something new

3D CAD Designers

Home of talented 3D cad designers, show off your 3D renders, of FISD related costume parts and accessories.  Offer help and advice on programs, or offer to commission a piece for a fellow member

3D File Depository

A home for 3D file sharing, Troopers helping Troopers is what this section is all about; yes a single location to keep any 3D files offered up by our extremely generous membership. This will be a 501st member’s only section and rules will apply to any usage of the content.

I will be looking for content to get these new sections started so If you are interested in helping drive these new forums, then please send me a PM and let’s get the threads and the filament flowing. 3D printer heads will understand that last comment ;)

Here is a link to the New FISD 3D Contributor program.

Sly11     

Andrew Franke

TK-11469 "Sly11"

PRO - Awards

LaMijec.png

3C5k84Q.png

We understand not everyone can help build multiple sets of armour for their fellow troopers, nor own a 3D printer or have the time and skill set to design and offer free 3D files to the detachment.

There is however one thing we all can do, and that is troop.

Here is your opportunity to stand and be recognised for simply trooping in your TK.

We're rolling out a new award system to encourage and reward our members who take the time to post up their field training exercises and keep a troop log.  As you attend events and post logs, you'll earn these shiny profile badges, here are a few:

troopaward10.png.f47c89f4e7333038c27c6e8ced75ec2c.pngtroopaward25.png.f2b5d2ec2f350561fa77c0fc036efa76.pngtroopaward50.png.3a3b072c1add6ecb4faab0ac5c126d11.pngtroopaward75.png.e9fe7aa9b34822e22ca1a68101e82d29.pngtroopaward100.png.0e18d608a9415379ed92225804ff5ee3.pngtroopaward125.png.636fd8b5196803ac4c05a7bf01e7c44f.pngtroopaward150.png.5320c92f62b35a34f5aad2722a3e56b7.pngtroopaward175.png.cd7dfcaee0002205a534f29d0d6cc860.pngtroopaward200.png.3ee9b6f006a050009cb3c25dd8b694b1.pngtroopaward250.png.f067a559522f8a3fc2bc685fa82277e0.pngtroopaward300.png.a68f081b17fc7bad41aa9522754012ac.pngtroopaward350.png.6cf697b9214d5e4415ffd030d7bcef50.pngtroopaward400.png.4eb8ab0bbac788ed9da029c31dd3bbc0.pngtroopaward450.png.e3af21970a78fc7d60884f75b31e55e8.pngtroopaward500.png.de2b4c3b6a4487f61da14baf93a9e5c2.pngtroopaward600.png.3ee1939bd6ac33f7d604e3aeaf398655.pngtroopaward750.png.4f6e7f4a1448104c1d4f20ab187a596c.pngtroopaward1000.png.2cbb950d60fe7cd8ccd1c51df6908fef.png

Simply start (or update!) your troop log, keep the running total in the title, and post (at least!) a date and name for the official 501st event where you wore your TK!

Once you've hit a milestone count, go over to the "Field Exercise Awards -- Post your milestones here" thread to request your profile be updated!  Simple, right?

Troop log title examples:

fL1jhDb.png

Milestone post example:

Milestone and Troop Log Title:   [100] TK12345 My troop log

Date and Event:   8/23/2019 -- Death Star Cooking Class

Image result for stormtroopers in store

FAQ:
Do my past troops count?
Yes!  You can update your troop log thread with all your past events for credit :)

Is there any costume requirement?
You have to have attended the event in a costume that falls under the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment for credit.  We love pictures from any events with white armor though, so even if you attended an event in another costume with stormtroopers present don't hesitate to show off!

