Sgtangel

Ukswrath hearing assist-how are others installing it?

Hi there

Before I commit to installing mine I was would be interested to see how others have done it, especially the location of the microphones. Can any one assist?

Edited by Sgtangel

Hey Andy, there are a few places you can mount the mics.

1. If you're not using any type of audio system or cooling fans you can place them behind the frown.

2. With audio or cooling place the mics near the lower "S" seal of the helmet, left and right sides aimed towards your neck. And famously behind the ears but requires a little work.

Hope this helps

Thank you Tony. I do like the idea of putting them in the ear bumps. Just trying to find a USB splitter that will allow my 1 port charger to run both my fans and the hearing assist (I think I might have to end up buying a 2 port charger though)

My pleasure. The SHA operates best with it's own battery. Most fans by design create PWM noise that can effect the SHA output causing a whining noise in the speakers/headset. Something you might want to test before installing.

On 8/12/2019 at 2:07 PM, ukswrath said:

Hey Andy, there are a few places you can mount the mics.

1. If you're not using any type of audio system or cooling fans you can place them behind the frown.

2. With audio or cooling place the mics near the lower "S" seal of the helmet, left and right sides aimed towards your neck. And famously behind the ears but requires a little work.

Hope this helps

Hello Tony 

I know this is an old post but finally installing  your Hearing Assist I bought last year  and I was wondering where is the lower S seal of the Helmet ?      Is that the Back of the helmet ?  point the mics towards the back of your neck ?   

Peter Bond 

TK 17570 

Hey Peter, "S" seal is the black rubber seal at the lower rim of your helmet, well that's if were talking about OTTK armor. 

Mics can be placed anywhere at the lower rim facing towards your shoulders, or more towards the frown on. 

Roger that,  So that's also known as S seal.. ( I feel dumb now lol)  for some reason I feel like I should of known that..    I was was of thinking about placing the mics  there because I am a little scared about drilling hole in the bucket but was not sure how  well it would pick up the sound from the outside because it near the back then I saw your comment while searching white armor..  My Birthday is this Friday and my gift to myself  will be ordering a new hearing Assist for another Bucket coming from RS.  

Thanks Tony   

Peter

2 hours ago, Redcoat 35 said:

Roger that,  So that's also known as S seal.. ( I feel dumb now lol)  for some reason I feel like I should of known that..    I was was of thinking about placing the mics  there because I am a little scared about drilling hole in the bucket but was not sure how  well it would pick up the sound from the outside because it near the back then I saw your comment while searching white armor..  My Birthday is this Friday and my gift to myself  will be ordering a new hearing Assist for another Bucket coming from RS.  

Thanks Tony   

Peter

Excellent, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy