My FX-build[*FX]

I'm playing with the thought of starting a Rebel Commando next year. We'll see how it goes :)

That would be cool. I am going to be doing a Han Solo next to match my GF's slave Leia! :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only I could get my wife into that custume.... Hehe

Just keep bugging her, maybe she'll break down and say yes! :P

Thomas

Brilliant job on that chest plate, its looking darn fine to me :duim:

Have you put a return edge on it?, if so any chance of some photos because I know

that a lot of people are extremely interested in this mod. :)

Fantastic work Sir!, can't wait to see it finished :)

I didn´t document the process, but I´ll snap a pic of the edge and try to describe in some detail how I did it.

And thanks for the kind words.

Modded one of the shoulders with a return edge. Here are the results compared to the one I've cut but not given the edge yet:

Bilde070.jpg

Bilde071.jpg

And here, just to show how it looks on a shoulder:

Bilde073.jpg

Ok, finished the shoulderbells. Here's how they look with the biceps in them (I guess it is possible to make FX bells look ok):

Bilde076.jpg

Also did the return edge thing on the butt and kidney:

Kidney

Bilde075.jpg

Butt

Bilde077.jpg

Did a testfit again today, and got some better pictures taken. At first sight it looks ok, but there are definately issues that need to be taken care of.

008.jpg

Here's the back:

006.jpg

Here's one from the side:

004.jpg

All this is gradually gonna become an RT for my part, but I want this kit to look great for the person bying it (and for me until every RT part is in place:-)

Any feedback is very much appreciated! :)

Oh yeah, and I have to make the canvas belt of course, and fill in the sidegaps ++ :-)

Looking really good, Thomas! You´ve done an excellent job so far. Well done on the shoulder bells as well, looks a lot better.

If it´s the sniper knee that´s giving you problems, you could try angling it a bit more forward, away from the knee. This should keep it from rubbing against your knee, as well as hiding under the thigh piece. Might be a problem if you´ve already riveted it on, though..?

The smaller ab buttons is a great mod, really helps with the overall look. Keep up the good work!

EDIT: I might be able to help you out with the belt, by the way. Check your mail.

Thanks Mads!

It also, suddenly dawned on me, that some of the parts might be sitting a bit weird due to the fact that I'm not wearing the belt in the first place as well. :)

Modded one of the shoulders with a return edge. Here are the results compared to the one I've cut but not given the edge yet:

I like this!

How'd you do it? A heat / craft iron?

Very nice. :)

(everything on this build is nice... except I sew for my wife, not her for me) haha

I like this!

How'd you do it? A heat / craft iron?

Very nice. :)

(everything on this build is nice... except I sew for my wife, not her for me) haha

Thanks Noel. I used a hobbyiron to give the return edge on everything.

I cut off something between 0.5-1cm around the bell to make it smaller, used a heatgun to bend it a little to make it sit more snug on the shoulders (and a little more accurate), and finally made the return edge.

I'm in the middle of a build as well and have a butt plate issue too.

I haven't done this yet but I was thinking that sewing velcro onto the undersuit and velcro at the top of the butt plate would hold it nicely and obviously the kidney plate needs to be raised to match the front ab plate. This might pull the undersuit away from your body though.

The other thought I had was too use black elastic to attach the top of the butt plate to the front ab plate around the top of the crotch area. But this idea would have a visible black elastic strap going from butt to crotch. Butt to crotch - hehe.

Just some thoughts I had, I haven't tried them yet.

Let us know what you come up with.

Your build is looking really good.

For the kidney/butt I ended up having to hot glue some foam to certain parts to get it to sit correctly on mine, and I veclro'd them together with three wide strips. I think you could cut some more from the kidney - typically there is no overlap between the three parts - they abutt each other (no pun intended). Or, you can just raise it up an inch - a little overlap won't hurt. Also remember to try this all on with the belt, which will affect how things lay a bit, at least it did for me.

When I tried it on with the belt it all looked better, I've trimmed some off the butt and kidney so it's all good now. I'm getting a belt in the mail tomorrow (hopefully), so I'll post some pics tomorrow or during the weekend.

Also ordering my calfs, biceps and forearms from RT tomorrow.

Thanks!

Here's the lates update. Just inches away from sending in my application now. Just realized I have to get a holster that fits the Hasbro E-11, since the one that comes with the FX is the wrong way around and not built for the short barrel on the Hasbro.

But here's the belt. Three snaps holding the canvas to the ammobelt, and I'm considering adding a snap or two to the lower ab so it'll stay in place. Had to remove the velcro to shorten the belt, so I still have to get it dewn back on:

Bilde082.jpg

Bilde083.jpg

Here's the dropbox mod, allowing my to have my cellphone and cards in them. Just superglued some elastic to it:

Bilde084.jpg

And here's the TD primed. Still need to get moneyclips for it though:

Bilde085.jpg