Do I have to include pictures?
Pictures are not required, but are highly encouraged!  Your picture may end up in the Stormtrooper Hall of Fame :)

Award Recipients August - September

troopaward10.png.f47c89f4e7333038c27c6e8ced75ec2c.png TK95970  "Rat" Rat (to post troop log) - TK50799 "DaygoErm" Ermer - TK20187 "TK20187" Troy - TK10911 "themanithensuitcase"  Chris - TK42911 "CableGuy" Dan - TK19511 "Freduster" Freddy - TK92802 "Harbinger" Brien - TK82214 "DEVOLVER" Zac - TK35947  "Pepe" Peter - TK10116 "Ukswrath" Tony

troopaward25.png.f2b5d2ec2f350561fa77c0fc036efa76.png TK39093 "giskard8" Arthur - TK77520 "Hoda" Eric - TK62108 "ShadyP" Pat - TK61490 "Justin" TheRascalKing - TK77797  "MacPhisto" Solomon - TK40834  "Digz Graavz Chris - TK51007 "boneyboy007" Tony

troopaward50.png.3a3b072c1add6ecb4faab0ac5c126d11.png TK66402 "Chewy" Christopher - TK29772 "TK29772" Lee - TK44678 "Kredal" Josh - TK23276 "zv288bot" Jorge

troopaward75.png.e9fe7aa9b34822e22ca1a68101e82d29.png TK11371 "daryldoak" Daryl - TK29118 "sharkbait" Rebecca

troopaward100.png.0e18d608a9415379ed92225804ff5ee3.png ---

troopaward125.png.636fd8b5196803ac4c05a7bf01e7c44f.png TK62000   "Scottdm62" Scott

troopaward150.png.5320c92f62b35a34f5aad2722a3e56b7.png TK4108 "TK4108" Matthew

troopaward175.png.cd7dfcaee0002205a534f29d0d6cc860.png---

troopaward200.png.3ee9b6f006a050009cb3c25dd8b694b1.png TK85421 "gmrhodes13" Glen

Congratulations troopers and keep on trooping

Sly11     

Andrew Franke

TK-11469 "Sly11"

PRO - Awards

Z0VZfB2.png

uvA18hU.jpg

TJx41gY.png

GMA

The 501st Legion's Empire City Garrison was asked by LFL/Disney to attend a live taping of Good Morning America on ABC for the opening of Galaxy's Edge in Disney World on Wednesday, August 28th 2019. Chris Feehan (TK-6744) was selected from the ECG, along with Taylor Arthur Goodson (TK-12110) and Terry "Bro" Browning (TK-8869) of the North-East Remnant Garrison. 5 First Order Stormtroopers were requested, and we were able to scramble 3 with only 1 day notice between the 2 Garrisons. 

The call time was 6:00am with the first taping scheduled for 8:00am, so we were all picked up around 4:30am. A secure changing room was provided with some snacks and water, and they treated us very well. The segments involved us marching out on stage when they announced the Galaxy's Edge segment, and during the Weather report taking selfies with audience members. We had fun participating, and taking photos with guests backstage in between segments. Special thanks to Greg Lee from the ECG for guiding us around, helping us get dressed, and taking some great backstage photos. A shout out to Alaric Hahn from the ECG for helping put this all together on very short notice.

Report by: Chris Feehan TK-6744

Well done troopers :salute:

V6KSLoY.jpg

YD2W4fI.jpg

Preview of the Rise of the Resistance Ride

QIwNhPf.png

TK-10401 and TK-10441 Featured on CNN Headline News!

We attended 4 days of DragonCon in Atlanta, and it was a completely incredible experience.  If you've never been there, and you love cosplay, this is your home.  I can't adequately explain the feeling of being among over 80,000 fellow nerds who all have appreciation for costuming.  We bring both of our kids to the event, and they absolutely love it.  People constantly stop them to take photos, and it makes them feel like rock stars.  So. Much. Fun.

I was fortunate enough to be approached by one of the Directors of DragonCon while I participated in an early-morning local CBS television shoot on Friday.  He was looking for a cosplay family that would be willing to be interviewed- early Sunday morning in costume- for CNN's Headline News Weekend Express.  After some discussion with my hubby, we decided to say yes.

