Skookumshot

Arduino Based Voice Changer

I'm just getting everything together for my first build and while I'm waiting for everything to arrive, I decided to make a voice changer.  When I started researching voice changers I considered making a TKTalkie because the creator was kind enough to share his design , but I figured I'd take a crack at making my own first.  I managed to find the amp on Amazon, that I think most of you are using.  The system uses an Arduino nano with a DFPlayer mini.  You can turn on a bandpass filter to make the voice sound more like a CB.  There are bitcrusher and reverb settings to degrade the sound and add echo, respectively.  I might add a ring modulator and other effects down the road, but they wouldn't really be applicable to a Stormtrooper.  Maybe some blaster sound effects too.  The button controller isn't what I intend to use.  It's just an old RF remote that I converted for use for Arduino development instead of putting a bunch of pushbuttons on the breadboard.  I'll most likely be using the glove button method like TKTalkie.

Troopduino.thumb.jpg.801b6a470afee8b28959375c90af2916.jpgPCB.jpg.247ece5e1a5f95ac0aadf90daab10abb.jpg

• Like 1

it's working great!

the MAX4466 preamp microphone is very reliable

Edited by skyone

This is awesome. I'm awaiting my BBB and would like to give this a whirl.

Do you have a complete BOM to build this?

I already have a few nanos, and I think some dfplayers (possibly clones).

Is the PCB board available on OSH Park? I searched but it didn't pop up.

Any help/guidance appreciated.

Kris

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lumpy said:

This is awesome. I'm awaiting my BBB and would like to give this a whirl.

Do you have a complete BOM to build this?

I already have a few nanos, and I think some dfplayers (possibly clones).

Is the PCB board available on OSH Park? I searched but it didn't pop up.

Any help/guidance appreciated.

Kris

I haven't ordered any boards yet.  I should be ordering some this week.  I will make everything open source, but I haven't completely finished the design yet.  I may make it into a general purpose prop board, or simply base one on this.  If you want to PM me your address, I'll mail you a board when they arrive and you can help beta test.

I've ordered the first set of test boards.  I'm putting a 3.5mm earphone jack on the board and I'm breaking out some extra pins on the Arduino for expansion.  I also made the 5V pin available so I can be powered by a 1 cell LiPo on that pin, a 9V on the battery pins or through the Mini-USB using a phone charger power pack.  Each button has 3 modes; click, double click and long press, so there are up to 12 functions. 

CAFAiL9.jpg

Edited by Skookumshot

On 4/14/2019 at 11:32 PM, Skookumshot said:

I will make everything open source, but I haven't completely finished the design yet. 

that sounds great, i just ordered the MAX4466 over ebay

i think it can go even with 3 AA alkaline batteries

Edited by skyone