Lord_Potato's Walt's Trooper Factory ANH TK Build (COMPLETE)

Lord_Potato

Thought I bought button stencils when I bought my helmet stencils....I guess I didn't. Decided to try and hand paint it with my shaky hands and see how it goes.

YMm1mFF.jpg

jRLIO0V.jpg

QIyPrHM.jpg

Everything should be painted now. Just did the thigh ammo pack and did research and saw the snaps in the bottom of the cod/butt plates are left silver.

3yBgWWZ.jpg

Need to buy Medium sized rivets. These "short" length ones are too short for attaching the canvas belt to the plastic portion.

pyTRGlw.jpg

Im doing some research on if its possible to make the leather holster holes  via soldering iron or do I need a leather hole puncher. 

Edited by Lord_Potato

You may need to reduce some paint on the smaller ab plate buttons there are a little bigQIyPrHM.jpg

35 minutes ago, Lord_Potato said:

Im doing some research on if its possible to make the leather holster holes  via soldering iron or do I need a leather hole puncher. 

Can't say I've seen anyone use a soldering iron, I normally use punches, if you don't have a punch look around for any small metal pipe or fitting the same size and grind an angle to the end, I've used this method before when my memory misplaced my punches ;) 

26 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You may need to reduce some paint on the smaller ab plate buttons there are a little bigQIyPrHM.jpg

Can't say I've seen anyone use a soldering iron, I normally use punches, if you don't have a punch look around for any small metal pipe or fitting the same size and grind an angle to the end, I've used this method before when my memory misplaced my punches ;) 

Yea, I'm going to buy a puncher since I have to buy rivets anyways. And I will make the buttons on the smaller plate a little smaller!

• Like 1

Repainted the ab buttons on the small vertical plate on the right side and installed rivets and rivet covers on the belt and installed drop boxes. Just waiting on a leather hole punch. 

jVjs18z.jpg

PLKhoHg.jpg

Slqmpt8.jpg

Edited by Lord_Potato

yp9XgX5.jpg?1  GjSdCiW.jpg?1

belt.png.56f98ca91b7364e8aa3cc35ca95faeab.png

Looks like you may have cut your corners of the plastic belt a little more than needed, should meet with the outer width of the belt for L3. You may be able to rim a little more of the end of the plastic belt to reduce the size of the angle cuts

• The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that that meets the outer edge of the cloth belt.

43 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

yp9XgX5.jpg?1  GjSdCiW.jpg?1

belt.png.56f98ca91b7364e8aa3cc35ca95faeab.png

Looks like you may have cut your corners of the plastic belt a little more than needed, should meet with the outer width of the belt for L3. You may be able to rim a little more of the end of the plastic belt to reduce the size of the angle cuts

• The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that that meets the outer edge of the cloth belt.

Yea....I cut the belt months ago and I could have sworn I followed the CRL. I guess I missed that part. Damn! I might have to trim like you said. I actually think it might help out when I put my holster. This belt is small and when I was eyeballing on where the holster would go, the aft leather tab was pretty close to the belt overlap at the back. I don't know if I explained that well. I'll post a picture once I get the leather puncher and have everything lined up. 

• Like 2

Followed Glen's advice and cut down some of my helmet screws. Thanks for the tip! Easier to put on my bucket.

VftN3Zs.jpg

I think Glen's advice on correcting my over trimming the corners of my belt is my best course of action to try and get level 3. To slim down the edges of the belt to make sure the corner meets with the edge of the belt. I have marked with a pencil the intended cuts but would like a little bit of confirmation before I go through with it. I'm actually almost done with my build so I don't wanna make anymore mistakes. 

Left side:

hoKAbF9.jpg

Right side:

5wqc24N.jpg

another reason why this might be a nice course of action is because my torso is pretty well tailored to my rather small torso......making for a belt of shorter length. When I place my holster connection straps on the belt it's right at the edge of the plastic belt on the forward leather tab and pretty much touching the velco/overlap side on the aft leather tab:

DTujgV4.jpg

CRL states nothing on position of holster....other than being on the left side. I am assuming it would be preferred if the holster was attached a little after the plastic belt as in this reference:

iP9gH2I.jpg

He's come a long way :)

sgAWQnO.jpg

Edited by Lord_Potato

Updated holster spacing images

STUNTiUZEoDS.png

HERO

bl96jhU.png

Also belt comer and button position references NOTE the belt cover is offset and closer to the end of the belt

yp9XgX5.jpg?1  GjSdCiW.jpg?1lA0qpzp.jpg?1

For Level 3, the corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that meets the outer edge of the cloth belt.

6 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Updated holster spacing images

STUNTiUZEoDS.png

HERO

bl96jhU.png

Also belt comer and button position references NOTE the belt cover is offset and closer to the end of the belt

yp9XgX5.jpg?1  GjSdCiW.jpg?1lA0qpzp.jpg?1

For Level 3, the corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that meets the outer edge of the cloth belt.