During the time that the Director transported us to the CNN studios at 7am Sunday morning, we found out that the segment would be live.  Ah, no pressure at all, right?  The segment was supposed to be about how families can cosplay together at DragonCon.   It started off that way, but then it turned into me promoting the 501st Legion.  :D  I hope I did y'all justice!

QIwNhPf.png

TK-27888 WHAT AN ARTIST 

The FISD Detachment is just only one of many units of The 501st Legion and we are proud to be part of it.

This Fantastic original piece of artwork was created by one of our own: Marietta Ivanova TK-27888 of the Nordic Garrison

Great work, well done Marietta

UmB7IrM.jpg

IPZwlob.png

http://www.retailhellunderground.com/.a/6a00e54f10a098883401bb08f64447970d-pi

Greetings Troopers.

The Fire Team program is completely optional, and is intended to help form a common identity and spirit of camaraderie among 501st Legion stormtroopers in the same geographic area/garrison that troop together.

Fire Teams are not officially recognized by the 501st Legion nor the FISD, although they will be able to access a Fire Team sub-forum on the detachment website. Because Fire Teams are unofficial groups, they cannot have any 501st or FISD markings, including 501st Legion, 501st, Legion logos, Vader's Fist etc. on their branding or logos. However, Teams will be allowed to use any unique markings at informal events provided they follow these guidelines.

Guidelines

• No 501st or FISD markings. Period.
  • Any active Legion member with a valid stormtrooper costume in the specified geographic area can join.
  • The Team can create a name, logo, backstory, etc. for itself (names usually contain Fire Team, though this isn't required).
  • A list of each Team (with their specific "Teams Name") with a current list their members will be kept in the Fire Team sub-forum on the Detachment website.
  • A Team member must troop at least twice per year to maintain status as a member. Two or more Team members must troop together once per year to keep the group active.

Merchandising

• Again, no 501st or FISD markings.
  • Merchandising will only be limited by the imagination of the Fire Team.
  • Any merchandising should be submitted to the detachment, or through proper Legion channels.
  • A master list of all Fire Team merchandise (with photos) will be posted in the Fire Team sub-forum.

If any of these guidelines are violated, the group will be disbanded.

Here is a link to the Fire Team areahttp://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/130-fire-team-area/   501st membership is needed to view this area.

This is a great program that is strictly just for fun and it also allows fellow TK's get to know each other better.  I would love to help any Garrison/area get a Fire Team started, just let me know what I can do to help.

If you would like to register a Fire Team here is the link

In other business, just a reminder, if you have an addition, removal or any other change in you Fire Team's status, send me a PM here and I'll get you all squared away.

Who would have thought when this program started it would progress so well that we now see our 50th Fire Team, congratulations to Southern California Garrison (Southern California) - Fire Team Heavy Hitters.

Recently Approved Fire Teams

# 55

Region:  Southern Ontario, Canada - Canadian Garrison, Vindicator Squad

Name: White Walkers Fire Team

MR7G6FK.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

For the full list of Fire Teams head here

captsafe66     

Mark Ryner

TK-4584 "captsafe66 "

FISD/Fire Team Director

YLEYksP.png

g3b69Ky.png

My many sincere apologies Troopers, I was in the hospital and unable to get last month’s Hall of Fame Trooper.

Without further delay - it is my upmost pleasure to induct TK - 10466 Steve who has contributed a monumental amount of support to our Detachment as a Provost Marshall.

Stellar job mate and welcome to The Stormtrooper Hall of Fame!

4c09ffbb8e369292a72bde315cea10d6.jpg

Pyrates   

With Unquestioned Loyalty

Aaron Gibson

TK-99725 "Pyrates"

Curator Hall of Fame

vUhdVyX.png

Related image

Want Your Troop to be Included?

Just a reminder if you would like your troop added please post your troop report in the Field Training Exercises section here

****Those with troop logs please post a separate troop report as it is easier to link too****

August - September

DragonCon Imperial March

48672083242_1d2eed1d94_b.jpg

More here

By: Christine,  TK10401,  "cricket"

QIwNhPf.png

DragonCon  CNN Headline News

More here

By: Christine,  TK10401,  "cricket"

QIwNhPf.png

Book Week at Dianella Secondary College

More here

By: Glen, TK85421,  "gmrhodes13"

SGBis83.png

File:Lucasfilm logo.png

Retail Embargo Lift

For most of the year we are under an embargo from LFL and can not attend retail locations unless prior approval has been given by them. At certain times of the year this embargo is lifted, generally around Blu-Ray / movie releases, May 4th and Force Friday, the recent correspondence from LFL outlines the lift of the embargo:

"While there is currently a retail moratorium on character appearances in effect, it is being lifted during the following days:

Oct 1-31 -- ok to appear at schools, libraries and book stores for Star Wars Reads

BB-8 reads a book next to the Star Wars Reads logo

October 4-6 -- ok to appear at any retailers offering the new SW-related merchandise for Triple Force Friday

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/holocron/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/triple-force-friday-tall-B-1.jpg

November 14 - 17 -- ok to appear at retailers offering the new game Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Image result for star wars jedi fallen order

Dec 1-31 -- ok to appear at retailers selling SW-related merchandise for the holiday season

Image result for star wars christmas merchandiseImage result for star wars christmas merchandise

Dec 19-26 -- ok to appear at theaters showing The Rise of Skywalker

Image result for the rise of skywalker

All fans, costumed or otherwise, can participate with venues of their choice within these windows with the restriction that costumed appearances must not be used in the advertising for the event. Although these appearances will be treated like an open invite, we’ll leave it to the fan groups to independently organize around these events as they see fit. LFL will not need to approve or coordinate these. Please note that retail locations should not include restaurants, bars, or venues with no apparent reason to feature Star Wars characters.

In the coming weeks and months, we may send out a list of ‘preferred' retailers from certain regions who would welcome fans to participate at their venues within these event windows, but you are all still welcome to make plans with appropriate retailers or venue hosts of your choice regardless of whether or not they appear on the list.

Thanks everyone, and thanks for all you do

"Please note that retail locations should not include restaurants, bars, or venues with no apparent reason to feature Star Wars characters. If the retail location does not stock Star Wars products you should NOT be attending."

*REMEMBER* Always follow your garrison/squad's guidelines when in comes to organising Disney/LFL promotional troops, only command staff can deal direct with LFL.

jjss3mp.png

HsIhI5m.jpg

Serve proudly, ladies and gentlemen, and as Tim (Dark CMF) says:  "Keep doing what it is that got you here"!

Are you an approved TK that spends more time on the boards than the average Trooper?  Do you enjoy using your knowledge to help out future and existing Troopers?  If so, we would like to invite you to join the Imperial Attaché program!

Members of the I.A. team are chosen to help out not only those here on the boards, but on a local level as well.  Our aim is to have at least one in each and every Garrison, Squad and Outpost in the entire legion to be the eyes and ears of the FISD on a local level.

A suggested level of EIB or above is preferred, as part of the duties include assisting those aiming for levels 2 and 3, but is not a requirement.  Being active on the boards on a regular basis , welcoming new members and helping out where you can is, though.  

Some of the benefits:

1.  Access to exclusive Attaché merch., including patches, etc.

2.  Having the Imperial Attaché title under your name.

3.  Being a part of the team that welcomes new and prospective members of the FISD.

4.  Being the "go-to" person in your Garrison, Squad or Outpost.

5.  Exclusive access to the Attaché HQ area, Imperial Propaganda Machine (newsletter) and merchandise discussions.

We are currently in need of Attaches in many units, especially International Garrisons/Squads and Outposts.  For more information on this program, please head here and if you should have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me at any time.  (Pretzel)

For a complete list of Imperial Attaches, go here

QIwNhPf.png

Image result for stormtroopers shaking hands

:salute:  NEW ATTACHES! :salute:

Please join me in welcoming our newest Imperial Attaches! 