Again, thank you so much. So it looks like I will go ahead and cut where you suggested I cut the plastic ends of the belt. I already have the pencil markings drawn that will make the corners meet with the edge of the cloth belt. Looks like according to your informative belt post, I have a little bit of wiggle room for placement of the holster.

• Like 1

I trimmed the edges of the plastic ammo pack to make it meet L3 and I installed the E-11 holster:

gxkrEeQ.jpg

PE8bp53.jpg

4kn1Lmj.jpg

0jo1SyI.jpg

So everything but one thing is done for basic approval. Armor is assembled, fitted, strapped, and painted.

The only thing I have left to do is fill the six holes when I removed my improperly spaced split rivets on the left side of my torso armor. Then reinstall new rivets. 

For higher approvals I also need a blaster. I have been trying to buy an E11. Been looking for one of those rubber ones that can meet L3 requirements. I have messaged Shear Tech, HellHound Props and Praetorian Blasters. I havent received any responses. Trying to decide what to do. I would like to get one thats fully assembled but I might have to settle for whatever I can get. 

Edited by Lord_Potato

Split rivet repair has begun. All holes are filled with abs paste and focusing on the bottom kidney hole first. Looks like I'll need to apply another latter or two of paste to eventually fill up the little air holes in the dried paste. 424b212a4d48a225ac52623f948f0128.jpg7c6cbd4f866fbfb7708cfb09af6dd1c7.jpg8184c3cdbe19cca0bdb0c751b7d9c6bf.jpgf6812db546339e27e8d497340041e43f.jpg7f86b8b5d4f30e11ed5c32314be0a27d.jpg66abcb5bf04136decfc1322f3ef6ff9e.jpgd088dd5a5843fb8d3e0809b1b146505a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well.....I did my best to repair the holes.....

KQBKV5I.jpg

Using this reference:

mznj60A.jpg

I have made measurements and marked with pencil on the AB plate side where I intend to make the new holes:

ajpzoD8.jpg

Would like so confirmation of this looks alright. I have a habit of jumping the gun. And since this is the last thing I need to do before I submit for basic I am anxious ha ha. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lord_Potato said:

Would like so confirmation of this looks alright. I have a habit of jumping the gun. And since this is the last thing I need to do before I submit for basic I am anxious ha ha. 

Great work !  Looks just right. remember to place the Ab section rivets first , (those you have marked) and then align the kidney rivets.

Almost there ! :jc_doublethumbup:

Had to adjust my side strapping system since the new rivets are where my old snaps used to be. Once the glue to my snaps and my painted rivets dry I can take some pictures all suited up and if all looks decent I will prepare to submit for pre approval. Fingers crossed this is the last thing before I'm good for pre approval and basic. b4e9f382eefea3439fd9cdea6abdbdb2.jpg

• Like 1

• Lord_Potato changed the title to Lord_Potato's Walt's Trooper Factory ANH TK Build (Ready For Pre Approval)

Looking good, you may just want to lift your biceps a little, it will give me more room at the wrists, at present your forearms are hitting your hand plates ;) 

You could also drop your belt down a little at the back, it's angled upwards quite a lot higher than the front, if you look at the side image. Also watch your drop box placement when moving and taking photos ;) 

cbmCEkM.thumb.jpg.144e0f5ed5b5fd16ce8e0cf6bd6ae3f7.jpg

8 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Looking good, you may just want to lift your biceps a little, it will give me more room at the wrists, at present your forearms are hitting your hand plates ;) 

You could also drop your belt down a little at the back, it's angled upwards quite a lot higher than the front, if you look at the side image. Also watch your drop box placement when moving and taking photos ;) 

cbmCEkM.thumb.jpg.144e0f5ed5b5fd16ce8e0cf6bd6ae3f7.jpg

Thank you, I'll make the corrections before I submit. I might have to make slightly shorter straps for the bicep and forearms. Easy day. The belt naturally likes to slide up on the left side. I will see if not making it sonsnig will help. 

Edited by Lord_Potato
  • Like 1

I had issues with my belt sliding up as well.  I put some velcro on the armor and corresponding areas of the canvas belt (left and right sides near the kidney), and that solved any slippage issues for me.  Maybe worth a try?

Looking at your pics, have you removed all of the returns off of the ends of your forearms?  I see some curving at the ends, but maybe it's just the way the lighting is.  

Looking at your pics, have you removed all of the returns off of the ends of your forearms?  I see some curving at the ends, but maybe it's just the way the lighting is.  
Here's a pic right before they were assembled. I forgot to take a close up when I had the kit out. But yes, the return edge is gone. db2ab66ef094f189e993266b5b55a5ab.jpg

I made both bicep straps a smidge shorter and with crickets advice, used velcro to help keep the left side of my belt down. The only thing I forgot to do was slide my drop box on the left side to align with my belt. As soon as I do that I intend to submit. 03862312057fbd3a66c6d892f72a1eee.jpgf31b3622bf556242c8e7cfc0fb81e985.jpgc8ec73bc8439b51c4d6d5fe72355433b.jpgc7e2eb86e63fe0665f23b93608751330.jpg

Edited by Lord_Potato