Newest Attaches: 

@IRoS Mario - Hailing from the Columbian outpost! Mario has a TK Commander under his belt with no signs of slowing down. He eagerly awaits new recruits for his outpost to get them excited to become a stormtrooper in the 501st Legion. We welcome him and look forward to his contributions. 

QIwNhPf.png

b0eGL0S.png

NEW ATTACHE TIP OF THE MONTH

Attache Tip of the Month: 

Using Rare Earth Magnets! It comes to no surprise that if you are building stormtrooper armor for the first time, you may notice other builders and HOW TO threads using magnets. Did you know there was a right and wrong way of using them? Check out this HOWTO thread for details!

QIwNhPf.png

IMPERIAL ATTACHE AWARD

x46RqzS.png

Imperial Attaché Award for those attaché's who have gone above and beyond [minimum 1 year of service]

:salute:

You can find a list of prior recipients here

QIwNhPf.png

ATTACHE MERCHANDISE

Attaché Patch

AttachePatch.jpg

For those of you on the Imperial Attaché staff, the official I.A. patches are available 

Here are the details..  PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

Patches will be limited to TWO per person, and will only be sold to those who are current FISD Imperial Attaches.

These patches have been graciously DONATED to the FISD, so all you will need to do is cover the cost of shipping and PP fees, which will be $1.00 each for those in the U.S. and P.R. and $1.50 each for those outside the U.S. What a deal!

Thank you Joseph @justjoseph63for looking after these.

You can find the thread here

QIwNhPf.png

ATTACHE ROCKER

For those of you on the Imperial Attaché staff, the official I.A. rockers are now available. 

Link below:

QIwNhPf.png

Attaché Ambassador

Pretzel 

Preston Christman

TK-91488 "Pretzel"

PRO Lead - Attaché

Ambassador

poyPkaE.png

NEW COMPETITION 

Image result for helping stormtroopers

:dancing-trooper: Troopers Helping Troopers Photo Contest  :dancing-trooper:

Greetings Fellow Troopers! It is time that we announce our newest contest for your chance to win some free FISD swag! This contest is open to all TK's and Attaches. The current FISD staff is excluded from entering! 

Rules for Photo Submission: 

1. Submit ONE photo by October 31, 2019
  2. Photo should be "Troopers Helping Troopers" theme. (ie, helping at Armor Parties, or a Trooper helping a fellow trooper at a troop!) 
  3. Submit the photo in this thread
  4. The STAFF will vote on our favorite photo submitted from November 1st 2019
  5.  Winner will be announced in Novembers newsletter 11/11/2019

1st Place

will receive a Troopers Helping Troopers challenge coin that is in the works! @Harbinger has graciously donated this prize to our winner! 

ATTACHECOIN.JPG.049ce8f8f21551d53902470a7657e107.JPG

2nd Place will have choice of one of 2 prize Packs:

zeUxNNO.jpg

Pack 1: Stormtrooper plush, 501st Mug Sleeve, Three 501st Decals, and a Vader Pin!

or....

Pack 2: FISD Lanyard, Two 501st Decals, and a Large Expert Infantry Rocker

3rd Place: will receive what 2nd Place winner does not choose for their prize pack. 

Good Luck! I can't wait to see what photos get submitted!:duim:

You can find the competition here

tk91488_head.jpg   

Preston Christman

TK-91488 "Pretzel"

PRO Lead - Attaché

Ambassador

cWddO7e.png

QB4zkSz.png

5e96Rjm.png

So what exactly are EIB (Expert Infantry Badge) and Centurion levels?

These programs were designed for those who choose to take their armor above and beyond the minimum requirements for basic 501st Legion approval.  It gives you the chance to show a level of dedication and pride that takes your armor closer to being as "screen accurate" as possible, without as much extra work as you may realize!

It also works on giving a better look to the Legion as an entity, and you can bet others will take notice of your hard work.  The 501st has a list of detailed requirements for Basic approval, (level 1), EIB, (level 2) and Centurion, (level 3) which can be found here in the Costume Reference Library, (CRLhttp://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

Here are a few of the questions people may be wondering about:  

1.  "I am a (tall/short/heavy/thin) Trooper.  Can I still apply?  Of course!  These programs are open and encouraged for all sizes of TKs, as long as the costume is correct and meets the guidelines.  There are many specific build tutorials to every option, as well as a vast network of fellow TKs on the FISD to help you out and offer suggestions.

2.  "How much extra will I have to pay for extra items"?  The cost is actually quite reasonable, considering the few extra supplies you will need, which are listed in the requirements area.  While it may run you a little more to implement these additions to your costume, they will go a long way to improving accuracy.  All needed items can be found for sale on this thread: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/16-ongoing-sales-project-orders/

While blasters are not required for basic approval, for EIB and Centurion levels they are, and may need upgrades (also listed in the CRL).

3.  "I haven't even got my kit yet, is it too early to start planning"?  Actually, aiming for Centurion is easiest to do right out of the box.

4.  "I have my basic TK approval, can I still get in these programs"?  In a word... absolutely!  

5.  "Are there any "perks" to this extra work and cost"?  Besides knowing that you have a great looking set of armor, the 501st and FISD believes you should be deservedly recognized for your achievement(s), and allows you to wear the appropriate embroidered "rocker" badge of rank (available for a very minimum cost) on your shirt, helmet bag, etc., as well as rank decals to put on your armor bin.  You will also have access to select "challenge coin" runs, receive (free) a cool certificate for your new rank, and have your title posted below your name in your FISD signature.  Plus, once you reach these levels, you will have the extra knowledge to help out those who are looking to apply as well.

6.  "Is it hard to apply, and what happens then"?   After basic approval, all you do is make sure your armor is up to the standards set forth in the CRL, post a thread with the required photos in the appropriate area (see below), and wait a bit for the D.O.s (Deployment Officers) to address it. (Hint:  Studying other people's threads before you submit can be a GREAT help).  These are also listed on the main page of the FISD site.  While waiting for approval, you will get some comments from others who will offer suggestions and constructive advice to help you out.  If you should need any changes, the DOs will let you know, so you can adjust accordingly.  Don't be dismayed if you do need changes... it's all for your benefit!   After you are approved for EIB, then you can submit for Centurion.  

EIB  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/19-request-expert-infantryman-status/

Centurion  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/72-request-centurion-status/

Just remember that the FISD is here to help you every step of the way with whatever other questions you may have, but if you can't seem to find what you are looking for in your research, just ask away here on the forum.

RpFKBp8.png

This area lists all those who have gone above and beyond basic approval toward screen accuracy. 

FOR  August - September the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment would like to congratulate:

Expert Infantry Badge Award:

KoV0k8j.png

Aizenoso  "Aizenoso"  TK14292  EIB 929

Robin  "Megaphone"  TK17997   EIB 930

Angel  "Anxo200"  TK29413  EIB 931

Derek "DZFireMedic"  TK83125  EIB 932

Ivaylo "Wolfchen"  TK77677   EIB 933

Jose Iuis "Tivy"  TK16790  EIB 934

Dave "Helotech"  TK98695  EIB 935

GREAT job on your approval, now on to Level 3!  :salute:

Request your free EIB certificate here

Centurion Badge Award:

NCt2GrG.png

Simon  "simorph  TK16566  Centurion 440

Jennifer  "Jeneyre"  TK50721  Centurion 441

Jesús  "TxuTxi"  TK25280  Centurion 442

Fabio  "Boba IT"  TK8084  Centurion 443

Outstanding job on reaching Centurion, Troopers!  :salute:

Request your free Centurion certificate here  

If you see any of these Troopers around your Garrison or Squad, be sure to congratulate them!

6sv6Wg1.png

Xs4zZ5A.png

As many of you are aware, the FISD is currently in our March to 1000 program.  Our goal is to reach the one thousand mark of Troopers who have earned their Expert Infantry Badge, and although we are well on our way to this goal and have just reached the 935 mark!  The amount of approved submissions is increasing thanks to the dedication of those willing to go the "extra mile" toward screen accuracy.  

Here is a brief description of EIB as written by Paul (Daetrin), our founder:

"Expert Infantryman status is not required for members of this detachment. It should be viewed as an optional set of requirements for those who wish to take the accuracy of their costumes to the next level, and be recognized accordingly. We're a costuming club - think of it as an award for costuming excellence and you get the picture.

The requirements will not replace or supersede 501st standards, but only serve as an inspiration for the level of accuracy that can be achieved. The standards are meant to be high but achievable..."

Besides the added pride you will have in your armor, those reaching this level can purchase exclusive EIB gear (patches, decals, coins etc.) and get a free certificate for your accomplishment.  If you are interested or would like more information about the program head here that will help.  You can also contact myself  "Pretzel" or any Imperial Attaché, and we will be more than happy to assist you!

JH6xe2k.png

Image result for fisd merchandise

Greetings troopers! Pride coins should be shipping in a few weeks, and we still have a small amount of gold EIB coins for those who qualify.

Don’t forget to head over to the racing shirt interest thread:

These have been submitted to the Legion for approval and we hope to have these for sale as soon as we can.

Harbinger

Brien Edick

TK-92802 "Harbinger"

Merchandise & Branding Officer -

PRO Twitter

Saka5pP.png

Lead Public Relations 

Pretzel

Preston Christman

TK-91488 "Pretzel"

PRO Lead - Attaché

Ambassador

QIwNhPf.png

Newsletter

Always on the look out for member's stories or photos, you can contact me via PM @gmrhodes13

euEdTGp.thumb.gif.8a87078a191f1a4a708be7

Glen "Q" Rhodes

TK-85421 "gmrhodes13"

PRO Newsletter

QIwNhPf.png

Facebook

photo-thumb-20691.png

Daniel Lauber

TK-55550 "Ripper_L"

PRO Facebook - Editor at Large

QIwNhPf.png

Instagram

Pretzel 

Preston Christman

TK-91488 "Pretzel"

PRO Lead - Attaché

Ambassador

Soulart

Teresa Nuthall

TK-41307 "Soulart"

PRO Instagram 

QIwNhPf.png

Twitter

Harbinger

Brien Edick

TK-92802 "Harbinger"

Merchandise & Branding Officer -

PRO Twitter

QIwNhPf.png

Facebook Group

photo-thumb-19236.jpg 

Tim Waychoff

TK-51878 “Dark CMF”

PRO Director Facebook

jtT37v1.png

Don't Forget We're on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram

kUd32hb.png
Facebook: www.facebook.com/whitearmor

Facebook Group: 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (FISD) Official

zCmaWpa.png
Twitter: www.twitter.com/FISD501st or @FISD501st

XkJpz4c.png 

Instagram: www.instagram.com/fisd501st

On behalf of the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Command Staff and the Imperial Propaganda Department

QIwNhPf.png

Image result for stormtroopers saluting gif

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9yfp014BM1qedb29o1_500.gif

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Philip Madren said:

Seen in the news letter the racing shirt.   Where can this be purchased at?

You need to be a 501st member to purchase, if you are approved member request access here https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16-501st-trooper-status-requests-include-link-to-your-501st-profile-in-your-request/page/289/

Racing shirt thread is here https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/47984-open-fisd-racing-shirts-2019-run-otfo-designs/